Tallday

Is everyone over buying the popular rounds for no need?

Midway does not ship pistol calibers to NJ as far as I recall, correct?

I don't know for sure as I never ordered it from them but I emailed them about it. Their reply:

Thank you for your email. Yes, we will ship ammunition to NJ if we have your Firearms Purchaser Identification Card. You can email that to [email protected]

We will email you back when we have processed your request.

I buy what ever popular ammo I can get even if I don't have the gun for it...

Sounds like a jerk move but money dosnt buy ammo right now, ammo buys ammo..

Guys I spent a lot of years buying and selling sticks and this is no different.. Everything will settle down sooner or later just sux that its prob gonna be a lil later

People have that "want what they can't have" factor going on right now... It's that drive to obtain the unobtainable!

Once we all realize were sitting on more ammo we would ever need there will be complete and total capitulation in the mo market and guys will be tripping over each other to unload their over priced Ammo/guns...

It's a market, all volatile markets work the same and this right now is a very volatile market

I buy what ever popular ammo I can get even if I don't have the gun for it...

Sounds like a jerk move but money dosnt buy ammo right now, ammo buys ammo..

Guys I spent a lot of years buying and selling sticks and this is no different.. Everything will settle down sooner or later just sux that its prob gonna be a lil later

People have that "want what they can't have" factor going on right now... It's that drive to obtain the unobtainable!

Once we all realize were sitting on more ammo we would ever need there will be complete and total capitulation in the mo market and guys will be tripping over each other to unload their over priced Ammo/guns...

It's a market, all volatile markets work the same and this right now is a very volatile market

All the power to ya my man ..but for the life if me I cant figure out why people buy ammo for guns they dont have..so figuring new shooters, hoarders, profiteers, goverment and now folks buying ammo they cant use..we have a goat screw of a market

All the power to ya my man ..but for the life if me I cant figure out why people buy ammo for guns they dont have..so figuring new shooters, hoarders, profiteers, goverment and now folks buying ammo they cant use..we have a goat screw of a market

I jus explained why you buy ammo for guns you don't have

It's actually a win win for more than just urself because u have to figure that I am grabbing a popular ammo at a "decent price" that say you couldn't get because u just weren't online at the time..

Now you have the ammo I want and I have the ammo you want and bam! I basically just got a total stranger a deal I found online ;)

I jus explained why you buy ammo for guns you don't have

It's actually a win win for more than just urself because u have to figure that I am grabbing a popular ammo at a "decent price" that say you couldn't get because u just weren't online at the time..

Now you have the ammo I want and I have the ammo you want and bam! I basically just got a total stranger a deal I found online ;)

Sounds good but doesnt help someone who doesnt have any ammo to trade.. Which is a large contingent of shooters nowadays..

http://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo

Recent "deals" have gone up between 20 - 30%

That has nothing to do with manufacturing cost, that is retail cost. Last year, prices went up on components because of material cost... and it will again due to the shortage and demand of materials.... Those "deals" are not pricing from manufactures, cost has remained the same through all of this panic, retail is a different story... I don't like the type of capitalism that has taken place thus far, the middle man has been literally doubling profits based on demand, IMHO if anyone should be coming out on top its the manufactures, but then that screws the nice guys who sell at msrp. So the option is to look for the nice guys, OR buy in a bidders market.

I haven't spent a dime with the rediculous prices! But I still managed to get my hands on the ammo that people are lusting over for. To keep it simple, trade for it! Somebody is always willing to trade!

I will trading soon, so look out for my WTT thread!

But if you want current prices trade, I can play that game too!

Sounds good but doesnt help someone who doesnt have any ammo to trade.. Which is a large contingent of shooters nowadays..

It's a bulls market man, i bought a couple k rounds of 9 45 .223 the day after obama was re-elected. Paid about 10% more then i would have if i ordered a month earlier, but when i called the guy said they had nothing! shipment was coming in the next day... i got really lucky but was also persistent. I have many e-mail notifications for mags and other hard to find items, or limited quantity orders for things i have absolutely no need for or are extra's, all things i can trade when i find something i might actually want that is FS. I keep with places like midway, who haven't really increased pricing on much at all, if u were a d-bag you could make a good profit doing this right now. Like i need px4 compact 15rd mags, can't find them ANYWHERE... so if someone is selling or trading some, i would easily offer up ammo.

I agree with the OP that panic buying is definitely exacerbating the ammo shortage. It's similar or what happened with gasoline after Sandy.

I guess I'm fortunate, in that I was an inadvertent ammo prepper. Whenever I saw a decent deal on ammo last year, I grabbed some, even though I didn't think I really needed it. I didn't hurt anyone, because it was plentiful at the time. And of course now I'm quite glad I did. Obviously, I can't hold out indefinitely, but I should be OK for a few months.

Might I make a suggestion to my NJGF brethren? With the money you are unable to spend on ammo, put aside a reserve of food. If things can get so crazy over ammo and gas, just think about what it will be like when food is in short supply. And folks, IMHO it's not a question of IF, but WHEN.

