Nikos

Connecticut legislators trample 2nd Amendment

The proposal also called for background checks for private gun sales and a new registry for existing magazines that carry 10 or more bullets, something of a compromise for parents of Newtown victims who had wanted an outright ban on them, while legislators had proposed grandfathering them into the law.

Looks like many states are joining the excessive, non-effective, feel good law marathon. Can't wait to see what happens to us.

Blood pressure increasing link below:

http://abcnews.go.co...30#.UVoJgY59-3o

The usual suspects: CT, NJ, NY, MD, CA, HI, IL, MA, and now CO (Although I expect major backlash and job losses come election time in CO).

The good news is there are still 41 pro gun states left to move to.

i wouldn't speak so soon, DE is trying to pass some BS as well...

CT and NY are real close to NJ so I would be worried if I still lived up there. What I love about Florida, besides our great weather and lack of City and State income taxes is that even despite the national focus on us after the Zimmerman shooting we refused to change our Stand Your Ground law and no one talks about gun control. In fact it is refreshing to see billboards line the highways and ads in the major newspapers advertising, Guns, Guns, Guns. :) I am proud to be a southerner, you'se all!

and now CO (Although I expect major backlash and job losses come election time in CO).

I don't think so.

Colorado is basically California now, which is how they managed to pass all of this crap in the first place. I knew things were heading downhill when they passed the marijuana bill, although I'm not really against ending the silly war on drugs, but this is a tell tale sign that the Californication is past the point of no return.

Republicans cave in, again. Why should I vote for that party again? They are WEAK SISSIES! If Christie does not veto anything anti-2A that comes out of the NJ Senate, then I am 10000% done with the Republican Party, in NJ and nationally. End of story.

I also hear that Newtown feels betrayed by this law because they wanted a TOTAL ban of "assault weapons" and hi cap mags.

If that stuff had been passed into law before Adam Lanza's massacre, would it have made any difference at all? I don't see how.

Republicans cave in, again. Why should I vote for that party again? They are WEAK SISSIES! If Christie does not veto anything anti-2A that comes out of the NJ Senate, then I am 10000% done with the Republican Party, in NJ and nationally. End of story.

I don't think we are a bigpart of the equation -- but primary voters in Arizona, Texas and Louisiana are.

....that's why I think he's waiting for Sweeney's move before we hear from his "NJ Safe" task force report. If Chris Christie doesn't veto any anti-2A stuff that manages to make its way through the NJ Senate, he's gone with the red state Republican voters. He needs to be able to present an alternative that makes more sense that the one that the gun-grabbers are selling.

I don't think he wants to spend the rest of his life as CEO of a law firm or president of a second-tier New Jersey liberal arts college. He's a smart lawyer and politician, so that's my hope, anyway. If New Jersey falls, there is absolutely no hope for the 10 dark blue states, until they all end up looking like Camden.

(BTW, if I could buy a 30 round mag here, I'd be glad to register it with the state!)

When I woke up this morning, I had to decide between walking around with a pit in my stomach all day or not. So, I decided to drink lots of coffee and came up with this Pollyanna theory.

I think this is a good thing. If the wording is correctly reported, it bans 10 round magazines ("10 or more...") between that and the one characteristic test, I think it's on very shaky Constitutional ground. Between this and the NY Safe Act, I see a consolidated case barreling toward SCOTUS, and we've heard that Scalia is waiting with open arms.

Now, look at the "membership" section in the link below. Notice those hale and lovely gentlewomen on the bottom? They will be there for a long time to come, and we may not see another 5-4 pro-gun SCOTUS in our lifetime. So, let's get CCW and AWB in front of them ASAP. I think we can win this. Once we lose Scalia, we may be in for a long night. I am not religious, but if I were, I would literally pray for Scalia's health every night. What an f'ed up political system we have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Us_supreme_court

so vote DEM..that is what you are doing.

I love when people take that posture because they in effectivly ensure DMS in the power positions....which makes it worse.

Don't vote my way? i will shoot my foot despite myself.

and people wonder why .....

So the alternative is to continue to vote for a party that fails in protecting the majority of your values and beliefs? This is why the two party system sucks and continues to fail our country. You should not pick the lesser of two evils, you should choose a candidate(s) that aligns closest to your own beliefs. I really am getting tired of hearing of "A vote for a third party is a vote for dems" That logic is flawed and those advocating it are creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

Two candidates running against each other just create one side or the other. Give me more variety to pick someone that I want in office, not one I have to settle for.

Why should i vote for a party that gives up? Plenty of other 3rd party people to vote for. I love how idiots claim that not voting for a bunch of principle challenged dopes is equal to voting for some communist lib or something. Go worship rinos if you like i am going to vote tea party or conservative or write in mister fncking ed if christie wimps out

We are between a rock and a hard place but I think the Republican party is way too secure in thinking they have our vote guaranteed because they are the lesser of two evils.

BUt the place to send a message is not in a general election, it is in a PRIMARY.

Do we really want another Corzine or McGreevey in office? Instead of 10 rounds we'll be staring down 5, or 1. Instead of one gun a month we may be looking at one gun a YEAR.

It could be worse but we need to start EARLY before the bad candidates reach the general.