Bob2222

Yet ANOTHER violent NJ home invasion, this one in Colts Neck

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/woman-stabbed-car-stolen-in-violent-home-invasion-in-colts-neck-1.5643330

Woman stabbed, car stolen in violent home invasion in Colts Neck

Originally published: July 8, 2013 6:02 AM
Updated: July 8, 2013 10:46 PM

Authorities are searching for the person who stabbed a Monmouth County woman during a home invasion and then stole her vehicle to get away. (July 8, 2013)

COLTS NECK - Authorities are searching for the person who stabbed a Monmouth County woman during a home invasion and then stole her vehicle to get away.

The 41-year-old Colts Neck woman was stabbed at around 12:30 a.m. Sunday at her Bray Street home. The man was reportedly hitchhiking along nearby Route 34 between Clover Hill Road and Bray Street.

Police say they believe the man saw the woman pull into her driveway and tried to break into her car. When that failed, the man then allegedly forced his way into her home when she opened the door.

The stabbed the victim and took her car keys. The woman, who was not identified by police, was taken to a hospital where she remains in critical but stable condition.

Police say the man then drove off in the woman's car, which was later found abandoned in Aberdeen.

Investigators say they have obtained surveillance video from a Taco Bell near where the car was abandoned which might help identify the man. He is described as a skinny white man in his early 20s with dirty blond hair who wore a yellow shirt and backpack.

Mayor Michael Fitzgerald says his office has already reached out to residents to keep them updated on what's going on, but wants everyone to remain vigilant. "If you see something say something," Fitzgerald says. "If you see suspicious activity pick up the phone and call."

Anyone with information is asked to call the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office at 1-800-533-7443 or the Colts Neck Police Department at 732-780-7323.

Update: The victim remains in critical condition: http://www.nj.com/monmouth/index.ssf/2013/07/woman_stabbed_in_colts_neck_was_randomly_attacked_still_in_critical_condition.html

The main thing that is being missed here is that these people feel safe in their upscale communities. Situational awareness is the number one factor to staying safe. She probably had no time to get a gun but had she paid more attention she may have avoided this. Or if she were able to carry but most of these liberal rich people don't believe in guns so again who knows even if she would if she could. Either way I pray for her recovery and hope this savage gets what he deserves. I will see the BOLO later

Everything that happens in the world today is the result of a Stand Alone Complex. If you don't believe me, read the description:

A Stand Alone Complex can be compared to the emergent copycat behavior that often occurs after incidents such as serial murders or terrorist attacks. An incident catches the public's attention and certain types of people "get on the bandwagon", so to speak. It is particularly apparent when the incident appears to be the result of well-known political or religious beliefs, but it can also occur in response to intense media attention.

The media actually called it a home invasion and not an aggravated burglary!  I wonder what kind of rap sheet this POS has?

The main thing that is being missed here is that these people feel safe in their upscale communities. Situational awareness is the number one factor to staying safe. She probably had no time to get a gun but had she paid more attention she may have avoided this. Or if she were able to carry but most of these liberal rich people don't believe in guns so again who knows even if she would if she could. Either way I pray for her recovery and hope this savage gets what he deserves. I will see the BOLO later

++this

But I bet that she would not have had "justifiable need" to carry.

If anyone performed a survey, I think they'd find the per-household firearm ownership rate is considerably higher in Colts Neck than in, say, Bayonne. I'm pretty sure it's okay to hunt deer in parts of Colts Neck Township.

The general assumption is that gun ownership is higher in cities because of all the gun crime. It's the inverse, more homes have firearms in rural areas than in suburban areas, and in suburban areas than in urban areas. IIRC, based on the 2012 election results, Colts Neck is somewhat to the right of Texas and Alaska politically.

Looking at Google Maps of the section of Colts Neck where this occurred, there appears to be a farm nearby.

We've been searching for a new house for the past few years and Colts Neck is one of the areas where we're searching. Farms/nurseries/orchards are among the attractive nuisances that I'm trying to avoid buying near. That Colts Neck homes are often somewhat isolated is high on the list of factors that encouraged us to obtain our FPID and p2ps a few years ago. We didn't want to wait around for who-knows-how-many months to get permitted after we purchased a house. (I'd guess many of the people who live in Colts Neck now have already come to a similar conclusion.)

Not to fault the woman, but if someone came knocking at my door after midnight, I would hope I would dial "911" before I opened the door or went outside to "explore".

There will be no charge for CCW. What I'm hoping for is an "honest dialogue" (to borrow the liberal language) about the role of gun ownership in home defense. If lots of Colts Neck people start arming up and are vocal about it, that might get people thinking. That's not going to happen in Millburn.

