Sign in to follow this  
dbldune

Ammo at Dick's

Well the usual group of "Gun Nuts" showed up today to wipe out the supply of ammo. Scored some 223, 5.56, and 22lr. Nice bunch of guys and a fair amount of laughter!

See the brothers next week.

Eric, will have an ammo box or two for you next week.

Rich

I tried brick store but psycho loser hoarders camp the store and by it all up when they open. Pricks....

Yea, because only hoarders are in need of ammo :rolleyes: .....not everyone waiting is hoarding ammo. I have friends that have waited for dicks to open only to get inside and find that they didn't get their caliber in that delivery.....it's tough times right now.

I, on the other hand, have bajillions of rounds.....and I hoard

Yea, because only hoarders are in need of ammo :rolleyes: .....not everyone waiting is hoarding ammo. I have friends that have waited for dicks to open only to get inside and find that they didn't get their caliber in that delivery.....it's tough times right now.

I, on the other hand, have bajillions of rounds.....and I hoard

I got 10 bricks of match ammo right at the start of the panic and have stopped buying. It's enough to get me through any reasonable shortage, and for Christ's sake, you can buy .22 LR in England. A .22 ban is the least realistic of our worries.

Once things settle down, I will never again be without 5k .22 and 1k for each caliber/gage I own. And I'm going to start reloading. This dark period has permanently altered my perception of this country and its leaders. I was asleep before, now I'm awake.

Woodbridge claims to get deliveries every Tuesday and Thursday and highly suggest you call ahead to make sure they got your ammo on the sleves. Every time I call or go there, by noon they are either out of stock or never got any in.

For some reason the store in Springfield\Union has not been getting ammo. The manager said that corporate is deciding whether or not to remove the gun department the way it did on route 10. So go the way of the fear mongers.

Another reason for the shortage is the D.H.S. ordered 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammo in Feb. Hollow points and all of the other good stuff. The article says that it is enough for many years of war. One interesting fact is that most of it is non Nato rounds. Guess they plan on using it on the US Civilians.

Another reason for the shortage is the D.H.S. ordered 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammo in Feb. Hollow points and all of the other good stuff. The article says that it is enough for many years of war. One interesting fact is that most of it is non Nato rounds. Guess they plan on using it on the US Civilians.

Put the brakes on right there dude. Go research the many conversations had about that already. 1.6 billion is a lot for YOU, but imagine having another 70,000+ of YOU also shooting and qualifying... NATO has nothing to do with it.

Put the brakes on right there dude. Go research the many conversations had about that already. 1.6 billion is a lot for YOU, but imagine having another 70,000+ of YOU also shooting and qualifying... NATO has nothing to do with it.

The fact that the rounds are NON NATO have everything to do with it. Perhaps you can explain why the DHS needs hollow point rounds for domestic use?

The fact that the rounds are NON NATO have everything to do with it. Perhaps you can explain why the DHS needs hollow point rounds for domestic use?

They practice with their carryammo. At that level of orders it costs the same FMJ or HP.

For the last time.....procurement contracts run over an extend period of time....and 1.6 billion over a few years doesnt mean they bough the rounds in one lot.

Go look at the various threads about this before rehashing this story over and over again.

They practice with their carryammo. At that level of orders it costs the same FMJ or HP.

For the last time.....procurement contracts run over an extend period of time....and 1.6 billion over a few years doesnt mean they bough the rounds in one lot.

Go look at the various threads about this before rehashing this story over and over again.

This x10.... Damn this is getting old