Barms

Woodland Park Range

I was there last week for 2 FFL transfers. Charle did an awesome job and kept on apologizing on the wait for NICS even though it wasn't his fault. Can't think of a time I had a bad experience at this range.

I agree I was shooting Saturday afternoon and they were sweeping .223 brass in my direction! Great buncha guys can't stress it enough.

I was there 2 weeks ago and the RO asked me right off the bat if I was collecting brass.

Heading over on Saturday morning. A couple buddies are coming up from South Jersey if anyone is going to be there would love to introduce myself. 

Be there at 8am when they open, or else you may have a tough time parking!  Last Saturday it was nuts by 9am.  The wait for ports wasn't bad at all, but multiple events in the classroom can really fill up the parking lot.

Be there at 8am when they open, or else you may have a tough time parking!  Last Saturday it was nuts by 9am.  The wait for ports wasn't bad at all, but multiple events in the classroom can really fill up the parking lot.

Last week I went down by them at Shore Shot with the non-fringable ammo rape (27 a box) and the two weekends before that I came here and was the first one at the door at 8am and was great walked right in got my range time and was out by 9:15. I don't know if these guys are going to come that early lol they have an hour drive. 

Anthony already know that I'm a huge fan of the range and his staff.  However today I brought a really good friend and his buddy.  To say that they are impressed would be a serious understatement.  We got there around 11:30.  They filled out their first timer paperwork and we secured a port in the 50.  Close to an hour later, we got in.  Had a snack at the café in the meantime and I guess that the screen showing who was up in the que wasn't working in there as one of the receptionists headed over and let us know that it was our time. 

My friends are from Long Island.  They were giggling like schoolkids at being "allowed" to 1.) shoot handguns and 2.) shoot zombie targets (no human shaped targets are allowed in NY apparently).    I think that they dropped about 200 buck on rentals and ammo and at one point my friend came in with a 50 Desert Eagle.  Expensive but worth it as a one time thing.  We actually wound up staying in there for 2 hours.  The staff was amazing, particularly Ken and Keith.  Both are great gents and super friendly. So GFH has 2 more fans although they do live a bit away. 

Thanks again to the GFH staff. 

I picked up my new lever action PW87 shotgun on Friday with GFH's fantastic $20 transfers, and since I was coming from work rented a Sig 226 which I heard so much about but never shot.  Very nice gun, but not so different from other 9mm's I have so probably no need to buy one.

BACK TO THE RANGE Saturday morning, shot for another hour starting around 8am!

Twice in a weekend is a good time.

I shot there from 5:30pm to 6:30pm tonight, and it was great.  Only about 6 ports full at the most, although the whole place had a lot of people moving around and things happening.

Taking my NRA Pistol Instructor course on Sunday, so I'll be there a looooong time....

Went there for the first time last night with my brother in law. I liked the port sizes, the lighting and the pleasant atmosphere. Great experience for a first time shooter. I even got to meet Mr. Colandro who checked on our experience.

Well I just want to add my review to this thread. I went there Saturday at lunch time, walked in did my first time paperwork in about 10 minutes then headed back to the range desk was helped quickly and nicely. There was about a 30 minute wait no biggie went and had lunch at the cafe. Good sandwich and tv to watch. When I was done my port was ready for me to go shooting. The RSO's were polite and just as helpful. As I left Anthony apologized for the wait , and I thanked him for the great place. I will be back and may even rent a gun or two.

Well I just want to add my review to this thread. I went there Saturday at lunch time, walked in did my first time paperwork in about 10 minutes then headed back to the range desk was helped quickly and nicely. There was about a 30 minute wait no biggie went and had lunch at the cafe. Good sandwich and tv to watch. When I was done my port was ready for me to go shooting. The RSO's were polite and just as helpful. As I left Anthony apologized for the wait , and I thanked him for the great place. I will be back and may even rent a gun or two.

If you go on a weeknight there's literally no one there. I had the 50 yd range all to myself a couple weeks ago.

GFH range was my first time experience at any range (except for my NRA basic pistol training at North Bergen place).   It is a very clean, professional place that made a new bee to guns feel less intimidated.  I got a basic walk through on how to use the buttons at the 25yrd range.   It was a great experience.   Of course, I didn't bring enough ammo so I stepped out and bought some at the counter.  Unfortunately, I was sold a south Korean brand for $30 that jammed up a bit in my G19Gen4.  Pretty high markup but I figure that's how they make money. 

Unfortunately, I was sold a south Korean brand for $30 that jammed up a bit in my G19Gen4.  Pretty high markup but I figure that's how they make money. 

If you are referring to PMC, that's top notch ammo.  

Also, G19 Gen 4's pretty much jam up themselves.  Have you replaced all the parts Glock is telling PD's to replace?

thanks for the advise.

No, I didn't replace any of the parts.  I bought the gun in 12/2013 and it was assembled in 11/2013.

The jam occurred when loading the 9mm bullet into the chamber and it only occurred once.  I figure the south Korean standards are not as great so I will stick to American ammo.

I did not encounter this problem again with the PMC and any other brand that I used.

I found a thread discussing Gen 4 jamming issues but it seems that it used to be happening during the ejection.

if you have any links to a gen4 issues discussion in njgunforums.com, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.