Is this the suburban white woman that mcbethr is talking about who gets attacked that will lead the charge for ccw?

Unless the US Supreme Court intervenes, I don't see a very good chance of that here in New Jersey. The urban rioting that happened in New Jersey in the 1960s/70s occurred pretty much after the FPID system was introduced and the widespread looting and arson that followed wasn't enough to make NJ politicians change their minds.

The news stories lack some detail, but I don't see how a CCW could have helped the woman if she was already home and the bad guy forced his way in. (If I owned a sporting good store, I'd be ordering more OC spray, though.)

Colts Neck is a no discharge town due to all the horse farms in area. They actully put it on signs as you enter town. I am not sure about gun ownership in the town but I would doubt they have a firearms deer season

No discharge allowed near houses -- but Colts Neck Township has a deer problem....

By now enough of the township has been developed that they may have "cross hatched" much of the township (see below) except for some of the large farms/estate areas. (I don't think Bruce Springsteen worries about being arrested for hunting on his estate.)

http://ecode360.com/8739794

§ 120-1 Discharge prohibited; exceptions.
A. No person shall discharge a gun, weapon or any firearm within the hatchmarked areas shown on the map attached hereto and made a part hereof and marked "Schedule 1." Editor's Note: Said map is on file in the township offices.
B. No person shall discharge a gun, weapon or any firearm across another individual's property line without written permission in possession.
C. Subsection A shall not be applicable to:
(1) The discharge of a gun, weapon or any firearm upon a pistol, rifle or firearm range which is under the supervision of the Township Police Department.
(2) Members of the Township Police Department, any law enforcement officer of any municipal, county, state or federal government or any representative of the Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife, Department of Environmental Protection and Energy, State of New Jersey, while in the performance of their official duties.
(3) The owner, tenant or lessee (or their guests) or a person with their express written, dated permission when controlling woodchucks or other pests, as legally defined, authorized and allowed by the hunting regulations promulgated annually by the Division of Fish, Game and Wildlife, Department of Environmental Protection, State of New Jersey.

I'm also sure you can discharge a firearm in parts of adjacent Tinton Falls. I'm sure b/c there is a skeet club there. (Some find the noise annoying. I think it's kinda cool.) Either way, suburban/rural houeholds are more likely to have a gun than urban households. Guns and ammo aren't cheap, for one thing.

Thank you for the clearing that up sorry input out bad info. I just saw the signs going into town an thought that covered the entire town. Yes they do have a bad deer problem see at least a dead dew every week or two driving on phalanx road on my way to brookdale

I believe Queen Lattifa lives there and has a carry permit. Wish she was there.

She does? She got charged in 1996 with illegal possession and a marijuana charge... and she still got a carry permit?

meanwhile me with my squeaky clean background (okay TWO traffic tickets, including one minor moving violation. That don't count right?) can't get one. Hmm. 

She does? She got charged in 1996 with illegal possession and a marijuana charge... and she still got a carry permit?

meanwhile me with my squeaky clean background (okay TWO traffic tickets, including one minor moving violation. That don't count right?) can't get one. Hmm. 

Is there a reliable source confirming that she has a CCW? I would think these kinds of statistics would be useful in the CCW case.

Colts Neck is a no discharge town due to all the horse farms in area. They actully put it on signs as you enter town. I am not sure about gun ownership in the town but I would doubt they have a firearms deer season

Absolutely false.

Restricted discharge. I live here, I can walk out my door and legally shoot if I want.

Colts Neck is actually a pretty conservative town. Long time residents own and hunt. New residents own to protect.

Do we have fruitcakes? Of course. But I'm active in the town and 80% of the people I know own something.

Where this occurred was on the edge of town in an older section. Not a $3+ mil home. I don't know the lady, so I can't talk about this specifically.

I don't anticipate any rules being rashly implemented either way.

It's just another example of something bad that happens and why we just need to always be vigilant.

No discharge allowed near houses -- but Colts Neck Township has a deer problem....

By now enough of the township has been developed that they may have "cross hatched" much of the township (see below) except for some of the large farms/estate areas. (I don't think Bruce Springsteen worries about being arrested for hunting on his estate.)

http://ecode360.com/8739794

I'm also sure you can discharge a firearm in parts of adjacent Tinton Falls. I'm sure b/c there is a skeet club there. (Some find the noise annoying. I think it's kinda cool.) Either way, suburban/rural houeholds are more likely to have a gun than urban households. Guns and ammo aren't cheap, for one thing.

The club is in tinton falls, quite a few miles from the border.