matty

STATEHOUSE FEB 13TH - merged threads

That's the point, they don't listen, nor will they ever. They are in their positions of power, and don't care what us peons want or desire. The people at the top, I mean the real people who Cryan reports to, have a big problem with the 2nd Amendment. Cryan and his cronies are just following the party, to make sure the machine will keep them employed.

It's a nice gig to have, I mean people have to respect and listen to you all the time, you haved armed guards, get to disobey laws and write new ones when you see fit.

This is far from over. Bach, Fiamingo, and all of the 2A powers in NJ will now regroup and come up with a game plan for us to follow.

Details to follow!

I will NOT comply!

This!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

So basically we have a Gov that would like to be President. What we need to do is also enlist our fellow 2nd Amendment friends from other states to fax, email and call Christie and let him know they will not vote for him if does not veto these bills.

I think we would like to see the bills get shot down in either house before it even gets that far but that’s an excellent point and may be a viable Plan C route. How we could do it would be the question but I’m sure we could get some outside support if needed. One could only hope CC does the right thing and shit cans ALL before any of it goes that far. If it does go the distance then CC will have to decide which means no more sitting on the fence like with the Romney campaign. We need someone that is all-in and no half-measures.

exactly my point, they won't listen to logic. you are right...

so my point stands. instead, put them on defense. Start attacking. If the point of Cryan's ccw was brought up, it would have been a theatrical dream. That room would tear him apart. No person can be taken seriously that tells you we don't deserve ccw, deserve loads of new restrictions on the already limited guns we are allowed to possess, and meanwhile walks around carrying 24/7 with police protection on his campaign stops. Challenge him to bring himself to our level. When he doesn't, he looks like a gigantic hypocritical prick. Instead, he just looked like a guy who has a different opinion than we do.

It takes the conversation in a different direction. If you can't make them see the light, then simply just make them FEEL THE HEAT. sometimes its more effective with these drones.

I think we would like to see the bills get shot down in either house before it even gets that far but that’s an excellent point and may be a viable Plan C route. How we could do it would be the question but I’m sure we could get some outside support if needed. .

For a grass roots response Resources like the /r/progun sub on reddit may be useful for drumming up out of state folks to remind CC the impact his decisions have on the national stage.

More organized lobbying could be done by the NRA to remind him of the national implications.

Similarly RNC, while not our ally (I don't think) could provide similar viewpoints on what it takes at a national level. This is especially true if DNC is behind some of this BS in NJ.

Well, you guys got a few minutes of TV time on NJTV. I got to see Frank and Scott talk a bit, as well as the woman that was removed. Clapping was pretty loud, frick them. What a bunch of pompous, arrogant a-holes! When I run a meeting EVERYONE gets to speak, we do not vote on something BEFORE the public gets to speak. Funny thing, in my town, the Democrats on our Town Council are trying to do exactly what these morons wanted to do, vote BEFORE the public speaks! We have two lone Republicans, one a council member, the other the mayor, they might as well not even attend the meetings. It appears Democrats nationwide have their own hidden agenda and the rest of us, their peons, are not privy to the contents. Maybe Vlad is correct, we need to change party affiliations and attack them from within. I have always said on here, we need to put them on the defensive instead of us always in that position.

The full Assembly next---call-fax--whine,****, cry moan, do WHATEVER IT TAKES, then the NJ Senate--run by the most pro gun Dem in NJ, Steve Sweeney & the Norcrosses. DON'T FORGET THE SENATE! Its BEFORE it goes to Christie, there's still several steps left! Also, note that the Senate and Assembly Dem leaderships are not in the best of terms. Also, the majority of the bills in the L&PS committe today were SPONSORED and/or I am lucky in that my Assemblers in District 12 will likely be voting against this crapparella ( I will call again to remind them, juuussst in case)AUTHORED by commmittee members--it's what they do, its the law & Public Safety Committee. Like DUH! There was little or no chance to get them to vote against something they wrote, in the end! I doubt those HUGE EGOS would even consider it--

DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP! There's STILL A LONG WAYS TO GO!

Guys /Gals

The NJ2AS has spent alot of money in the last two weeks. Please help your Soicety help you, by giving what you can .

http://www.nj2as.com...07196&wofg=true

Just gave them an extra $100, and an extra $100 to ANJPRC litigation fund.

https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/donations/

The fight is on.

Here's an idea for a strategy, giving reason one last try:

For each assembly/senate district in the state, we need a group of 5 people from this forum, Nj2AS, NRA or elsewhere who live in that district. They must be articulate and well informed about firearms.

Each group of 5 should collaborate via email and produce a solid argument against each of the bills (except the ones we like).

Then the group should ask for an in-person meeting with the assemblymen for that district. Present the case against each bill. Facts and reason, not emotion. Be prepared to counter the usual BS arguments and misinformation with facts. Note which arguments seem to work, and which don't.

Improve the arguments based on the meeting with the assemblymen, and arrange to meet with the senator from that district. Again, hone the arguments based on the response.

