Sign in to follow this  
Secret Squirrel

Remember what today is about

Today is Memorial Day and while everyone today is out celebrating their day off, take a moment to remember why today is a special day, remember that today is a day put aside as a national holiday to honor those that paid the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedoms. For the next minute and and twenty two seconds, I ask you to take a moment of silence to say thank you to everyone who is buried overseas and those that come home to be buried so that we may live free.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day everyone.

post-3110-0-16740700-1369670116_thumb.jpg

Today is Memorial Day and while everyone today is out celebrating their day off, take a moment to remember why today is a special day, remember that today is a day put aside as a national holiday to honor those that paid the ultimate sacrifice to defend our freedoms. For the next minute and and twenty two seconds, I ask you to take a moment of silence to say thank you to everyone who is buried overseas and those that come home to be buried so that we may live free.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day everyone.

well said.

Memorial_Day_1_20130527.jpg

Thank you Grandad for your service in the 8th Army and Nanny for your service in the London WVS during the Blitz. Bless you for your courage and bravery and for being able keep private the atrocities you've seen and return home and raise such a beautiful family.

We must never let this happen again.

Uncle Phil, thank you for your service in the Alps and hello to the good people at Boscombe Down airfield.

I miss you Mum and Dad, it's only a matter of time until we're reunited. I write this with tears in my eyes.

Hello my friends at Mountain Home and Nellis AFB.  A remembrance to the crew and passengers who perished in the air tragedies this year and a prayer to the loved ones they left behind.

Thank you to all veterans and active duty personnel for your service to our great country. Thank you for all the sacrifices you have made so that we may continue to enjoy our freedoms.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"Words are even more feeble on this Memorial Day for the sight before us is that of a strong and good nation that stands in silence and remembers those who were loved and who, in return, loved their countrymen enough to die for them"

Ronald Reagan