Sign in to follow this  
tony357

Gun safety instructor accidentally shoots student

Searched no find...

This is not a rerun from Minnesota. Or Virginia. Another instructor accidentally shot a student during a gun safety course, this time in Lancaster, Ohio. Terry Dunlap, 73, was using a handgun as part of a demonstration during a concealed-carry class when he somehow fired a .38 caliber bullet, hitting Michael Piemonte. The 26-year-old, who was attending the class with his wife, says he feels lucky to have only received minor wounds on his arm (and — luckier still — several nurses were taking the same course and were able to immediately stabilize him after the shooting). "I am thankful that it didn't hit my wife or individuals sitting behind me," he said. No charges have been filed.

http://now.msn.com/instructor-terry-dunlap-shot-student-during-gun-safety-course

Searched no find...

This is not a rerun from Minnesota. Or Virginia. Another instructor accidentally shot a student during a gun safety course, this time in Lancaster, Ohio. Terry Dunlap, 73, was using a handgun as part of a demonstration during a concealed-carry class when he somehow fired a .38 caliber bullet, hitting Michael Piemonte. The 26-year-old, who was attending the class with his wife, says he feels lucky to have only received minor wounds on his arm (and — luckier still — several nurses were taking the same course and were able to immediately stabilize him after the shooting). "I am thankful that it didn't hit my wife or individuals sitting behind me," he said. No charges have been filed.

http://now.msn.com/instructor-terry-dunlap-shot-student-during-gun-safety-course

Homer Simpson instructor-types exist, and that's why the NRA instituted their policy of having to force new instructors to go through the basic class they wish to teach in an attempt to cut-down on some/most/all of this BS!  I know instructors who can't hit the broad side of a barn.  I have had them at Matches I run.  Our Homer in this article is probably one of 'em!

RULE #1 for the Classroom:  NO LIVE AMMO IN THE CLASSROOM!

Glad the victim is O-K!  I hope he got his money back, lol!

Dave

NRA Instructor

Shootist

You thought it was inexcusable before...It turns out, this was the SECOND time this instructor accidentally shot a student...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2400838/Time-day-job-Firearms-instructor-accidentally-shoots-SECOND-time.html