Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Barbara Buono vows to take on Gun Lobbyists

From an article about today's rally in Trenton.....

Democratic Sen. Barbara Buono, who is running for governor, says she will "take on the gun lobbyists" and fight for new gun restrictions.

http://www.northjers...Statehouse.html

Just so we are clear.......these 'gun lobbyists' Buono speaks about are not representatives from the NRA, nor representatives from Ruger or S&W.....these 'gun lobbyists' are US!!!!

Buono WILL make the governor's race about gun control....make NO mistake....it's her one and only card against Christie.

From an article about today's rally in Trenton.....

Democratic Sen. Barbara Buono, who is running for governor, says she will "take on the gun lobbyists" and fight for new gun restrictions.

http://www.northjers...Statehouse.html

Just so we are clear.......these 'gun lobbyists' Buono speaks about are not representatives from the NRA, nor representatives from Ruger or S&W.....these 'gun lobbyists' are US!!!!

Buono WILL make the governor's race about gun control....make NO mistake....it's her one and only card against Christie.

I think you meant to spell her name G.u.a.n.o.

What leverage does she have over Christie. He is anti gun as well

She's ACTIVELY anti gun.......you want all 43 of those anti gun bills to sail straight to her desk non stop, then vote for her and turn your guns in now.....you want a fighting chance, then Christie...........and yes, I know we're screwed either way. But anti guns bills have gone nowhere under his administration.

Lol so wait ...you're saying not to post new relevant info as cemetery did?

It's not to post relevant info, but to tell them we will not take any more tyrannical oppression and will defeat their measures. Any time anti-gun articles are posted, flood their offices with email, letters, faxes, yourself, and tell them no more. Tell them, the line has been drawn in the sand and we will take no more.

We have to be the offense stating, "we will win", no matter how you feel inside. Wars have been won with hundreds against thousands. A winning attitude will gain strength.

Anyone who has inside information on Chris Christie's political goals, strategies and results of focus groups isn't posting it here. We're just guessing and connecting the dots. My own guess is Christie realizes those AW ads from years ago are going to come back to haunt him, and that he needs to establish cred with the Republican base in the ~40 pro-2A states for 2016.

If Buono wants to make the governor's race focus on guns it might cost him a few votes among the soccer moms and Volvo Republicans this November, but it could actually help him in 2016. That's just my guess, though.

BTW, besides "us", what "gun lobbyists" are there in New Jersey? Not to slight the importance our local dealers, but New Jersey isn't a major market for any firearms manufacturer.

Even though Walmart is the biggest retailer in the US, they can't be bothered with New Jersey.

She's ACTIVELY anti gun.......you want all 43 of those anti gun bills to sail straight to her desk non stop, then vote for her and turn your guns in now.....you want a fighting chance, then Christie...........and yes, I know we're screwed either way. But anti guns bills have gone nowhere under his administration.

I don't think Ms. Bozo has a chance against the Big Boy. He is definitely the less of the two evils.

Oh, don't worry, there are PLENTY of people on this board who will vote for her because they are Democrats and will vote party line. They have already said they aren't "single issue voters". They will willingly give up their gun rights for free healthcare and other free stuff.

They may say they are ardent supporters of the 2A, but many of them will vote Democrat when it comes down to it.

http://www.nationalj...-the-economy-08

Poll: Christie Approval Remains High, But Not on the Economy

By Dan Roem // February 8, 2013 | 12:05 a.m.

Just over two weeks after a Quinnipac University poll pegged New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's job approval rating at 74 percent, a new Rutgers-Eagleton poll http://www.rci.rutge...ingsFeb2013.pdf reaffirmed that rating by giving the Republican a virtually identical approval mark of 73 percent. The leading Democratic challenger in the November election, on the other hand, remains little-known in the Garden State.

