Fullblown9

NICS going online? 15min good to go.

We have known this has been coming for some time - hence what you heard. The question of the day is when? I suspect we are months, if not a year or more away from this happening - so don't start the celebration yet.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

My FFL told me this. He got a call from someone, (IDK if it was NICS or SP) gauging interest in an online NICS system.

Sounds good to me. As long as we get NICS back to the way it once was, speed wise, I don't care if it's call or internet. Just let me buy muh gunz.

Yeah, I think it's online already. You fill out your information on your FFL's computer online.

There's just a little hitch. The online ends there. Your FFL prints the form and then faxes it for NICS check. Then you wait on line.

This. They would need time building servers, establishing databases, and linking it all up with the FBI.

How long does that take? At my job we can do that soup to nuts in a month or two, starting from scratch. Most of it is development time.

Considering that at my job it takes two weeks to open a port on the firewall, this will take at least a year to implement.

I used to work in a place like that. Full change management process just to add a entry to a host file on one server...

How long does that take? At my job we can do that soup to nuts in a month or two, starting from scratch. Most of it is development time.

Well after their studies, contracts with their friends, and all that jazz, what would normally take any business a month or two would take the government at least a year.

I think NY is doing something like this already?? I bought a shotgun at Gander Mountain in Middletown, NY the other day...the clerk went in the back and was back in a few minutes to ring me up. I asked if he had time to call already?? He told me their NICS is done online now. Was pretty fast and easy, I hope something similar comes to NJ.

I think NY is doing something like this already?? I bought a shotgun at Gander Mountain in Middletown, NY the other day...the clerk went in the back and was back in a few minutes to ring me up. I asked if he had time to call already?? He told me their NICS is done online now. Was pretty fast and easy, I hope something similar comes to NJ.

New York isn't a point of contact state like NJ. They do their NICS check online with the FBI.

Something strange here. My detective told me they are averaging 2 month turn around times for pistol permits and blaming the SP... I'll most like have a meeting with him this week and see if I can find where this bottleneck really is. It just seems there is too many varying times amongst us.

15 minutes for NICS, yea and the SP got my permits to me in three weeks.

LMAO

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Something strange here. My detective told me they are averaging 2 month turn around times for pistol permits and blaming the SP... I'll most like have a meeting with him this week and see if I can find where this bottleneck really is. It just seems there is too many varying times amongst us.

I wish mine were done in two months! I've been waiting 4 months and 5 days so far...still waiting.

That's nutz! What town? I'd like to think if the SP are the bottleneck, then why so many inconsistencies in all the towns. Someone is bs-ing someone.

I wish mine were done in two months! I've been waiting 4 months and 5 days so far...still waiting.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

That's nutz! What town? I'd like to think if the SP are the bottleneck, then why so many inconsistencies in all the towns. Someone is bs-ing someone.

NJSP Woodbine. The State Police are definitely the bottle neck :lol:

I'm calling Senator Van Drew tomorrow morning and going to try and get some movement on this. I'm not the only one in this situation- I spoke to a random guy in a fishing store last night who said his son has been waiting just as long. The Barrack's won't give me any more information other than it's in Trenton and they'll call me when it comes in.