JaredC

how much is a sks worth?

July 2011 I purchased a Russian one with low miles on it for $350 plus nics, I shot in twice in 7 months and then sold it. Mine had the blue bolt which IIRC meant it was a refurb. I think the Russian (non-refurbs) were more sought after but don’t talk my word for that, please confirm if you are going to buy or sell. Looking back I should have kept it.

he wanted 500.... it was an unfired sks... mint teak wood... he said teak wood to us about 55 times... this was in pa... the gun was not nj compliant so we passed on it... it was all stock with grenade adapter and bayonnet about 16 inches long... had air craft sights on it too... beautiful gun but unfortuneatly me and my buddy cannot own it.... he also had 2 m1 carbines... 1 brand new never been fired and another mint one.... 2 m1 garands never been fired... he also has a enfield in 30-06 never fired minttt.... also visited guns and gold pawn shop and the lady wanted 100 bucks for a 325 pack of 22 lr remington golden bullets.... its was nuts... i really need to move to pa!!! lol

Around 400, russian ones usually command more, I prefer short chinese version (paratrooper), but think about this way, you are buying a combat proven, very reliable, robust semi auto firing a real cartridge that is one of the least expensive cartridges to buy for a rifle. There is a huge following for this gun and lots of aftermarket stuff. The last true bargain out there.

Did it have a detachable mag? Sounds like a yugo, i doubt it had a teak stock. Lots of them were imported a few years back, . Lots of us on here have yugo sks's, they are nj legal. Prices were creeping up before the panic, got mine for 350 unfired 3 years ago just before a big shiipment flooded the market and dropped prices below 300 briefly. Doesn't look like there will be any big shipments of unfireds incosmo anytime soon

he wanted 500.... it was an unfired sks... mint teak wood... he said teak wood to us about 55 times... this was in pa... the gun was not nj compliant so we passed on it... it was all stock with grenade adapter and bayonnet about 16 inches long... had air craft sights on it too... beautiful gun but unfortuneatly me and my buddy cannot own it.... he also had 2 m1 carbines... 1 brand new never been fired and another mint one.... 2 m1 garands never been fired... he also has a enfield in 30-06 never fired minttt.... also visited guns and gold pawn shop and the lady wanted 100 bucks for a 325 pack of 22 lr remington golden bullets.... its was nuts... i really need to move to pa!!! lol

the only SKS you cant have here are the detachable mag versions. if it had a fixed mag and took stripper clips, it can have a flash hider, folding stock, bayonet lug, etc, since it does not have A: pistol grip and B: detachable mag

Did it have a detachable mag? Sounds like a yugo, i doubt it had a teak stock. Lots of them were imported a few years back, . Lots of us on here have yugo sks's, they are nj legal. Prices were creeping up before the panic, got mine for 350 unfired 3 years ago just before a big shiipment flooded the market and dropped prices below 300 briefly. Doesn't look like there will be any big shipments of unfireds incosmo anytime soon

it did not have a detachable magazine... it was teak.. looked different then the other ones he had....

YYeeeaaahhh, maybe he bought all his stuff as 'unfired' from whoever he bought it from, but an unfired USGI M1 carbine? Either he's the luckiest guy in the world or he got gypped. The Yugo SKS,the M1 (there were a bunch that came back from Greece to CMP 2 or 3 years ago still in the US factory wrappings from the 1950s) even the Enfield I can believe, one of the members on here got an unfired SMLE. But a rebarrelled Enfield?Eh.

I still take the teak stock for Yugo anything with a grain of salt--see the below thread on Survivor's SKS boards. The teak stock rumor may have originated with Mitchell's, which if so, certainly means it's BS:

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=110416.msg1323428#msg1323428

YYeeeaaahhh, maybe he bought all his stuff as 'unfired' from whoever he bought it from, but an unfired USGI M1 carbine? Either he's the luckiest guy in the world or he got gypped. The Yugo SKS,the M1 (there were a bunch that came back from Greece to CMP 2 or 3 years ago still in the US factory wrappings from the 1950s) even the Enfield I can believe, one of the members on here got an unfired SMLE. But a rebarrelled Enfield?Eh.