Well I have bought more than I need right now for a good reason. It is much cheaper to buy it online than in-person and our idiots in Trenton are looking to take away that option. So, when I see a "Good" price I buy it, as I know I will use it and it will only be more expensive when our legislators screw us over.

exactly

well that part there is a whole different animal..

that person, if it was me, would not be shooting for hobby.. i would buy some overpriced HD rounds and make sure me and my family where safe.. at that point in time $1.00 per RD for 9mm HP sounds pretty stinkin good huh..

but that demonstrates even more what this craze is about.. if you just turned off your computer and came back in 6 months its would be a hell of a lot less stressful..

jus give up the hobby for 6 months and come back lol

bet u would save a bunch of money lol, that is the human factor in all of this mess... we are the driving component! we WANT something and will not take no for an answer! although i do see hoarding ammo and having your own little mini depot not too bad of a thing right now.. more justified now than ever right..

I would never give up shooting. At least not the muscle memory of it. I spend my nights watching tv and "shooting" moving targets on the screen. Dry firing helps keep you sharp without using too much ammo. Usually after the first shot there's nothing left on the screen to shoot though.

I would never give up shooting. At least not the muscle memory of it. I spend my nights watching tv and "shooting" moving targets on the screen. Dry firing helps keep you sharp without using too much ammo. Usually after the first shot there's nothing left on the screen to shoot though.

the cost of TV's has completely out weighed the ammo factor for me as well

relax, there are some on here who will defend speculation and price gouging. they consider ammo optional & not a necessity. hence, not subject to regulation & rationing.

you know, free markets at its best? invisible hand? survivial of the fittest?

What is the alternative? Do you want our government to set prices...the very same government who wants to restrict us to begin with? I'm all for an alternative to the free market. Do you have one?

I spend my nights watching tv and "shooting" moving targets on the screen. Dry firing helps keep you sharp without using too much ammo. Usually after the first shot there's nothing left on the screen to shoot though.

1. What shows would you recommend for dry-fire target practice.

2. When you say "without using too much ammo" do you mean you occasionally DO fire live ammo at the television set?

(Just kidding, man -couldn't resist :D )

People are funny like that. We want things that are hard to get. Probably has to do with our hunting instinct. Same thing happens with popular xmas toys that are in short supply. People will pay twice as much and stand in line for hours to get it even though it is not a great toy. DeBeers controls the amount of diamonds on the market to keep the prices high and supply low. We just love to buy things that cost more than they should because they are hard to get. Human nature. Then there are those who really have no idea of what is going on with gun control and think that all guns will soon be banned and rush out and buy anything they can find. I cannot even find a decent revolver around here and they are not affected by any of the proposed gun control bills. Men want to feel as they are the protectors of their family and a big part of that is weapons. Even though the liberals try to deny our human nature, we are still controlled by it; perhaps some more than others.

Well I have bought more than I need right now for a good reason. It is much cheaper to buy it online than in-person and our idiots in Trenton are looking to take away that option. So, when I see a "Good" price I buy it, as I know I will use it and it will only be more expensive when our legislators screw us over.

+1

1. What shows would you recommend for dry-fire target practice. HONEY BOO BOO. LOTS OF MONSTERS IN THAT SHOW.

2. When you say "without using too much ammo" do you mean you occasionally DO fire live ammo at the television set? JUST KIDDING.

(Just kidding, man -couldn't resist :D )

I was kind of lucky in a way. I was injured at work last July. My shooting days were at the time over but my shopping for a good deal continued till things went crazy in December.

I still shop for a good deal and won't spend no more than 16 bucks a box of 50 for 9mm and .22lr is almost impossible to find at a good price but 20 to 30 bucks for 525 rounds is the limit. I went back to work on light duty this past February sitting in front of a computer. Now my new friend is gunbot.com and have time to keep an eye out for the good deal while i work . It has worked out well for me and some shooters at work also. I'll buy when price is low and get what ever the limit the seller has and share with my co-workers at the price the ammo is purchased at.

The one thing we won't do is pay the crazy amounts of money others are asking for so can my friends and i be called "ammo hoarders"? I don't know. I don't think so.

If the people would stop paying the crazy prices retailers should have to lower the prices to get rid of the ammo. As stated in another post many new firearms owners that did not know a box of 9 was $10 a box of before and are the suckers paying the crazy prices.

There is no reason for most people in this country to be over buying or hoarding ammo. No laws will be passed to affect people in free states. But for us who live in commie states , we are facing a real possibility of the banning of online sales. And that's what gets me. I just wanna buy some ammo to go to the range with and to try and stock up on and I can't since so many people who don't need it are buying it. There's too many losers out there who sit at there computer all day and buy up all the ammo as soon as it becomes available. I have no problem with people from jersey buying whatever they can. It's the people out there who don't need that are the problem.

The free states and "ammo flippers" need to stop buying up the supply , and let us behind enemy lines get a chance to stock up!

But yea, really, I'm starting to get nervous especially when my normal bullet head manufacturer is saying there is a 1.5 year waiting list for 9mm 124gr JHP's.