RS1200XL

Ammo shortage starting to break?

Every time we come back from Bath Iron Works my co-worker and I make a stop at the Cabelas in Maine on our way home. Today we dropped in and found what almost looked like a full house of ammo. There were multiple brands of .223 and 5.56, which I haven't seen since December. Tons of 7.62 and other rifle rounds. Multiple brands of 10mm and .40 and they were STOCKED. Additionally I found 500 round cans of 9mm along with a few boxes of 9mm JHP. As I was walking out they were still putting out more and more ammo. Now I know this was 9 am on a Tuesday, but they appeared to have many different calibers which were filling the shelves. So are we finally seeing the end to the great ammo shortage?

I was able to snag a 100 rounder of .45 ACP and some .223.

I'll let u guys know Later this week when the PCM truck arrives at the distributor. If there are 100 people waiting id say no. If I'm in and out I'd say yeah. But I was told 1,000,000 rounds of 5.56 was coming. The problem has been the police and agencies buying trucks and suv's full

What I am seeing is more ammo but at ridiculously high prices like $130 for a 100 round value pack of 9mm WWB ammo that I used to buy for under $30. I think what we will see is a return of ammo but a lot of places trying to keep the prices high to make as much as possible. Remember it is all about supply and demand and if demand outpaces supply we can expect prices to remain high. When the stores cannot sell their inventory they will have to lower prices.

From what I have seen I would say we have a ways to go before ammo is readily available at reasonable prices. I do think the rationing is helping to an extent, but as others have said, anytime there is anything at a reasonable price it sells out in minutes or less.

it is definitely not coming back to "normal" levels right now.. if you saw a "almost fully stocked Cabelas", then they JUST re-stocked the shelves.. another day goes by, those shelves will look a lot more bare... as jrfly said, when you dont have OOS online by the time you put your username & password in to buy, then maybe it will start to come back.. at this point, its still very hard to find at regular (even only "slightly increased") prices.. you can always find ammo on GB for 5x the price, but who's paying that? (and there are people paying that, its crazy)

They probably restocked the shelves, as DSD stated, but remember...it's also Maine haha. I'm sure Maine and other states that have a lot of small towns don't have the ammo shortage issues that states like TX, NJ, CA, and most other densely populated states do.

I think it's *starting* to get back to normal.

The sooner the panic buying stops....the sooner it *will* return to normal.

I was in WV 2 weeks ago.......only 22LR ammo to be found was $10 for a box of 50. Absolute insanity.

The sooner people refuse to pay panic prices...the better.

I think it's *starting* to get back to normal.

The sooner the panic buying stops....the sooner it *will* return to normal.

I was in WV 2 weeks ago.......only 22LR ammo to be found was $10 for a box of 50. Absolute insanity.

The sooner people refuse to pay panic prices...the better.

Same at Florida Gun Exchange. A brick was $100.

Yea, and if the full senate here in NJ passes the crap they are voting on next week it will get worse in NJ.  While they are not placing an outright ban on internet sales, they effectively are.  Vendors will have to report the sales to the NJ state police.  Since ammo is a sellers market why would they want to incur the extra paperwork to do that when they can sell everything they have to other states without doing that.  So, most places will likely just put another footnote on their pages - no ammo sales to people in NJ.

Yea, and if the full senate here in NJ passes the crap they are voting on next week it will get worse in NJ. While they are not placing an outright ban on internet sales, they effectively are. Vendors will have to report the sales to the NJ state police. Since ammo is a sellers market why would they want to incur the extra paperwork to do that when they can sell everything they have to other states without doing that. So, most places will likely just put another footnote on their pages - no ammo sales to people in NJ.

Hey Howard. At the end of your post please change "people" to "prisoners" Just to keep things PC. Lol

Yea, and if the full senate here in NJ passes the crap they are voting on next week it will get worse in NJ.  While they are not placing an outright ban on internet sales, they effectively are.  Vendors will have to report the sales to the NJ state police.  Since ammo is a sellers market why would they want to incur the extra paperwork to do that when they can sell everything they have to other states without doing that.  So, most places will likely just put another footnote on their pages - no ammo sales to people in NJ.

Have you seen the definite text on that yet? It wasn't in the original version, so I'm curious what they put in. I can't think of any Constitutional way they can compel out of state vendors to report anything to the police.

Hey Howard. At the end of your post please change "people" to "prisoners" Just to keep things PC. Lol

Sorry can't do that, I don't believe in PC BS  :)

But I will prey each night that each and everyone of these "democratic" senators are involved in drunk driving accidents or drive-by shootings from gang-bangers!

FYI

Anyone who ships to NJ as a distributer or sells within NJ already needs to report sales information to the NJSP. This includes powder and ammo.

It's an unholy mess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly what is forcing them to do this? NJ retailers don't even do this for powder and rifle/shotgun ammo... and if they do it's store policy. Reporting sales info also doesn't have to include who bought it. I have never given a store my info for anything but pistol ammo, they look at my id and hand it right back to verify age. They record every sale, its part of inventory, but most places don't take your info unless they're DICKS... haha see what i did there..

I stopped at the East Stroudsburg PA Walmart today just for SnG's and they had bare shelves. Some 12 ga, some rifle ammo, ( i don't own one so i have no idea what kind) 2 boxes of .44 mag and three bricks of .22.

I asked about 9 mm and the clerk said they had some a while ago but it was gone in a few hours.