Scrappy

Fireworks

Montville has a good sized show tonight. I'm lead shooter for the milburn show July 4, though it's a smaller show- their field isn't that big

If you're in Toms River, stop by my house. The asshole that lives behind me was setting them off on Memorial Day. A few of them went over my house and landed in my front yard.

I thought that fireworks were illegal in this state? How could he possibly have them? Ha, hah, ha!

Most the shore towns and boardwalks do a firework show. I remember Redbank used to do the states biggest and best show a few years back. I think the funding was cut off and it is not as big as it used to be. I am sure after Sandy most towns will be cutting back on fireworks this year. 

Most the shore towns and boardwalks do a firework show. I remember Redbank used to do the states biggest and best show a few years back. I think the funding was cut off and it is not as big as it used to be. I am sure after Sandy most towns will be cutting back on fireworks this year.

Red Bank stopped the show because the crowds became to large and disorderly. The kids would show up drunk and stoned starting fights and pissing everywhere.

They just used the money issue as an excuse.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

F NJ and all the illegal bs. Actually its illegal in all the surrounding states. Whats wierd is you can but fireworks in Pa as long as your not a resident and you legally cant take them out of the state without a permit, how messed up is that? Anyway Im headed to my cabin cause my mountain goes nuts on the fourth and Im STOCKED up there!

Being neighborly is a virtue, and cleaning up after yourself is imperative, but this whole 'fireworks are illegal' shit is just nonsense.

Sure, I have no problem with someone setting off fireworks safely. Problem is that most people don't have a clue and can set fire to their neighbor's house quite easily. I used to be a pyrotechnician and I've seen near disasters at some shows which WOULD have been disasters if it weren't for the fire department being right there supervising and the safety precautions we took such as clearance distance. And oh yeah we used only electronic ignition so you're safely in the bunker while the fireworks go off.

But if you can keep the damage to your own property by all means feel free.

For 2 years straight my cousin and I would go in together on about $1k worth of fireworks and would give the neighbors and family members a big show then the third year we got shut down by the Manahawkin police because a neighbor called and complained. Usually there's too many people shooting off fireworks at the shore towns for them to do anything about it but this was 2-3 years ago when we had that long drought of no rain for weeks and everything was dry, so it was understandable. We were just glad he didn't confiscate them, the bed of my truck was loaded with fireworks. It was a good time. We were always safe (minus a stupid mistake my cousins good friend made where the large rocket he lit wasn't anchored well, tipped over and shot right towards someone's house right as the cop pulled up). He was not allowed to light any more after that. (They live in mud city so it's on the bayside and we were lucky). It was good times while it lasted but not worth it anymore.

There's a house by us in Manahawkin that must spend at least $2500-$3000 on a show, majority of it being mortars. Every year! He gives a show to all around the neighborhood.

We're going to be on the boat this 4th of July so maybe the Trenton Thunder will have a game and light a few off.

One of my neighbors has a huge property. His house is ranged 580 meters from mine on the nearest corner. I have a tiny little property.

A few years ago he setup a massive fireworks display right on my fenceline. There is no practical reason for him to put it there. It's on the far side in the middle of a long property. He could have put it in the middle and it would have been the same distance from his house and he could have seen it better.

The shit was raining down on my trees and house, and it was during a drought and burn ban. I thought something was going to catch on fire.

I covered the airspace over his property with parachute flares for a few minutes to fuck up their fireworks, about five of them, and I heard some drunk **** actually yelling at me.

fugg them.

I've had my fun with fireworks for sure. It brings out the juvenile delinquent in me.

My favorite is speed balls. Little cylindrical things that come in a five pack for around a dollar or so. Light on ground, then they shoot up 30' then violently shoot off in some Random direction like a 357. Loud too.

My dad became infatuated with those sky lantern things. They're cool but they beg to get stuck in trees and burn.

I used to go to a friends' spread in the Poconos.  Drive over via rt 78, stop in on the way at Phantom and legally buy and carry with my NJ drivers license.  As was said, a weird arrangement.

But I don't know if I'm stuck in the past, but it seems like the good stuff has gotten way more expensive than it used to be.  Blowing $20 a shot on a pretty mortal shot doesn't seem all that fun anymore.  Next house over (about a quarter mile away) was shooting Grucci-quality fireworks all night.  I have no idea where they got those or what they cost, but it wasn't anything like the store-bought stuff.  Anything goes in the PA mountains.

Around here, you fire off a handful of tiny bottle rockets and somebody calls 911

How about a little compromise (known as common sense) from the jerks in Trenton?  OK, no rockets to land on the other guys roof. But how about allowing a lousy firecracker, cherry bomb or similar.

As stated elsewhere 'screw 'em all'.

How about a little compromise (known as common sense) from the jerks in Trenton? OK, no rockets to land on the other guys roof. But how about allowing a lousy firecracker, cherry bomb or similar.

As stated elsewhere 'screw 'em all'.

Cherry bombs and m-80 or basically any firecracker over 50 mgs of flash powder are illegal on the federal level unless you have a 1.3 license