Little Red Rooster

ammo debacle is getting annoying..

On Saturday morning I took my G19 and my brand new Ruger Vaquero .357 to Bullet Hole for some range time with my buddy.

We waited in line, then at register "how long?" - we said an hour lane and we need ammo. They told us they could only sell 1 box of 9mm for our shared port. My friend had one box of 50 he brought, so the one we bought gave us 100 total of 9mm. Whatever.

I then asked for 38 special or 357 magnum for my new gun. They said they had NONE of either.... So I said an hour of lane time with only 100 rounds probably wouldnt last long. They said come back after you've shot it.

So in 20 mins we blasted through all the 9mm using the G19 and my friends P38. I asked to buy another box as we had 30 min plus of range time left. He told us sorry, NO, he couldn't do anything. After insisting how absurd his idea was that we just sit there with no ammo or leave after paying, we convinced him to at least creidt us back the half hour of remaining range time.

Blah blah blah...it really sucks that I was unable to shoot my new pistol and that we couldn't buy ammo to actually shoot. The point of my post is where are people finding 38spl, 357mag, 45ACP or 9mm online? Or in stores in Hudson or Morris county?

Would love to be able to shoot the new Ruger this week or weekend.

Online is a nightmare...best bet is to find some brick and mortar places that have some in stock. Most will have limits, sure, but come back every day for a while!

I got 4 boxes of 9mm at Banger's (South Jersey Shooting Club) for ~$16/box of 50. Not bad these days.

I have had just ok luck with online. Have had ok results with Palmetto and Cabelas. Problem is, you have to get your order in shortly after it appears on the site or its all sold out. Personally I have not had great results fiding ammo locally. Either sold out or only have the $$$ high end stuff. It will get better... we just have to sit tight.

Yeah, as of right now it seems it went from "none" to "very little". Not counting on continued improvement, but at least I can order something now. However long it takes, I bet .223 will be the last to come back

I know that i have taken the morning off work and gone to dicks on mondays and Thursdays when they get shipments in. Its hard to handgun ammo but its around in small amounts. I dont want to pay the premium for someone to sell it aftermarket. So i just always keep an eye out and an ear to the ground.

Yeah, as of right now it seems it went from "none" to "very little". Not counting on continued improvement, but at least I can order something now. However long it takes, I bet .223 will be the last to come back

223 is easy its around but most popular handgun rounds are hard to come across. Along with nato rifle round

Where is it easy to get 223? I too have been wondering where people are getting there 9mm from. The only 9mm I got in the last few weeks was 3 boxes of american eagle from dick's. Other than that, I haven't found any 223 or 9 for a reasonable price. For me it's come down to calling all my local dick's almost every weekday morning to see what came on the truck.

Online is a nightmare...best bet is to find some brick and mortar places that have some in stock. Most will have limits, sure, but come back every day for a while!

I got 4 boxes of 9mm at Banger's (South Jersey Shooting Club) for ~$16/box of 50. Not bad these days.

a bit off topic.....how do you like that range? i was thinking of checking them out when i get my garand, and my 1903.......

also...do they happen to have 45acp in stock there?

Where is it easy to get 223? I too have been wondering where people are getting there 9mm from. The only 9mm I got in the last few weeks was 3 boxes of american eagle from dick's. Other than that, I haven't found any 223 or 9 for a reasonable price. For me it's come down to calling all my local dick's almost every weekday morning to see what came on the truck.

You need to drive to Cabellas or stalk the local shops but its around. Cabellas has a 10 box limit for 223,556,9mm,40.. (Of each) they have a steady supply of PMC coming in. I am not worried about 223 its the 556 nato and 9mm and 40 that will be harder to get.. With DHS buying 147 Billion rounds of these popular rounds over the next 3ish years.

I've had luck online by using the sites that will give you a notification when they get stuff in. You have to hop on it when you get the notice before they're out again, but if you're willing to do that you can get what you want.

Last time I went to Cabelas in Hamburg, the shelves were bare for handgun ammo. I think you could find 38spl though.

There are AE 223 rounds but very expensive. I would try the local stores. The local store in PA near my brother in law had tons of ammo around at cheaper prices. Even the local Walmart by my brother in law was stripped bare of ammo.

I was told that Dicks gets their stuff on Thursdays. They get different things each time but they go quickly. One time my buddy went, they had the 6 plastic cans of the Blazer brass 9mm (350 rds) in stock. My buddy was able to get 1 and another guy there purchased 1. The next guy bought the remaining and pretty much the rest of the store out. Stuff does not last long there. You can also call as they sometimes are willing to hold stuff for you.

It depends on the Dick's actual store location as to when they get shipments. I know here in West Windsor they get shipments on Tues/Thurs. but right across the bridge in Oxford Valley they get shipments on Wednesday. So it seems like they can all get shipments on different days so call your local. I picked up 3 boxes recently from Dick's of AE 9mm but I wasn't happy to pay $19.99/box.

I was @ cabelas at opening this past saturday and ZIP Zilch.....just random cals and 7.62x39 herters @7.50

No 9mm or 223/556

Same last friday and the 2 sundays before that. Some 45acp , 10mm and a lot of 7.62x39 ........

Tons of nagant revolver ammo and 45GAP

...........i did get the last box of 7.62Tokarev though:)

I stopped by Bullet Hole last night but you could only buy ammo if you were getting range time..... Two weeks ago when I picked up my Glock 24 I could not take it to the range then and there because they had no -40. So that means new pistol owners can't even get ammo for their new pistols. Also is it me or are they getting snarky as hell there? I can't see spending my money to purchase another fire arm there. I usually ask a lot of questions. No reason to be an asshole though.

I stopped by Bullet Hole last night but you could only buy ammo if you were getting range time..... Two weeks ago when I picked up my Glock 24 I could not take it to the range then and there because they had no -40. So that means new pistol owners can't even get ammo for their new pistols. Also is it me or are they getting snarky as hell there? I can't see spending my money to purchase another fire arm there. I usually ask a lot of questions. No reason to be an asshole though.
hence why i went once and never again. I have my place

They were already pretty cranky people to begin with and now I'm sure they're getting 10x the amount of phone calls and questions from new shooters per day.

What I will say about Bullet Hole is they're definitely way on our side with rallies and what not. For that alone they're worth supporting.