45Doll

We're Looking For The Bomber - And we want to search your house

On this situation I'd allow a quick search. Quick is the key word. Just walk through and visually inspect the rooms for the perp. If they tried going beyond that I'd ask them to leave.

if i allowed anyone into my home, it would be one officer, and i'd allow him a quick glance in each room. not much else. they know dam well that the guy's on the run, and more than likely will not hunker down in an occupied home.

Is it just me, or is this a bit excessive in hunting down a single person. I'm not in LE, so my opinions is perhaps naive. I'd probably want that kind of force if it were me on the hunt.

Logistically the more people they have the quicker they can clear buildings safely. They probably wish they had more officers there.

Yes.

And reason also dictates that if I lived in this area would make damn sure that anything that would be misconstrued as a threat like a weapon or cans of powder for my reloading hobby would be safely stored out of sight.

The pressure that LE is under right now is so overwhelming that the onus is on the innocent to present a non-threatening atmosphere. Or all bets are off.

So if you were in that area you would not be home carrying with a armed terrorist on the loose? What's the point of owning legal firearms then?

if i allowed anyone into my home, it would be one officer, and i'd allow him a quick glance in each room. not much else. they know dam well that the guy's on the run, and more than likely will not hunker down in an occupied home.

and youre experienced with terrorists hunkering down how??...ill leave tactical decisions to those who do it for a living

I'd probably let them in for a quick look..

Are they using assault weapons or rifles?

It's funny how the media says that the police are using high power rifles in lieu of ASSAULT RIFLES..

I'd probably let them in for a quick look..

Are they using assault weapons or rifles?

It's funny how the media says that the police are using high power rifles in lieu of ASSAULT RIFLES..

I noticed that too...

The funny thing is that all these media puppets are reporting live and are off script. Now we can see how the larger organization controls what is said and how it's said. Down to nomenclature. If they were reading a script about Newtown "assault weapon" would be used 1000 times.

and youre experienced with terrorists hunkering down how??...ill leave tactical decisions to those who do it for a living

You'll leave tactical decisions to terrorists who hunker down for a living???

That's not how it works. We don't leave each other.

I would let them in. Key being it's my choice to let them in without a warrant.

This is a known situation and I know what they're looking for. They're not simply trying to find something to get *me* arrested, or looking to see if *i* am complying with all laws (like making sure my firearms are properly secured, absurd) they're looking for someone else.

Agreed. They arent there to look for guns. They just want the suspect in custody. You could probably answer the door with a bag of weed in your hand and they would not give two craps about it. They just want HIM.

Speaking of which did anyone else see the interview on Fox with one of the suspect's friends, Ty.

In his rambling he said something along the lines of, "yeah man we used to smoke weed together".

Made me laugh is all -- who says that to a camera?

That's not how it works. We don't leave each other.

don't misunderstand me. i don't like anyone in my home for anything. i dunno why, i just don't. but then again, i don't let anyone touch or drive my car either, lolol.

it's nothing against police though........

E.g. guns. They really could care less about your little collection when looking for a terrorist lol.

Loosen the tinfoil.

I'm one of the least tinfoily guys you are going to find, but the jails are full of people who let cops in for one thing and got jammed for another. That Jersey City guy who's been in the news, for one thing.

Made me laugh is all -- who says that to a camera?

I assume potheads do.. clearly he still tokes up.. It was pretty funny. These potheads better hide their pot if they do the search.. They'd probably get high and forget

I guess I would let the "authorities" do a "quick" search based on this situation. I don't have anything to hide, all my stuff is in the safe and as long as they don't break anything. I'm sure there's one of them that wobbling around because of all their tactical gear

So if you were in that area you would not be home carrying with a armed terrorist on the loose? What's the point of owning legal firearms then?

My fear would be them seeing my legal firearm on me; and in a quick stressed moment they turn me into swiss cheese. What do you do in that situation? Let the officers know you are locked and loaded? I don't see that ending well.

My fear would be them seeing my legal firearm on me; and in a quick stressed moment they turn me into swiss cheese. What do you do in that situation? Let the officers know you are locked and loaded? I don't see that ending well.

Hahah yea.. News would sound something like this... Breaking news a third armed suspect was shot and killed in a shoot out during door to door search. Next thing you know your neighbor is on tv saying he would have never thought, he's so nice, but it was strange how he mows his lawn every week

I'd personally let them in my home and verify everything is safe and then tell them to be safe and I hope they catch the bastard. I have nothing illegal in my house and when you have a person or people bombing your city.... well you have to put aside your tinfoil hat for a minute and quit being a d-bag.

I would open the door with my handgun holstered and let them know everything inside is "a-okay".

imaginary +1

This is a great answer IMO. My first thoughts were Not without a search warrant. But having a handgun holstered, clearly shows that I am in control of my household.

Might also get you drawn on due to the heightened sensitivity at the time. Imho, wrong thing to do.

imaginary +1

This is a great answer IMO. My first thoughts were Not without a search warrant. But having a handgun holstered, clearly shows that I am in control of my household.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Might also get you drawn on due to the heightened sensitivity at the time. Imho, wrong thing to do.

Typos courtesy Apple...

If guys are knocking on my door in full battle rattle with "high powered assault rifles" doesn't matter what's on my hip or in my arms or what I say. An itchy trigger finger is gonna itch.

Nah, no show of a weapon might get you ran over like a mack truck coming, but you stand a better chance of staying alive. Trust me... Last thing you want to hear is "GUN", then your face is plowed into the floor as they all pile on to immobilize ya.

If guys are knocking on my door in full battle rattle with "high powered assault rifles" doesn't matter what's on my hip or in my arms or what I say. An itchy trigger finger is gonna itch.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Why you talk crap like that? You know dang well you'll comply in that scenario. Let's be real and top talking smack...

nope.....No one in my house so need for them to come in and look PERIOD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Nah, no show of a weapon might get you ran over like a mack truck coming, but you stand a better chance of staying alive. Trust me... Last thing you want to hear is "GUN", then your face is plowed into the floor as they all pile on to immobilize ya.

Do whatever you want dude. I'm just saying if there is a terror suspect hiding somewhere in my neighborhood, I will have a gun on me at all times, that is kind of one of the reasons I own guns in the first place.

I understand that part and not disputing it either. I'm talking about your response at the door and what their response may be. This is not a typical burglar running around and a couple uniforms visiting you.

So, hope it never happens, but if it does.... Heh.. You'll see. :)

Typos courtesy Apple...