Christie also sports a 70-percent favorability rating, an uptick of three percentage points from the last poll, conducted in November. Two-thirds of respondents did not offer any opinion about his likely Democratic opponent, state Sen. Barbara Buono, suggesting her name identification is still low. The poll also showed that Democratic state Senate President Steve Sweeney, who endorsed Buono after considering a bid of his own, is unknown by 56 percent of the electorate.

The poll release did not include a Christie-Buono ballot test.

One potential boon for Buono is that Christie's approval rating for how he is handling the economy and taxes is only at parity. The poll also states that two-thirds of voters consider those two issues to be the Garden State's most important problems, with 35 percent choosing the "economy and jobs" and 31 percent selecting "high taxes."

While 45 percent of voters approved of Christie's performance on the economy, 46 percent disapproved. Meanwhile, 40 percent of voters gave Christie high marks for how he has handled "high taxes" and 52 percent disapproved.

Eleven percent of voters identified "Hurricane Sandy recovery" as New Jersey's biggest problem. It is that issue that Christie receives his highest approval rating: 86 percent, compared to an 11-percent disapproval rating. The incumbent governor also received high marks for his handling of education and schools (54 percent) and crime and drugs (51 percent).

Voters gave Christie more of a mixed review on the state budget, with 49 percent approving and 38 percent disapproving.

Downloading the actual poll http://www.rci.rutge...ingsFeb2013.pdf (this was the only download I could find -- it wasn't linked from most news stories about the poll), the interesting thing is that when asked "which is the MOST important problem facing New Jersey", 35% answer "The economy and jobs", 31% "High taxes", 11% "Hurricane Sandy recovery", 10% education and Schools", 8% "Crime and Drugs", 4% "Something Else" and 1% "Don't Know".

"Guns" don't seem to make the list at all, except tangentially as "Crime and Drugs".

It's also interesting that other news sources seem to think that "taxes" are a Christie vulnerability, but I kinda doubt that most New Jersey voters think the problem with our taxes is that they're not high enough and need to be raised (on "the rich"), which would the standard NJ Democrat and I'd guess Buono's answer.

Not that Christie needs or wants my advice, but if Buono wants to make the election about guns, he should let her -- meanwhile campaigning on the top four issues identified by voters as most important. (Which is what he seems to be doing.)

Anyone who has inside information on Chris Christie's political goals, strategies and results of focus groups isn't posting it here. We're just guessing and connecting the dots. My own guess is Christie realizes those AW ads from years ago are going to come back to haunt him, and that he needs to establish cred with the Republican base in the ~40 pro-2A states for 2016.

If Buono wants to make the governor's race focus on guns it might cost him a few votes among the soccer moms and Volvo Republicans this November, but it could actually help him in 2016. That's just my guess, though.

BTW, besides "us", what "gun lobbyists" are there in New Jersey? Not to slight the importance our local dealers, but New Jersey isn't a major market for any firearms manufacturer.

Even though Walmart is the biggest retailer in the US, they can't be bothered with New Jersey.

No Guessing involved..those ads came back IN FORCE during his campaign, and have been regularly brought up all over the place... he knows he;s going to have to do something POSITIVE to change that image..so far however, his chocies for AG amd their behind-the-scenes attack on our rights doesnt shoe too much in that regard

We have a gun lobby in NJ? Huh.

Yes we do....

it consists of you, me, and anybody else in NJ who's standing up and fighting for our rights. That's how the antigunners define 'gun lobby'....and the NRA....when they say the NRA is coming to Trenton....they mean 'us'...it's all a scare tactic to play on the fears of the sheeple regarding a NRA boogieman under their bed.

"Guns" don't seem to make the list at all, except tangentially as "Crime and Drugs".

the 2012 changed the playing field....Obama won on bs social issues...not on real problems....the left focused on these, and Romney tried to focus on the real issues and lost because nobody cared.....and that's how Buono will run her campaign, and possibly win. Christie will be portrayed as a bully, bullying a woman......criminay, the campaign dramalama just writes itself.

Yep!!! She's an anti to the bone. Christie at least is sympathetic to the fudds.