Does anyone have a small quantity of H110 that I could purchase from them? I'm starting out loading 300BLK and don't want to commit to a full pound if it won't give me the desired results. I have some Varget if you are interested in trading.

Is anyone currently reloading 300BLK? Would love to discuss your successes/failures with a variety of different powders.

Thank you T Bill. I'm willing to try any or all of them to find a load that works. I was reviewing the internet and saw that Titegroup is an option but in super small quantities and there is a need for a ballistic filler material to keep the powder from moving. I have some pulled 175's that I would like to use but the Hodgdon manual doesn't show anything in that range.

Hornady 8th edition is said to have a 300BLK page. I have not seen it yet. I still load off of Hornady 4thEd. I have been searching for load data, however it is sparse at the moment. Hoping for load data for 3 gun major, and hog hunting.

PM me your e-mail and I"ll send you a bunch of PDF's of data I have compiled if you would like.

I've used Sierra 125gn OTM bullets with 17.2 grains of lilgun.

Sierra has a whole bunch of load data available on their website

http://sierrabullets.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/300-aac-blackout.pdf

Accurate's load data

http://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/300_ACC_Blackout_Data.pdf

300 AAC Blackout Seating Depths

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=84361&p=791142&hilit=Bullet+comparator+125#p791142

Existing AR magazines have a rib which normally contacts the 5.56mm case-neck. With 300 BLK ammo, the contact is on the bullet. Because the bullet is a larger diameter, the rib will push the cartridges out of alignment, and can lead to binding potentially resulting in Failures to Feed. For this reason, it is important to load ammunition so that the contact point with the magazine rib is on the bullet ogive in an area of about 0.250 inch diameter. Here are some suggested OAL for popular bullets:

• Hornady 110 V-Max, OAL: 2.000

• 110 TAC-TX, OAL : 2.015 Some say 2.250. Any shorter and the powder is heavily compressed.

• Nosler Ballistic Tip 125 grain, OAL: 2.085

• Remington AccuTip 125 grain, OAL: 2.085

• Sierra H2120 125 Pro Hunter, OAL: 1.950

• Sierra 125 OTM, OAL: 2.230 2.535 w/ Comp.

• Speer TNT 125 1986, OAL: 2.010

• Hornady 130 SP #3020, OAL: 2.010

• Military 147 Pulls, OAL: 2.16 2.54 w/ Comp.

• Hornady 150 FMJ-BT 3037, OAL: 2.065

• Sierra 155 Palma, OAL: 2.150

• Lapua B416 200 grain, OAL: 1.960

• Hornady 208 AMAX, OAL: 2.150 2.45 w/ Comp.

• Sierra 220 SMK, OAL: 2.089

Shot yesterday:

17.2 grains of Lilgun

125gn Sierra OTM

1.50" OAL set using Hornady .30 bullet comparator

Temp 64F

100 yards

7 shot group, the one on the lower right was me. The other six are near 1" MOA

9A5865DD-C6BB-4E1B-96EE-8479BFA15188-824

1.50" OAL??

The case alone is 1.360"

qeberu6u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Over All Length (OAL) is only one. Does not let much room left for interpretations.

Correct, but the comparator tool measures to the ogive to give you a more precise measurement.  Tip to tip varies between bullets.  They still call it OAL or COL or COAL.  There is no standard for that measurement, as long as you measure it consistently in your loads.

From Hornady's instructions:

"Measuring cartridge lengths across the bullet tips is not a reliable (or repeatable) method 

for measuring your loaded rounds. It’s common for variations of up to .025" (0.6mm) 
to exist from one round to the next. Our Bullet Comparator solves that problem by 
measuring rounds from a reliable surface on the bullet– the ogive– to provide consistent, 
precise measurements of your rounds. The Bullet Comparator is also used to check 
uniformity of bullets from base to ogive. Optional Anvil Base attaches to the caliper blade 
for this purpose."

The length of the case alone is 1.360" do you think the bullet was seated exposing only 0.140" outside the case? Check the saami dimensions for the cartridge posted above.

Correct, but the comparator tool measures to the ogive to give you a more precise measurement. Tip to tip varies between bullets. They still call it OAL or COL or COAL. There is no standard for that measurement, as long as you measure it consistently in your loads.

From Hornady's instructions:

"Measuring cartridge lengths across the bullet tips is not a reliable (or repeatable) method

for measuring your loaded rounds. It’s common for variations of up to .025" (0.6mm)

to exist from one round to the next. Our Bullet Comparator solves that problem by

measuring rounds from a reliable surface on the bullet– the ogive– to provide consistent,

precise measurements of your rounds. The Bullet Comparator is also used to check

uniformity of bullets from base to ogive. Optional Anvil Base attaches to the caliper blade

for this purpose."

Should of clarified that once I installed the comparator, I re-zeroed my calipers.  

Left out the part about the brass:

LC 04 cases cut down with jig from http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=80842&hilit=VZ58+jig  using the $20 Harbor Freight chop saw

De-burred inside and out.

reformed using lee sizing die.

trimmed and cleaned up case mouth so length is 1.360".

No magazine feed issues using this OAL with Tango Down ARC magazine

300 AAC Blackout on left in Tango Down ARC mag, 5.56mm on right in PMAG

E98F53F3-1D04-4655-8F1E-20F4C19583CE-888

Comparator installed and calipers re-zeroed.

7C9AE652-B13E-454D-9B7D-8D6DDFBA7749-888

Measuring OAL off the bullet ogive

309823DF-3D3E-41F1-A67A-8DD74FA8E4B8-888

84BD8034-DAF1-4B59-8CF2-DF71EC63721F-888

Measuring from cartridge base to bullet tip

2CD93D72-F059-41A7-BEEE-C3D9B6756DA6-888

N110 is available at powder valley but the hazmat for a small order sucks.  If anyone wants to order some we could split the hazmat.  I just built a 300 blackout AR and want to load for it.  

Powder valley also has IMR 4227 8LB jug which loads for 300 AAC.  If anyone wants to split it and the shipping I'd be game for that too.