stronski

Christie not attending Pro-Gun Rally

http://www.politickernj.com/63060/governor-will-not-attend-2nd-amendment-rally-friday

Gov. Chris Christie has declined an invitation to speak at a Second Amendment rally scheduled for tomorrow in Trenton.

Frank Fiamingo, the president of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society that is sponsoring the rally, said he was told by the administration the governor ‘sends his regrets.

Fiamingo had invited the governor to speak at the rally and said the governor told him he would love to attend. Fiamingo said he then spoke to an administration scheduler who he said confirmed the governor’s attendance, “barring a last minute scheduling conflict.”

A spokesman for the administration denied that Christie had ever confirmed his attendance, saying the governor gets hundreds of requests to speak and not all can be honored.

“The governor is a very busy person and he has a lot on his plate,” Fiamingo said. “There could be something else that takes precedence.”

Fiamingo said he was disappointed and added that the governor needs to make his stance on guns public. “I think it’s to his detriment not to be very clear where he stands,” Fiamingo said. "I think this hurts him on the national stage. What plays in New Jersey doesn't play in places like Montana and Wyoming and Texas. If the governor chooses not to sit with us and come to some compromise with regards to gun control measures and the right of the citizens to keep and bear arms we have no choice but to expose that to the rest of the nation."

Is NJ living under a large rock???

Does NJ not realise they are the laughing stock, on So Many Levels, to almost the rest of the entire country (excluding Kalifornia)???

I hope Christie's ambitions are not to satisfy a couple million people over hundreds of millions in this Lrg Country.

Penny wise / Pound foolish Id say.....

In case some of you were sleeping during Christies election:

ChrisChristieOnGuns.png

HANNITY: All right. As governor, now one of the big debates in the Republican Party now is whether or not it's going to be a party of Reagan and conservatism or those that want a more moderate voice?

As governor, now you're a prosecutor, so you're tough on crime.

CHRISTIE: Yes.

HANNITY: You're running this campaign on fiscal responsibility.

HANNITY: Are there any issues where you are, quote, moderate to left as a Republican?

CHRISTIE: Listen, I favor some of the gun-control measures we have in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Bad idea.

CHRISTIE: Listen, we have a densely-populated state, and there's a big hand gun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don't support all the things that the governor supports by a long stretch. But I think on guns — certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law-enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed, we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Should every — should every citizen in the state be allowed to get a licensed weapon if they want one?

CHRISTIE: In New Jersey, that's not going to happen, Sean.

HANNITY: Why?

CHRISTIE: Listen, the Democratic legislature we have, there's no way those type of things — listen, at the end of the day, what I support are common sense laws that will allow people to protect themselves, but I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets, very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don't have an abundance of guns out there.

But listen, the issues in this race are taxes and jobs and spending.

HANNITY: It's the economcy, stupid.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...4#ixzz2KGiFMGmP

Christie, who's Christie? He is irrelevant. Really, what would he have possibly said to make it worthwhile. And, if he did support the people and the Constitution, he would have been disingenuous and pandering.

Well, at least he was able to find some time to be on Letterman. I'm glad he has his priorities straight. It would have been nice if he had stood up for the Constitution and reassured his state that he isn't a dictator in the mold of Cuomo.

Well, I guess he still has time to do the right thing, but don't forget that if you put lipstick on a RINO, it's still a RINO and RINOs don't do the right thing when it comes down to the wire.

We need to get the message out to all of the Americans across this nation that support the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution that Christie is MIA, especially if he snorting his way toward a national stage. Maybe he will get the support of Powell and Rove.

HANNITY: All right. As governor, now one of the big debates in the Republican Party now is whether or not it's going to be a party of Reagan and conservatism or those that want a more moderate voice?

HANNITY: Are there any issues where you are, quote, moderate to left as a Republican?

CHRISTIE: Listen, I favor some of the gun-control measures we have in New Jersey.

CHRISTIE: Listen, we have a densely-populated state, and there's a big hand gun problem in New Jersey. Now, I don't support all the things that the governor supports by a long stretch. But I think on guns — certain gun control issues, looking at it from a law-enforcement perspective, seeing how many police officers were killed, we have an illegal gun problem in New Jersey.

HANNITY: Should every — should every citizen in the state be allowed to get a licensed weapon if they want one?

CHRISTIE: Listen, the Democratic legislature we have, there's no way those type of things — listen, at the end of the day, what I support are common sense laws that will allow people to protect themselves, but I also am very concerned about the safety of our police officers on the streets, very concerned. And I want to make sure that we don't have an abundance of guns out there.

