Shawnmoore81

A lot of c-130's

I was just at the bj's on 13 in del. right accross the street in an airport. There are a crap load of c-130's landing there right now. The first one we saw was as soon as we walked out of the store. Since we were 100 yards from the runway and it was directly over head it absolutely scared the crap out of my wife. I saw 6 of em within a couple mins. More are circling around waiting to land.

No I don't think it's a conspiracy or anything. Just wondering if we are bringing troops home or something along those lines

a friend that lives/works very close to (within eyeshot) there said theres been alot of activity recently....blackhawks touch and go..tail tapping... flying tight formations treetop high in a couple mile radius...."all just routine training" says the officials

I'm use to the Boeing choppers because the plant is near here. But this ain't normal

A girl I'm friends with said

"Because of military budget cuts the Air force is grounding 1/3 of it's aircrafts. A majority of that is C130s so you will probably see them around that a way a bit so they can be permanently parked at McGuire which is a joint military base thus having lots of different mechanics to work and them and keep them ready in case we have the money to use them again."

Just a pure guess but with all the crap going on over in Korea, the different Squadrons could be doing training manuevers.

I remember while at Ft.Sill during the summer '90, I saw the trains loaded up with the Armoured Units getting ready to roll out for Operation Desert Storm.

I love the excuse...budget cuts.

Learned a long time ago in corporate life, when somebody cuts your budget you "fight back" by cutting essentials like data center maintenance contracts, stuff that is literally the most mission critical stuff. Cut back the stuff that hurts the most and the fastest.

As we have seen our own Dear Leader doing.

Meanwhile Airbus is moving a plant to Alabama..is it possible the tanker deal is up for reconsideration?

I love the excuse...budget cuts.

Learned a long time ago in corporate life, when somebody cuts your budget you "fight back" by cutting essentials like data center maintenance contracts, stuff that is literally the most mission critical stuff. Cut back the stuff that hurts the most and the fastest.

As we have seen our own Dear Leader doing.

Meanwhile Airbus is moving a plant to Alabama..is it possible the tanker deal is up for reconsideration?

Tanker is Boeings. Airbus is coming here because it's cheaper in America than Europe. Europe is Union Labor strong and good ol Right to Works laws here in America make the Euro go much further.

I was just at the bj's on 13 in del. right accross the street in an airport. There are a crap load of c-130's landing there right now. The first one we saw was as soon as we walked out of the store. Since we were 100 yards from the runway and it was directly over head it absolutely scared the crap out of my wife. I saw 6 of em within a couple mins. More are circling around waiting to land.

No I don't think it's a conspiracy or anything. Just wondering if we are bringing troops home or something along those lines

C-130's don't transport troops home from overseas. That isn't their role, and would be miserable.

The 142nd is a C-130 squadron in DE. I'm not sure how it works in the 130 world, but maybe they had a training day or were doing some formation flying, an ORI, flyaway, or some other random training events. I know this was a UTA weekend for them, so everyone was in town, so it would make sense for the flyers to stick around and knock out a bunch of currency.

I have seen something even more bizarre in the middle of the Pine Barrens, about a week before the Iraq War, Fallujia (sp?) offensive.

We counted 30 or so, flying one by one in a landing pattern to whatever base miles away. These were not C-130's but jet powered, as I recall. Tons of them.

I have seen something even more bizarre in the middle of the Pine Barrens, about a week before the Iraq War, Fallujia (sp?) offensive.

We counted 30 or so, flying one by one in a landing pattern to whatever base miles away. These were not C-130's but jet powered, as I recall. Tons of them.

Where in the pine barrens were you? Anywhere near Manchester area or further SouthWest? Coyle Field is in that area and the military does practice cargo air drops at that field. I've watched them do those countless times at this field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NJ Air Guard has a facility at AC. Although its a fighter unit its common for Air Guard units to play host to one another.

Not with heavies.

ACC passed down today for the majority of combat units to "stand down" so that expeditionary forces can have the funding to conduct operations. They are cutting 45,000 flying hours through the end of the fiscal year. The Air Force is moving around aircraft to various locations for semi permanent storage, ground training is set to ramp up so they want everyone to have enough aircraft to work on for training. It is actually all routine and no that isn't the government speaking, it's the truth.

We fly low level training flights all over the east coast as part of standard currency requirements. I wish I had it with me, I'd post a video I took flying at 300 feet through the Adirondacks in upstate NY. Saw a few cabins along the river. I bet anybody down there would have been awfully surprised to see a 350,000 pound aircraft 300 feet off the ground making 60 degree banks through the hills down the valley...

We fly low level training flights all over the east coast as part of standard currency requirements. I wish I had it with me, I'd post a video I took flying at 300 feet through the Adirondacks in upstate NY. Saw a few cabins along the river. I bet anybody down there would have been awfully surprised to see a 350,000 pound aircraft 300 feet off the ground making 60 degree banks through the hills down the valley...

That was one of my favorite low level routes. Contour flyin woop woop