Duppie

Happy Chinese new year.......

Yep....stir fried crabs with ground pork,ginger,black bean and scallions {still able to find fat crabs this morning} Yung chow fried rice,steamed choy in garlic and oyster sauce,winter melon soup,moon cake and Remy Martin.

Gung Hei Fah Choi!

I will probably be collecting the hung baos next weekend from the Lion head.

I loved those too.......don't get married.

PSA -

Rou do not eat deadry New Year Mochi Death Cake. Rou going to die! Beware deadry New Year Mochi Death Cake. And Keep Vacuum nearby in case of choking.

:)

Hope my friends from the East get a kick out of these Japanese PSAs. Yes, I know you are mainlands side, but all of the mainlands do the same thing I just haven't seen their commercials.

Happy New Year! :)

Too late. I miss the days there were fireworks in Chinatown.

Remember the guy on Essex who would light a triple mat of fireworks starting from the roof of his 4 story building? It would go for 30 minutes and produce a mound of red paper? .....now we bring in the new year with a recording of fireworks. wish I was in HK or Manila.

Remember the guy on Essex who would light a triple mat of fireworks starting from the roof of his 4 story building? It would go for 30 minutes and produce a mound of red paper? .....now we bring in the new year with a recording of fireworks. wish I was in HK or Manila.

I don't recall that but there were lots of very long fireworks belts hanging down from the fire escapes. I remember coming back from Chinese New Year and there were burn holes in my clothes from all the fireworks being thrown at us.

Those were the good ole years. Now they have those ghey fake Roman candle looking tubes that shoot out fairy strings.

Wow, there are more Asian-american members of NJGF than I thought.

My girlfriend's half Taiwanese, so we're celebrating Chinese New Year tomorrow.

Yes, btw, the same girlfriend who ruptured my spleen haha.

But yeah, the red envelopes, I've heard of that... Between that and Bar Mitzvahs, I feel like Irish/English/German Catholics like me miss out on the cash thing...

Wow, there are more Asian-american members of NJGF than I thought.

My girlfriend's half Taiwanese, so we're celebrating Chinese New Year tomorrow.

Yes, btw, the same girlfriend who ruptured my spleen haha.

But yeah, the red envelopes, I've heard of that... Between that and Bar Mitzvahs, I feel like Irish/English/German Catholics like me miss out on the cash thing...

My ex was Taiwanese and Italian.....

I'm not an Asian American, but I love and envy that culture. I immersed myself into my Ex's families way of doing things. I even started to learn Cantonese.

I really believe in the energy driven spiritual ways I experienced.

And of course... I'm a sucker for all Asian food!!

Except for a few things that came off the dim sum cart...

Happy New Years everyone!!!!

I remember them doing something like that in Philly's Chinatown, that was awesome. Not sure if they are still able to do it there, I know that in NJ that recording of fireworks might even be illegal.

Happy New Year all!

gents, i would appreciate if you could tip me on a good dim sum place in NJ... being from toronto, i miss wonderfull dim sum places in markham area... yam!

Wonder Seafoods in Edison and Sunny Palace in East Brunswick both offer HK style Dim Sum on steam carts. Look them up on Yelp. Wonder has a better variety but can get very crowded and parking is at times an issue. Sunny Palace is a bit more expensive and their selection is somewhat limited but their Chicken feet are the best. Good luck.

Happy New Year all!

gents, i would appreciate if you could tip me on a good dim sum place in NJ... being from toronto, i miss wonderfull dim sum places in markham area... yam!

Ah. Toronto. My wife is from Scarborough and we go back every few months to visit family and EAT. Chinese food there beats NYC Chinatown any day of the week..!

Ah. Toronto. My wife is from Scarborough and we go back every few months to visit family and EAT. Chinese food there beats NYC Chinatown any day of the week..!

NYC's Chinatown went the way of NYC's little Italy....all mid west tourist. We drive all the way to Queens and Rockaway for good Chinese food and Thai.

I miss the red envelopes. Now I have to GIVE them :/

Same here - first year of doing it... mannnnn..

Happy New Year all!

Also if you come up to the Woodbridge area, Royal Seafood in Avenel on Route 1&9 South is good too.

Also if you come up to the Woodbridge area, Royal Seafood in Avenel on Route 1&9 South is good too.

That place might be the best dim sum in Central Jersey; quality is not far off from the truly great places in Chinatown and Brooklyn.

Sunny Palace on 18 in East Brunswick isn't bad either, but i haven't been over there in a while.

Gong Hey Fat Choy!

I got some decorations from a party store and we're having potstickers (and hot dogs) and we have Clementines. Don't do the red envelopes yet, they will be getting red envelopes with hearts on them later in the week. They will find out about that and expect it next time--my oldest (bio) did a dragon coloring thing in school Friday, and my middle (Korean) did a snake connect the dots & color in his Catholic preschool. Little one (Chinese) is more into her Hello Kitty valentines right now and is making a box for them.