88 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the night before Halloween

• Goosy Night
    • Mischief Night
    • Devils Night
    • Gate Night
    • Cabbage Night
    • Other(please post)

Stemming off the TH/PR thread, be interesting to see what areas call the night before Halloween...I grew up in Elmwood Park(Bergen Co) and always knew it as "Goosy Night." As strange as it may sound, its known about lol.

http://www4.uwm.edu/FLL/linguistics/dialect/staticmaps/q_110.html

Mischief night. It's like a dead holiday now. Use to be fun though. I still remember the year Camden burned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's because toilet papering shit will get you all types of charges vandalism, destruction of property, pain and suffering, psychological trauma, wasting earths precious resources..<insert whiny crybaby society antics> etc etc..

I remember there was a group in town that burnt a couch in the middle of the same street...evvveerrry year for 5 yrs... Wish I knew where they got all those damn couches from. :)

Mischief night. It's like a dead holiday now. Use to be fun though. I still remember the year Camden burned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't they shoot at the responding firemen? 

I grew up in New York, and had not heard of this until moving to New Jersey in late October many years ago.  I had gotten married just a few days earlier.  When my bride informed me that it was "Goosey Night," I got all excited until she explained to me what it was.

Waiting outside with a bright flashlight and a BB Gun night.

I've waited outside in my bushes in camo with the paintball gun. My BB gun will penetrate through a 3/4" piece of plywood- not a good idea to shoot someone with. 

3 years a row the neighbor kid(~12-14 years old at the time) toilet papered our trees and wrote in our driveway with a bar of soap. With the morning dew soaking the toilet paper it made it nearly impossible to get it out of the trees(35ft tall).  He would do it at like 2-3AM, so we didn't find it till about 7AM. 

I waited till about 1:30AM and sure enough he came walking down the street. 

I ended up watching him toss the first roll, and then I shot...nailed him right in the chest. He took off running.  I then went next door and had a chat with his parents.  I banged on the door until they came and answered it.  They both denied he did it, so I asked for him to come and join our conversation.  I then asked his parents, if he wasn't throwing toilet paper into my trees, then why does he have paint all over his sweatshirt?   I just shot a paintball at whoever was toilet papering my trees in the chest, and found this backpack in my driveway with 3 or 4 rolls of toilet paper and a bar of soap, which they identified as his backpack.  They started screaming at him and made him come over and clean it up.  He hasn't done anything since(4 years ago). 

I grew up in New York, and had not heard of this until moving to New Jersey in late October many years ago.  I had gotten married just a few days earlier.  When my bride informed me that it was "Goosey Night," I got all excited until she explained to me what it was.

How did she explain it?

Mischief Night. Every year my friends and I would go out with soap and eggs. My last time out, we egged a police wagon. We thought we were hiding in the shadows until they doubled back and pegged us. They politely approached us and asked if we might have seen any kids throwing eggs, while tapping all our pockets with their sticks. We assured them that it wasn't us. I had to throw out the pants and jacket I had on or risk a beating at home.

. They politely approached us and asked if we might have seen any kids throwing eggs, while tapping all our pockets with their sticks.

God damn genius... +1 popo :)

I get it if eggs ruin your property... and usually its the idiots nowadays that tend to commence in some time old tom foolery, but man look how far we've come.

Mischief Night. Every year my friends and I would go out with soap and eggs. My last time out, we egged a police wagon. We thought we were hiding in the shadows until they doubled back and pegged us. They politely approached us and asked if we might have seen any kids throwing eggs, while tapping all our pockets with their sticks. We assured them that it wasn't us. I had to throw out the pants and jacket I had on or risk a beating at home.

HAHAHA A bunch of my friends and I got caught by the cops one year with about 5 dozen eggs and a bunch of cans of shaving cream and they gave us a choice smash the eggs on our heads and squirt each other with the shaving cream or get into the back of the cruzer. My mom could not even yell at me because she was laughing so hard when I came home that night.

God damn genius... +1 popo :)

I get it if eggs ruin your property... and usually its the idiots nowadays that tend to commence in some time old tom foolery, but man look how far we've come.

Yeah you would be in the back of the car quick now a days. No fun allowed. Kids are criminals.

Yeah you would be in the back of the car quick now a days. No fun allowed. Kids are criminals.

not in the town I grew up in cops still look the other way at toilet paper, eggs and soap on Oct 30 and on July 4th the cops in the town I live in now watch everyone light off fireworks 

Always heard Mischief night..

Didn't they shoot at the responding firemen? 

Threw rocks at for sure and then stole stuff of the trucks.  I was told they would empty all the compartments before going into Camden and just leave hose on the truck.

Always heard Mischief night..

Threw rocks at for sure and then stole stuff of the trucks. I was told they would empty all the compartments before going into Camden and just leave hose on the truck.

Yeah they did shoot at em.

BTW in brooklyn we use to use shaving creme. you break off the tab and that thing shoot like 10 feet.

Remove the standard tab off the shaving cream can and instead, install one from a hair spray aerosol can or the like. Oh the memories...