vladtepes

Need a new belt..

I am tired of the laminated, cardboard filled, garbage belts that most big box stores sell... I want a solid one piece leather belt... it is for dress clothes so it can't be some huge massive belt.. 

considering something like this.. but open to suggestions.. 

http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Black-Grooved-Bullhide-Dress-Leather-Belt_p_187.html

+1 on Troy's suggestion. I have two belts from the Beltman, one 1.25" for business casual and one 1.5" for everyday wear with jeans or cargo-shorts/pants. I don't think they will ever wear out.

Maybe I should also mention that I also have gun belts from Milt Sparks, FIST and 5.11 and I prefer the Beltman belts to all of those.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+1 on Troy's suggestion. I have two belts from the Beltman, one 1.25" for business casual and one 1.5" for everyday wear with jeans or cargo-shorts/pants. I don't think they will ever wear out.

Maybe I should also mention that I also have gun belts from Milt Sparks, FIST and 5.11 and I prefer the Beltman belts to all of those.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

does the belt show any signs of hole stretching?

how long have you had yours?

Holysmokes. $65 for a belt. Either my pants fall down or I visit the Columbus Farmers Market. LOL.

I wear a belt every day with dress pants at work... my last off the shelf belt lasted about a year.. the belt still functions fine but it is just starting to get worn out.. that is a $25 belt.. when you figure the place I linked gives you a 3 year warranty.. 

3 x $25 a year = $75

OR

$70 for a belt that should last at least 3 years..

Boston Leather is a great product.  I've had mine now for 4-5 years no hole stretching, leather in good shape, and its seen its fair use I wear it 90% of the time.  It sees use mainly in fire/ems field, occasionally I'll wear it under my duty belt at work.  I only wear these and their made in the USA

http://www.bostonleather.com/products/casual-belts

Didn't realize you can't buy from the main site here is one were you can

http://www.911se.com/p-276-boston-leather-1-14-off-duty-belt.aspx

you guys are amazing. I need a new belt, and voila, all the leads just show up on the interwebs!

I too have bought too many junk man-made belts from Kohl's, etc. I did find a nice all leather belt from Eddie Bauer a year ago, but they don't seem to carry it anymore (it was $50) and I have lost enough weight to need a new belt.

I am going to give the Beltman a try. Those are exactly what I am looking for!

does the belt show any signs of hole stretching?

how long have you had yours?

I think the newest (1.5") which gets a lot more wear than the 1.25" belt is 4 years old. Slight hole elongation, but it seems finite and is nothing that affects function. You haven't met me, but you have to understand that these belts are containing a powerful lot of girth. Also they get guns hung off them all the time. I don't think you can do better.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

In another 10lb loss..... I will order one.....  

Really trying to lose the girth 1st..... 

Hey, the beltman mentioned above (http://www.thebeltman.net/) has a note that he'll cut down his belts when you lose weight! get what you want AND get it sized to fit your reducing size :-)

BTW, I too needed to lose weight and I lost 50+ lbs. you can do it! (i need a new avatar on the left !)

I've worn two different 5.11 leather pistol belts with the permastiff insert since 2008 or so...both have held up well, though they are finally starting to show their age.  I wear one of the two belts every day.  While they aren't the dressiest belts, they work very well for me for everyday wear.  I've always carried a lot of crap on my belt and in my pants, so crappy belts of yesterday would 'delaminate'/roll/eventually tear...

Compared to the absolute garbage bonded thin leather crap available in most stores, the 5.11s have held up 5 times longer and I expect them to be useable for at least another year or two.  I'll be buying another 5.11 belt when I eventually need to buy a new belt...

I did find a nice all leather belt from Eddie Bauer a year ago, but they don't seem to carry it anymore (it was $50) and I have lost enough weight to need a new belt.

I almost suggested the same thing and went on the Eddie Bauer site and couldn't find what I bought (well over 10 yrs ago).

I still wear this all leather belt daily.  It looks a little worn but not like "made in China" and falling apart in two days.

I own of these http://thebestbelt.com/

I've worn it every day for the past 3 years, from office work to hiking in Alaska (where it carried my gun just fine). I'm rough on belts, I sweat on them, I carry a leatherman sheath on it every day, I use it during shooting matches, etc. Except for the permanent shaping of the leather where the buckle bends belt it is in great shape, it buy another in a second if I though I needed another.

It is double layered with nylon core, and tough as hell.

Those of you using Eddie Bauer belts, I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Sportsmans belt. They have them in stores.

I used to work there and bought mine for half off with my discount. Win.

Those of you using Eddie Bauer belts, I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Sportsmans belt. They have them in stores.

I used to work there and bought mine for half off with my discount. Win.

Yeah - doesn't look like mine.  Mine has a solid brass non-roller buckle and one leather keeper not two.  But in any case, a good sturdy belt without breaking my wallet.

I am tired of the laminated, cardboard filled, garbage belts that most big box stores sell... I want a solid one piece leather belt... it is for dress clothes so it can't be some huge massive belt.. 

considering something like this.. but open to suggestions.. 

http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Black-Grooved-Bullhide-Dress-Leather-Belt_p_187.html

They make very nice belts.  I have one a couple years old and it's still like new.  It's the best one that I've owned to date.  I wear it all the time with jeans.  This would be too much with dress clothes, but they make quality belts.

I have this:

http://www.bullhidebelts.com/Black-Wildlife-Bullhide-Belt_p_354.html

Vlad, can you point me in the direction for that belt?

May be perfect for my cargo shorts

http://www.opticsplanet.com/uncle-mike-s-reinforced-instructor-s-belt.html

I believe that is it... Vastly adjustable... Comfortable... And nice and rigid... Close to 3 years of use with close to two years of daily carry