I would say all law-abiding 2nd Amendment supporters would be in favor of doing something about the ILLEGAL gun problem in this state. Why doesn't Christie do something about that, or more specifically the criminals and thugs that use them? To me, that direction would seem more reasonable than Cuomo's approach of going after the law-abiding citizens and creating a group of people even further disillusioned with the government and its unconstitutional power grab. We don't need this governor there if he won't stand with the people.

Disappointed, but to be fair, Friday is looking like a hell day for NJ and surrounding areas. Because of the weather.

I imagine if he attended, he's gonna get lambasted for not attending to "Governorly" duties like sending out snow trucks or something.

Why even bother running as a "Republican"?

I FULLY remember watching that interview.

Not rocket science here... When one uses the words "common sense" and "safety" all in ONE sentence....

BINGO! You ARE the baby daddy liberal!!!

And how come in other states that are in Free America, there would seem to be large numbers of cops that would turn out to these events? Are NJ cops 'ashamed' or something? I know, have worked with, are friends with, cops in other states , who, WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST QUESTION, AM PROUD SUPPORTERS.

Patriot Oak zeroed right in on exactly what I think we all did: the word ILLEGAL.

Good Christ this man is a train wreck. We've got a big problem if this is the best the GOP can do, and it's any wonder they're losing market share in elections.

Lots of people here voted for him, although to be fair what was our choice?

It is NJ, outer fight is uphill, regardless of party affiliation, so we need to stay focused, involved, and be smart. We can't afford to bad mouth one party or another, we can't afford to bicker and be divided.

And we can't give up.

ChrisChristieOnGuns.png

So Christie is concerned about cops being killed because of gun laws but gun laws are very strict , he admits, but cops are still being killed....because of strict gun laws. What am I missing?

And that tired old excuse, ' Oh NJ is a populous state therefore guns dont apply here' is invalid.

Plenty of super gun-friendly cities and states with dense populations and getting more dense as New Jersians move out more and more. ;)

My fear is just what's being 'left behind' here. :(

:facepalm:

Yeah, I knew about his past statments so in the primary I voted for Lonegan. Christie won it. Should I have voted for Corzine out of spite?? Or because "my" guy lost? Should I have stayed home sucking my thumb? Should I have??

Should I vote for Bouno next election?

Come on folks!! Let's stop behaving like petulant children and face reality. The Dems have the votes to pass anything they want. With all the gerrymandering in the state, they can do it so with impunity. Christie is the only person standing between us and the wolves. Antagonizing him, no only got old like at the second time it was done, it's not funny and is counterpruductive. Yeah, he's not pro 2nd and in the end we may get shaffed again but let's not worsen the odds.

Hopefully Christie has it in is head to run for president in 2016 and wont sign any more anti gun nonsense as it wouldn't help him in the long run. I am hoping we can get thru this current storm of nonsense still clinging to our pinned stocks and 15 round mags, after that maybe we can start working on bringing some of that common sense Christie mention back to our gun laws.

I didn't think there was any upside for Christie to attend the rally, and lots of downside.

He's not a 2A guy. Anything he does for us is only because he understands that there are 40 states where the 2A makes a real difference. If the Republican primary voters can be convinced he's strongly anti 2A (anything he says and does can and will be used against him), his political career, at least as a Republican, ends in January 2018 in Trenton.

Christie has an "easy out" in that New Jersey has (or had, if the rest of the indigo blues get their way) the second most stringent gun control laws of any state.

He still needs to get reelected in November and to do that can't turn off the Volvo Republicans and soccer moms too much. It's good for us that he's there and not Corzine, but 2A supporters in Ohio, Texas and Virginia are more important to him than we are.

The last conservative governor New Jersey had was Charles Edison (D), and he left office in 1944. Since then it's been either liberal Republicans or ultra-liberal Democrats. Christie may be about as good as it gets here.

It seems at every turn this state lets us down. It's a shame because this state has a lot of potential. Christie says he's for "common sense" gun policies. (Since when does NJ have any gun policies that make sense?) He looks at gun control from a "law enforcement prospective"... that perspective is one of more restrictions on our Second Amendment rights. If Christie is a good as it's gonna get then I hope to leave this state at the earliest possible convenience.

Just so you know, MD had their rally on the 6th rather than the 8th like the rest of the nation! There were more than a thousand there in support of our rights!! I hope tomorrows turn out is triple that due to how restrictive this state already is!! Some heads up I heard for those attending tomorrow was to GET THERE EARLY!! This is the way to peacefully protest and stand up for our rights! I hope to see you guys out there! the NJ2A's have a sign up sheet on their site to get an etimate and some general guidelines such as NO CAMO. Heres a link to some coverage from the MD rally!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/6/gun-rights-advocates-swarm-annapolis-fight-omalley/