JrzyGuy30

Ny man loses gun license because of son talking guns in school

This is getting way out of hand... Are our children soon going to be all banned from mentioning anything about second amendment supporters because the state may take away their firearms??

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/04/n-y-dads-pistol-license-suspended-over-something-his-10-year-old-son-said-and-it-could-be-8-years-before-he-gets-it-back/

Thank God I don't have kids, because I'd end up in jail, one way or another. Teachers SUCK. Public schools SUCK. And don't bother starting in with "ALL teachers don't suck".... in the case of teachers (and I have 2 in my direct family) it's not a matter of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, it's a matter of a STINKING ROTTEN BUNCH with a few good ones in there. Ditto for public schools.

The Taliban is starting to sound good compared to what the government of NY does. This is a total farce and he should sue the school district, the police, and anyone else involved in violating his rights.

Thank God I don't have kids, because I'd end up in jail, one way or another. Teachers SUCK. Public schools SUCK. And don't bother starting in with "ALL teachers don't suck".... in the case of teachers (and I have 2 in my direct family) it's not a matter of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, it's a matter of a STINKING ROTTEN BUNCH with a few good ones in there. Ditto for public schools.

ON BEHALF OF A GREAT MANY QUALITY PROFESSIONALS IN THIS STATE...... F U

Yeah, man. I'm a teacher. I don't have an exaggerated opinion of myself, but I also haven't yet come to the conclusion that I suck.

Right back at ya Daveyboy

And besides- I said there are a FEW good apples in the bunch. 'Spose you're one of them. (you too IronPriest)

OH- and your UNION SUCKS and needs to be KILLED. And I come from a union family. When are you guys gonna realize your union is your own worst enemy?

It is a discrace that this sort of Naziism goes on in america...Yes, let's call it for what it is...It is too bad that the cops don't stand up and do the right think either (refuse to inforce, like they are doing in so many towns)...I hope he has a top notch lawyer to get his rights back...Or get Christi after him (like he is doing for the boy w/scary rifle on facebook incident of our fellow NJGFer).

This could have very easily been me. 2 weeks ago I get a call from the school that my 11 year old son and 2 older boys made an inappropriate video. One of the older boys put it up on youtube. My son was the star of the video. He was acting all tough and gangstery, talking about very inappropriate things and mentioned an AK-47. My wife & I went in to talk to principal. A cop was there taking a report.

Long story short, my son was suspended for a week. And given a stern warning from the cop and principal. I do not question the suspension, zero tolerance means zero tolerance. But I did have legitimate fears that cops would show up to "inspect" my guns. And that the dyfs gestapo would show up with armed cops.

My fear was the police report. In it, the cop says I denied to the principal that I owned guns. That never happened. The principal said it was " none of his business if I owned guns or not, but he hoped if I did, they were locked up". I called the juvenile detective to clarify, but he has not returned my call, 2.5 weeks later. I think this event is no longer a priority, but it is scary that anything my kid says or does could really, really jam me up.

My son is an A student, perfect scores on NJASK tests and generally a very sweet boy. He was trying to impress 2 older boys, who encouraged him to say the things he did. He made a bad choice. We think it was very good for him to learn this lesson at 11, instead of 16.

This could have very easily been me. 2 weeks ago I get a call from the school that my 11 year old son and 2 older boys made an inappropriate video. One of the older boys put it up on youtube. My son was the star of the video. He was acting all tough and gangstery, talking about very inappropriate things and mentioned an AK-47. My wife & I went in to talk to principal. A cop was there taking a report.

Long story short, my son was suspended for a week. And given a stern warning from the cop and principal. I do not question the suspension, zero tolerance means zero tolerance. But I did have legitimate fears that cops would show up to "inspect" my guns. And that the dyfs gestapo would show up with armed cops.

My fear was the police report. In it, the cop says I denied to the principal that I owned guns. That never happened. The principal said it was " none of his business if I owned guns or not, but he hoped if I did, they were locked up". I called the juvenile detective to clarify, but he has not returned my call, 2.5 weeks later. I think this event is no longer a priority, but it is scary that anything my kid says or does could really, really jam me up.

My son is an A student, perfect scores on NJASK tests and generally a very sweet boy. He was trying to impress 2 older boys, who encouraged him to say the things he did. He made a bad choice. We think it was very good for him to learn this lesson at 11, instead of 16.