Finally, take the best arguments and five of the best presenters and ask to meet with Gov Christie. Make the case for a veto. Tell him he'll have our support for re-election if he vetoes the bills.

Anyone have a better strategy?

I'm in for District 27. Anyone else? Unfortunately, one of my assemblymen, Mila Jasey, is a sponsor of several of these bills.

I think another thing is to figure out which reps have contested seats. Pressure on them is much likelier to work, especially when they realize there's a large number of us who will be giving donations to the candidate who backs us.

That Mainor and Weinberg should be arrested for treason. She went way over the two minutes. This committee was a farce and no intention of listening to the public in attendance.

Joe Cryan should be embarassed to be an Undersheriff.

"On a critical note, people need to abstain from these arguments about lofty idealism and dreams of a pure republic. Not because they are wrong, the points made are correct, but they do not connect or have an impact on these people. You have to make your testimonies about the actual bills. We need to demonstrate the hypocritical nature of the bills, show facts of where these laws fail elsewhere, etc."

Absolutely. That's what I kept tweeting/blogging. If they were going to be swayed by these arguments, they would have by now. We need to be laser focused on: 1) why the bills make no sense, 2) why the bills will waste tax payer money, and 3) the litigation nightmare that these bills are going to rain down on the state.

Something I posted elsewhere:

In China, they have what they call the "human search engine." They identify a target, and millions of people investigate the person. We need to do that. Quick Google search shows only his "Dallas Cowgirls and Philadelphia Gaybirds" facebook comment and his pending home foreclosure. We have his wonderful facebook page, which we should archive before he takes it down.

I'm guessing that between him and Cryon, there's a lot of interesting shit to be found.

www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/new-jersey-guns_n_2678713.html?utm_hp_ref=gun-control

Made Huffington Post.

Those comments were infuriating. Seriously, if the word hate was micro-inscribed once every planck-unit on each of the subatomic particles that compose my being, it would not equal one-one billionth of the hatred I feel at this moment.

Those comments were infuriating. Seriously, if the word hate was micro-inscribed once every planck-unit on each of the subatomic particles that compose my being, it would not equal one-one billionth of the hatred I feel at this moment.

Wow, such objective reporting! Congratulations on journalistic integrity, Ariana Huffington.

This pent up rage is going nowhere good.

effort should be focused now on these supporters of these absurd bills. If someone here has absolute proof that Cryan has a ccw, there should be recorded phone calls and walk-up video recorded interrogations of him and his staff asking if he will immediately surrender his CCW permit to the state and cease carrying. That is, assuming it is true he has one.

Don't whine to him with emails. Get him on record. Don't stop the recordings until you have them on tape admitting one way or the other. Don't just pontificate about their hypocrisy. SHOW it with proof. If him having that permit is true, the hypocrisy will do more to combat these bills than our whining. Prove that he thinks he is better than his constituents and does not deserve to respect the same laws that we must endure. So long as their is a justifiable need clause for carrying, no politician should be granted that permit any more so than your average citizen

These past few weeks, and especially what happened today, have solidified in my mind that we can't use logic with these clowns as they do not seem to understand any of it. While I still believe the main fight will be in the courts, we all know how long that can take and in the meantime these human waste bags will keep introducing absurd laws just because they can. I have always been the kind of person who said we should stick to the high ground, but I'm f**king sick of this. I say we fight them as they deserve. Hire private detectives or investigative journalist to dig everything about them. Put up billboards and ads highlighting their dirty secrets. Hound them at every turn with their hypocrisy and use their language against them and record everything. Call up voters before election and play back some of crap that is sure to be caught on tape. It's no longer about educating them about guns, it's about voting them out of office no matter what even if they are replaced by someone of similar views as the main message is "you vote for anti-2a you lose your job".

I think we need to start a SuperPAC whose express goal will be to get these guys out of office. I would gladly donate money to such an endeavor.

Great job today Patriots. It's not over and these so called elected officials were definitely talking about the turnout after it was over. Going to Trenton takes a lot of planing and time and we have to go out of our way to get there.

But it is time to take it to another level. Time to take it to the streets. And by streets I mean taking it to these officials front steps. Everyone of these officials have offices in their districts. By protesting their offices it is a lot easier getting there in your town or the next town over. In Trenton these officials hide behind the State Police and the metal detectors and only have to be in Trenton a few times a month. But they are in their offices the rest of the time. That's where we have to take it to them. The time for being polite and courteous is over. Was Mainor kind and courteous to everyone in attendance today? "This is my meeting" he declared.

Now I am not saying we revert to violence because that never works. But it is time we let the people of these officials district's know whom they elected. They only know the man or women who shows up at election time seeking their votes. It's time to let them know what these peoples salaries are, what other jobs they have, what pension's their getting and how many. Because we all know these officials are going to collect 2 or 3 pensions when their done. We do to them what they do to anybody who dares to run against them. Everyone one of them have offices in highly visible area's. Let's expose them for who they are. Going by today's session they could care less what we had to say. So let's bring their records to their voters. Our neighbors.

