Socom

R.I.P. Tom Knapp

I was saddened to learn of his being let go by Bennelli some year(s) back, mostly due to his illnesses and limited scheduling availability to do the shows he became famous for. I'm even more sad just now!

RIP Tom, and may God have a place in his heart for an old man with a shotgun and an arm (weak side at that) that could throw 9 clays up into the air and blast them all individually!

Dave

I was saddened to learn of his being let go by Bennelli some year(s) back, mostly due to his illnesses and limited scheduling availability to do the shows he became famous for. I'm even more sad just now!

RIP Tom, and may God have a place in his heart for an old man with a shotgun and an arm (weak side at that) that could throw 9 clays up into the air and blast them all individually!

Dave

11 is his world record .50

Rob

Can't see the vid so I'm guessing some gun dude. All I know about who died today is Legendary George Jones..

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

And maybe that simple explanation would have been better than just pointing to a video... As far as being some gun dude... He's a gun dude... So RIP gun dude...

Tom Knapp was a legendary gun showman. Please, go on youtube and look at his work. He's not just "some gun dude" any more than Babe Ruth was "some baseball guy"...

Typos courtesy Apple...

I'm sorry to see him go -- I was actually hoping to see him do his thing some day -- had no idea he was sick

Jake used to sit and watch his videos on you tube -- Used to say he wanted to be able to shoot like Tom Knapp -- we always had an understanding that if he was ever in the area we would go see him

Didn't recognize the name, but after the being able to see the vid on my desktop, I remember him now. He was an excellent shooter and I've watched him over the years here and there...

And maybe that simple explanation would have been better than just pointing to a video... As far as being some gun dude... He's a gun dude... So RIP gun dude...

Typos courtesy Apple...

For those that are unaware: Tom RO'd Jerry M.'s famous Youtube vid of Jerry doing 12 rounds in a revo in 2.99 sec. Can't mistake that powerful deep voice announcing the time! Imagine, they did a show TOGETHER at some point (wish I couldda been THERE!).

Makes me think we should make a list of "gun people" that we all should know or know about, listing their particular skills, perhaps even with links to you tube videos??

Bob Munden

Tom Knapp

Jerry Miculek

Annie Oakley

etc etc

An excellent idea! It would help educate the Newbies and offer them a look into various great Shooters in several disciplines. A common frame of reference if you will...