I still take the teak stock for Yugo anything with a grain of salt--see the below thread on Survivor's SKS boards. The teak stock rumor may have originated with Mitchell's, which if so, certainly means it's BS:

http://www.sksboards...3428#msg1323428

hes owned them for 15 years... he wanted 3 grand for the m1 carbine never fired.... i would love to own that but its illegal in nj

SKS are C&R so if they're not the detachable mag kind and nothing's been changed, you can have all of that stuff. I have a Chicom SKS with the bayo and all still on it.... 100% legal.

I thought I read that the SKS'ssss are not C&R because the Chinese will not or do not keep manufacturing info and make it a nightmare to date them. Maybe just Chicom?

are they insane?

Yeah man, In. Mothertrucking. Sane. Also had a S&W M&P 15 Sport w/ a regular type EOTech on their for $3500. By my calc, its the $599 version of the rifle, and $599 version AT WORST for the reflex sight.. So $1200 lets make that $1500. HECK even $2000. Naw man, we want $3500 son!

Crazy.

Real true market value depends on the country of origin the year, arsenel and condition.

As far as not being NJ compliant, if it was all stock then it's legal here, panic prices have already dropped on

the sks in the last 2-3 weeks on the auction sites. Really nice Russiann examples are back to $450.00-$550.00.

A Yugo 59/66 A1 in mint condition is a $350.00 to $400.00 rifle at the most, they are not rare and still appear

be imported from time to time from places like Classic arms and Samco.

Sportsmans Center had two , $1400 and $1500 about 1 full month ago.

Used, nothing very special about them.

Sportsmans Center were selling SKS's for $1400 and $1500???? Man thats a sure I don't care if you ever come back FU..

And how much did he want for the alleged unfired Garands?

I wonder if he had General George Patton's ivory handled Colt .45 Peacemaker too..LOL

I'm sure if he did it would be unfired also.

And how much did he want for the alleged unfired Garands?

1500 for the unfired garand... 3000 for the 1 unfired carbine... he wanted 3000 for the unfired enfield chambered in 30.06 claiming it was some rare american one.... they were unfired and mint mint.. the sks is unfired as well he wanted 500 for that wouldnt take 460 from my friend... he has 2 huge cannonball safes that he had to stand on the bottom shelf to reach the top back of the shelves it was funny...

I wonder if he had General George Patton's ivory handled Colt .45 Peacemaker too..LOL

I'm sure if he did it would be unfired also.

it wasnt pattons and it was fired.... he had one of those... not for sale... one of those safes you wish you could take pictures of the stuff inside to play show and tell but you just cant do that in this hobby...

1500 for the unfired garand... 3000 for the 1 unfired carbine... he wanted 3000 for the unfired enfield chambered in 30.06 claiming it was some rare american one.... they were unfired and mint mint.. the sks is unfired as well he wanted 500 for that wouldnt take 460 from my friend... he has 2 huge cannonball safes that he had to stand on the bottom shelf to reach the top back of the shelves it was funny...

Stay away from this dealer.....he's a fraud. Unfired Garands sell for $8-$10K. No way he would sell one for $1500.

Stay away from this dealer.....he's a fraud. Unfired Garands sell for $8-$10K. No way he would sell one for $1500.

this is not a dealer... its my friends uncles best friend from childhood... the guys got a lot of toys including speed boats.. quads.. etc.. he is almost 70... doesnt need or want them anymore except for his .22 rifle because he only enjoys shooting that... as far as the sks's he bought 5 of them 15+ years ago... if unfired garands sell for 8-10k what does a unfired m1 carbine sell for?!?!????

I'm telling you, now in all fairness it was over a month ago now, so I have no idea what they have now. There was two of them, when I say I seen it for $1500 I thought they added a zero accidentially. Then I saw the $3500 M&P15 Sport w/ an EoTech. I realized what was going on. It's called, "You suck and we hate you -- so we're gonna try to gouge the sheit outta you."

And the problem is, the store up the street is soooo entirely dooshbaggerific , I would LOVE to be able to do all my shopping at Sportsmans but. How can you justify that type of stuff? Hey do what you gotta do but don't expect me to abide that shtuff.