The time for being nice is over. We are under siege. Our Liberty is at stake. Our children's liberty is at stake. We can talk about moving but that just leaves the problem to somebody else. The time to act now.

Even if it's 10 people outside exposing them they will take notice. We can't let them hide in Trenton anymore and pass these bills then head up the Turnpike back home and hide behind their desks without their constitutes knowing what their passing in Trenton.

Our founding Fathers rose up in the face of tyranny to give us this beautiful country we live in. Let's not let them down.

The time to act is now.

And don't forget to record everything.

Great job today Patriots. It's not over and these so called elected officials were definitely talking about the turnout after it was over. Going to Trenton takes a lot of planing and time and we have to go out of our way to get there.

But it is time to take it to another level. Time to take it to the streets. And by streets I mean taking it to these officials front steps. Everyone of these officials have offices in their districts. By protesting their offices it is a lot easier getting there in your town or the next town over. In Trenton these officials hide behind the State Police and the metal detectors and only have to be in Trenton a few times a month. But they are in their offices the rest of the time. That's where we have to take it to them. The time for being polite and courteous is over. Was Mainor kind and courteous to everyone in attendance today? "This is my meeting" he declared.

Now I am not saying we revert to violence because that never works. But it is time we let the people of these officials district's know whom they elected. They only know the man or women who shows up at election time seeking their votes. It's time to let them know what these peoples salaries are, what other jobs they have, what pension's their getting and how many. Because we all know these officials are going to collect 2 or 3 pensions when their done. We do to them what they do to anybody who dares to run against them. Everyone one of them have offices in highly visible area's. Let's expose them for who they are. Going by today's session they could care less what we had to say. So let's bring their records to their voters. Our neighbors.

The time for being nice is over. We are under siege. Our Liberty is at stake. Our children's liberty is at stake. We can talk about moving but that just leaves the problem to somebody else. The time to act now.

Even if it's 10 people outside exposing them they will take notice. We can't let them hide in Trenton anymore and pass these bills then head up the Turnpike back home and hide behind their desks without their constitutes knowing what their passing in Trenton.

Our founding Fathers rose up in the face of tyranny to give us this beautiful country we live in. Let's not let them down.

The time to act is now.

And don't forget to record everything.

I agree 1000%

Lets beat them at their own game!

It's encouraging to see that they have finally awaken the sleeping giant that is us!

Let's make NJ an example of the people taking THEIR government back!

"I'm sorry we was unable to agree on the bills passed today, but please understand that I will make myself available to discuss my position on any of the bills. Please feel free to call my office at 201-536-7851..please note that I will not be in the office on Thursday, but if you leave your number I will return your call.

Respectfully

Asm. Charles Mainor"

I'm not sure what good calling him would do, but it feels like a challenge.

These past few weeks, and especially what happened today, have solidified in my mind that we can't use logic with these clowns as they do not seem to understand any of it. While I still believe the main fight will be in the courts, we all know how long that can take and in the meantime these human waste bags will keep introducing absurd laws just because they can. I have always been the kind of person who said we should stick to the high ground, but I'm f**king sick of this. I say we fight them as they deserve. Hire private detectives or investigative journalist to dig everything about them. Put up billboards and ads highlighting their dirty secrets. Hound them at every turn with their hypocrisy and use their language against them and record everything. Call up voters before election and play back some of crap that is sure to be caught on tape. It's no longer about educating them about guns, it's about voting them out of office no matter what even if they are replaced by someone of similar views as the main message is "you vote for anti-2a you lose your job".

I think we need to start a SuperPAC whose express goal will be to get these guys out of office. I would gladly donate money to such an endeavor.

I sadly agree with this approach, and I'm happy to contribute to a PAC. Does anyone know how to set one up, and let's think it through to make sure the money isn't better spent with ANJPRC or NJ2AS

"I'm sorry we was unable to agree on the bills passed today, but please understand that I will make myself available to discuss my position on any of the bills. Please feel free to call my office at 201-536-7851..please note that I will not be in the office on Thursday, but if you leave your number I will return your call.

Respectfully

Asm. Charles Mainor"

I'm not sure what good calling him would be, but it feels like a challenge.

Can we request a meeting with a few of us? I doubt he'd agree, but what's the harm.

We need to be laser focused on: 1) why the bills make no sense, 2) why the bills will waste tax payer money, and 3) the litigation nightmare that these bills are going to rain down on the state.

Exactly - explain to the assembly and senate that these bills do nothing but WASTE TAXPAYER MONEY.

I sadly agree with this approach, and I'm happy to contribute to a PAC. Does anyone know how to set one up, and let's think it through to make sure the money isn't better spent with ANJPRC or NJ2AS

I think the money is best spent with NJ2AS. They have been doing an awesome job with this, especially teaming up with ANJPRC. Going to their offices and calling on the outside is also a great idea. They must feel the constant pressure and I'm sure they're not use to this. They're use to their comfy offices thinking they can do what they want. I wonder how much pressure they can take?