Sign in to follow this  
mechman

card holder for FID card

What does everybody do for keeping there FID cards pristine?  I put mine in my wallet a few times and its edges are bent already.  Some say to laminate others say you should not laminate.  Also does everybody carry their cards around all the time or just when  you are going to the range or buying stuff?  Thanks.

Bill

FID cards and the word pristine definitely don't mix with me. I carry it constantly and already had to laminate it a few times and the laminating just peels apart.

I guess if you were to leave it at home and only take it when absolutely necessary then you should be able to keep it in good condition. You'll find that most FID cards are quite worn.

I carry it always and it is NOT pristine. I agree with mcm308- very useful when renewing driver's license :-). I keep it in a heavy plastic ID holder (the kind on the end of a lanyard) along with my NRA membership card, my gun club cards, etc. I am completely screwed if I lose that plastic thing!

Heavy Laminate, Staples for ~$1

Yea I believe it's a 10mil thickness they have. Make sure you don't cut it flush with the card. Leave some edge around it

Mines laminated and in my walet. Still looks great

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Mine is in a thin laminate that is flexible.  Wish I'd waited to get the thicker laminate done, but it's held up fine for two years (well, tomorrow is two years).  I saw the card of a friend who got his last year, who didn't laminate his, and it's already looking worn to hell. 

It would be nice if they made them a normal size.  If they put the FID onto your driver's license, are they gonna make the DL 10% larger so it no longer fits into any credit card slots or ID holders?  All that extra information on the DL will need the extra surface area, right?

Thanks for all the ideas, i think i will probably get mine laminated "professionally" to keep it in good shape.  I definitely dont ever want to have to get a new one cause this one wore out.  Now with that solved, I just need to actually get to the range one of these days!!

Bill

Why carry it if not needed?? I don't carry mine everyday because..I was arrested one night and the police got my wallet and my fid was just in it loose.. ( because the fugger don't fit into the slots) well that started a whole new round of questions.. so after that ordeal, I leave my card home and only bring it out when I know its needed. I'm not young any more and don't fuck around like I use to but I leave it home now mostly so it don't get lost and it stays clean.

Molon Labe

Why carry it if not needed?? I don't carry mine everyday because..I was arrested one night and the police got my wallet and my fid was just in it loose.. ( because the fugger don't fit into the slots) well that started a whole new round of questions.. so after that ordeal, I leave my card home and only bring it out when I know its needed. I'm not young any more and don't fugg around like I use to but I leave it home now mostly so it don't get lost and it stays clean.Molon Labe

But you just gave yourself an answer to "why carry it if not needed?" ..... Your answer, "I'm not young any more and don't fugg around like I use to.

22 posts about laminating an FID... Lmao! Ok, you can also put it in a Hello Kitty purse so bad guys won't take it and it will stay equally nice. ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Disgusting isn't it? And to think we own guns! Maybe this is why we are looked at with square heads. I'm not trying to break ballz here... (Ummm..... Ok, yes I am).....

But really? I have to shake my head so hard at some of these threads, that I actually jar loose a few marbles and can actually hear them rattle. ;)

:facepalm:

22 posts about laminating an FID... Lmao! Ok, you can also put it in a Hello Kitty purse so bad guys won't take it and it will stay equally nice. ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Lol

Typos courtesy Apple...

What does everybody do for keeping there FID cards pristine?  I put mine in my wallet a few times and its edges are bent already.  Some say to laminate others say you should not laminate.  Also does everybody carry their cards around all the time or just when  you are going to the range or buying stuff?  Thanks.

Bill

I laminated mine years ago. Looks pristine. :) I carry it with me in wallet along with copies of every permit for every weapon I own or have in my vehicle.