Sign in to follow this  
MeanderingCuban

Charles Manior do not trust his intentions. I warn you

Maybe I am wrong and I admit that I am a suspicious person by nature. However, the fact that Mainor is now reaching out to firearms owners makes me very suspicious that this is a ploy to soften people up so that there will be less protesting and opposition from us.

This man "missed" nothing from this past Meeting in Trenton. He directly disrespected everyone in that room. Do not be swayed by him or his committee, do not let your guard down for a second. Manior and his fellow DEMs hate us and there is no doubt about that. His attempts to "talk" with us is a Trojan horse. If we give him an inch the next thing we know all our firearms will be gone, we will be wearing olive colored military uniforms and chanting "Castro is, Yankees no" and required to listen to his committes speeches via loud speakers that have been installed everywhere. Mark my words I've lived this before.

I don't see what purpose this alleged hidden agenda could serve. I think that the disrespect in the room was mutual. He can still use the line that he "worked with gun owners to achieve some common ground" just as every other politician has in the past (*ahem* Mitt Romney).

If he's opening up more avenues for discussion we should take advantage of it, IMHO.

I dont trust politicians in general...and Liberal Democrats in particular, but this guy swallowed a lot of pride and reached out and was very contrite about it.....he seemed honest during discussion...admitted his differences of opinion....and did not talk down to me....

...course I cant say I accomplished anything....except that we had a mutually respectful conversation.......

...it doesnt hurt to get to know yer enemy...you might get good intel....just make sure you know where yer wallet is at all times.;D

I stand by what I've posted elsewhere. Don't become his coaching team. I suspect he's using up to practice his anti-gun debate skills. The more private debate, the better he's going to be able to counter when it matters.

Like I said, I want him and Cryan in a televised round table with Scott and Frank. He and Cryan are serious intellectual lightweights. They'll be curled into a fetal position by the end of that discussion.

SgtToadette... were you in the room. You have made mentioned now a few times that the disrespect was on both sides. I can tell you that I was amazed at his initial outbursts and complete lack of interest in what the opposition had to say. He earned my lack or respect right away.

That was one of the largest farces I have ever seen... and he was the ringmaster.

I dont trust politicians in general...and Liberal Democrats in particular, but this guy swallowed a lot of pride and reached out and was very contrite about it.....he seemed honest during discussion...admitted his differences of opinion....and did not talk down to me....

...course I cant say I accomplished anything....except that we had a mutually respectful conversation.......

...it doesnt hurt to get to know yer enemy...you might get good intel....just make sure you know where yer wallet is at all times.;D

I'm sure he was very contrite and seemed honest during the discussion and of course he would admit his differences of opinion. Nice ploy to get folks to let their guard down. He's just doing some CYA, so as another forum member stated , he can say that he had a conversation with gun owners.

SgtToadette... were you in the room. You have made mentioned now a few times that the disrespect was on both sides. I can tell you that I was amazed at his initial outbursts and complete lack of interest in what the opposition had to say. He earned my lack or respect right away.

That was one of the largest farces I have ever seen... and he was the ringmaster.

I was incredibly disheartened with some of his comments and found them to be totally out of line. I'm not suggesting otherwise. But there were a fair share of hecklers who made disrespectful comments of their own.

I can't help but get the feeling that we're being played. What possible motivation could he have for "reaching out" now. The time to do that was before he let the bills out of committee.

Closing the barn door after the horse is gone. Hate to be a cynic (but I'm old enough that I've earned it), but there has to be an ulterior motive.

JMHO - will be watching for further developments. Be careful.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I can't help but get the feeling that we're being played. What possible motivation could he have for "reaching out" now. The time to do that was before he let the bills out of committee.

Closing the barn door after the horse is gone. Hate to be a cynic (but I'm old enough that I've earned it), but there has to be an ulterior motive.

JMHO - will be watching for further developments. Be careful.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Same here Pizza Bob, this guy is just trying to play with us and see what most gun owners would be willing to accept without too much uproar. He can then say "I've spoken to numerous gun owners and they support this..this and this.." Do not support any of these Bills and do not give this guy a millimeter or slack.

Just do this - if you talk to him, record the call and upload it to youtube and then link it to facebook. Social media is a powerful tool. Having the very chairman of the committee admitting on tape that none of these laws will do anything to prevent any tragedy is... well, effective in taking down their argument(s).

Well, he is a cop. Why not meet him at the range for a group shoot and social and then go get a couple of beers and talk things over so we can find come common ground... oh, wait. Transportation laws. Nevermind.

Charles Manior is an ASSemblyman from antigun Hudson County.

He is behold to the antigun Hudson County Democrat Machine.......in order for him to have is political position, he needs to know his place....he's a simple pawn.

you actually think he cares what gun owners think?

If he comes out as soft on guns, or any less antigun then the rest of the Hudson County Machine, he's out next election cycle.

Please be smart in talking to him. Do not give an inch. He seems nice, but KNOW BETTER. He is part of an agenda and they want to take our guns.

Never give an inch. He actually asked me if I thought it would be a good idea to require new FID holders to go through gun training. I told him only if he would like to take a public speaking course before saying whats on his mind..I also reminded him they used to make black people in this country take a reading test before they could vote. He saw the paralels.