It is scary...Ahame what is going on in our beloved country...I guess the best think any of us can do is befreind a top notch lawyer.

I have four grade school age kids and I frequently remind them in my serious daddy voice that they are never allowed to tell anyone that we have guns. also they are not allowed to draw guns or to talk about them in school. As an aside, my father was a NYC Police Officer and I got the same speech from him when I was little, but with my father, I believe it was a security issue and not a political correctness issue.

Fred

Guess the first ammendment is up for grabs as well...

This is almost more scary....

Dajonga, was the video shot during school hours? ....on school grounds?......using school equipment?....was the school or classmates mentioned in the video?

If the school was not involved in the video.....what gives them the right to suspend your child?

I have four grade school age kids and I frequently remind them in my serious daddy voice that they are never allowed to tell anyone that we have guns. also they are not allowed to draw guns or to talk about them in school. As an aside, my father was a NYC Police Officer and I got the same speech from him when I was little, but with my father, I believe it was a security issue and not a political correctness issue.

Fred

This is a very sad statement about our society, that you can not talk about the fact that you practice rights allowed by the constitution. What the idiot liberals don't seem to get it without guns they would not have many of the rights they so cherish today - and may soon loose them. Funny how they don't believe we should be able to practice the 1st because we practice the 2nd.

WVIS,

It was at Ykids, an afterschool program to watch kids until parents pick them up after work. It was on school grounds, after hours, but school rules still apply. The kids had been warned by the principal of the school to not make videos after they were caught making Harlem Shuffle clips. The suspension, while a bit much (as my son did not threaten anyone directly nor did he threaten to bring a weapon into school), is what it is. It did make my son realize the seriousness of mentioning guns at school. He got a stern lecture about how his actions could really mess up my life.

I, too, have repeatedly told my son that no one at school, or anywhere at all, is to know that I have guns. He was also told to not draw guns, talk about guns, hint at guns or play any violent games at school.

This boils down to a young 5th grader getting tricked by older kids to be the star of the video. The older kids knew exactly what they were doing, as they stayed off camera. They were giggling the whole time in the background. The director of the video was also suspended. Both kids were also expelled from the Ykids program, so that f***s with my schedule, as I now have to get him off the bus at 2pm everyday. Good thing I got laid off in January!

The kid knows this was a big screw up. Again, better for him to get this lesson over with at 11 instead of 15.

WVIS,

It was at Ykids, an afterschool program to watch kids until parents pick them up after work. It was on school grounds, after hours, but school rules still apply. The kids had been warned by the principal of the school to not make videos after they were caught making Harlem Shuffle clips. The suspension, while a bit much (as my son did not threaten anyone directly nor did he threaten to bring a weapon into school), is what it is. It did make my son realize the seriousness of mentioning guns at school. He got a stern lecture about how his actions could really mess up my life.

I, too, have repeatedly told my son that no one at school, or anywhere at all, is to know that I have guns. He was also told to not draw guns, talk about guns, hint at guns or play any violent games at school.

This boils down to a young 5th grader getting tricked by older kids to be the star of the video. The older kids knew exactly what they were doing, as they stayed off camera. They were giggling the whole time in the background. The director of the video was also suspended. Both kids were also expelled from the Ykids program, so that f***s with my schedule, as I now have to get him off the bus at 2pm everyday. Good thing I got laid off in January!

The kid knows this was a big screw up. Again, better for him to get this lesson over with at 11 instead of 15.

Ok...on school grounds during an after school program. As long as he learns, it sounds like a good lesson then.

Yeah, man. I'm a teacher. I don't have an exaggerated opinion of myself, but I also haven't yet come to the conclusion that I suck.

I used to be a public school teacher. While I am not ready to make a blanket statement about them, I will say there is a lot of dead wood. The percentage of co-workers exhibiting both competence + dedication was lower in teaching than in other jobs I have had. While it may have just been that I was not in a good school district, my talks with fellow Rutgers Teaching grads makes me think it is widespread.

Teaching is largely a liberal and political world. It attracts and promotes individuals much like Hollywood that promote an agenda.

My son made a movie for his video editing class in HS last year. it was his senior class project. In it he and a bunch of friends had a scene where they had someone shot dead with a toy gun. Thinking about it now, I am SHOCKED nothing was ever said about it.