DOnt trust the man, he is part of an agenda and is trying to seem reasonable. Hes like a frat boy, nice guy, but will do what his brothers tell him behind your back.

Charles Manior is an ASSemblyman from antigun Hudson County.

He is behold to the antigun Hudson County Democrat Machine.......in order for him to have is political position, he needs to know his place....he's a simple pawn.

you actually think he cares what gun owners think?

If he comes out as soft on guns, or any less antigun then the rest of the Hudson County Machine, he's out next election cycle.

Ah man, now i'm even more embarrassed. I crew up in hudson county and this guy just had to be from Hudson County.

Well, he is a cop. Why not meet him at the range for a group shoot and social and then go get a couple of beers and talk things over so we can find come common ground... oh, wait. Transportation laws. Nevermind.

No, he isnt..he;s never BEEN a "Cop"...there IS a difference

Instinctively, I am not inclined to trust Mainor now. However, there are ~20 more Gun Control Bills that are in queue to head through the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee, and some of those are pretty damn onerous as intentioned and certainly as written... Frankly, I don't know what the best strategy is with him, but I do know there is need to reach out to all of those that will be voting on the Bills on the Floor this Thursday. Also take note that not everyone on the Committee voted in favor of the Bills Wednesday - Kean, Peterson, and Albano could maybe be swayed to oppose more than the couple good ones he did. The one that puzzles me is Republican McGuckin with choosing not to vote any of the Bills. For the Bills at hand, I say expend the energy on your District Assembly members and working to sway them, especially because the performance from last Wednesday has not gone over well with many in the Assembly...

I've said it before. Unless he is willing to work at recalling all of these bills for a real opportunity at "dialogue and conversation", there is nothing else to say.

Crapping all over the gun owners of NJ by ignoring our pleas for "reasonable conversation" by pushing flawed bills through the Committee, then apologizing and asking to speak afterwards is a pure political play unless these bills are recalled back to Committee.

As they say "It is easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission"

The worst case scenario is that Mainor gets to say in his speech to the Legislature that "he spoke with representatives of the NJ gun owning community" while he asks for some lame duck amendments to the already beyond repair flawed bills that they will be voting on this week. It will make him look like a man of the people that fixed his error, and reached out while crapping on us all over again.

I've said it before. Unless he is willing to work at recalling all of these bills for a real opportunity at "dialogue and conversation", there is nothing else to say.

Crapping all over the gun owners of NJ by ignoring our pleas for "reasonable conversation" by pushing flawed bills through the Committee, then apologizing and asking to speak afterwards is a pure political play unless these bills are recalled back to Committee.

As they say "It is easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission"

The worst case scenario is that Mainor gets to say in his speech to the Legislature that "he spoke with representatives of the NJ gun owning community" while he asks for some lame duck amendments to the already beyond repair flawed bills that they will be voting on this week. It will make him look like a man of the people that fixed his error, and reached out while crapping on us all over again.

Well put Dan, this is just a political ploy. We need to put pressure on Christie to veto these bills.

I have a question regrading the steps a bill needs to take. Now that the bills have been approved by the committee, do they go to Sweeny and then to Christie? If they have to get past Sweeny we need to put pressure on him as well. I'm sure he'll just let them go through as he is a DEM.

I have a question regrading the steps a bill needs to take. Now that the bills have been approved by the committee, do they go to Sweeny and then to Christie? If they have to get past Sweeny we need to put pressure on him as well. I'm sure he'll just let them go through as he is a DEM.

http://blog.nj.com/n...kfire_on_t.html

See the next-to-last paragraph in Paul Mulshine's column.

http://blog.nj.com/n...kfire_on_t.html

See the next-to-last paragraph in Paul Mulshine's column.

Thank you Bob222. From the Star Ledger:

"At the moment, the Senate president from South Jersey is more popular than the governor with many gun owners. That’s a real plus for any statewide ambitions he may hold. But when it comes to future ambitions, Christie’s could easily survive vetoing these bills. But could Sweeney’s ambitions survive if he passed this package?"

Guys he is a democrat but I think we need to put pressure on Sweeny, and lots of it. I am very passionate about my rights due to where I lived, Communist Cuba. I am not willing to let my rights be destroyed. My parents did not give up their lives and started from zero for me to sit by and allow these abuse of our rights. Please..please...please... call and write Sweeny's office Now and don't stop.

Thank you Bob222. From the Star Ledger:

"At the moment, the Senate president from South Jersey is more popular than the governor with many gun owners. That’s a real plus for any statewide ambitions he may hold. But when it comes to future ambitions, Christie’s could easily survive vetoing these bills. But could Sweeney’s ambitions survive if he passed this package?"

Guys he is a democrat but I think we need to put pressure on Sweeny, and lots of it. I am very passionate about my rights due to where I lived, Communist Cuba. I am not willing to let my rights be destroyed. My parents did not give up their lives and started from zero for me to sit by and allow these abuse of our rights. Please..please...please... call and write Sweeny's office Now and don't stop.

BASED UPON WHAT??? I LIVE in District 3, and I've gotten a response from Sweeney, and I can tell you that it is most certainly NOT pro-gun! It was more or less: thanks for your thoughts but guns do bad things and I'm not available to meet with you...