svt3183

WTF moment at Dicks

That's Dicks fault..not NJ law. They should always have somebody available to sell ammo. If its not someone in that section then all store managers should have a pink card.

They probably do. They most likely did not want to be bothered.

Had the same experience yesterday evening at their Cherry Hill store.  Was told the guy with the pink card just left (5:30 PM), and that no one else in the store was legally able to sell me ammo.  The manager told me that they were waiting for state approval (pink cards for some of their new employees).  Evidently they had some employee turnover.  I got the guy to put a box aside for me so I can pick it up on Monday, when I am heading that way again.  First time this ever happened to me.

Had the same experience yesterday evening at their Cherry Hill store. Was told the guy with the pink card just left (5:30 PM), and that no one else in the store was legally able to sell me ammo. The manager told me that they were waiting for state approval (pink cards for some of their new employees). Evidently they had some employee turnover. I got the guy to put a box aside for me so I can pick it up on Monday, when I am heading that way again. First time this ever happened to me.

I was at the same store

it's called a  " t " .... use it.

The Grammar Nazi called. He said it's apostrophe + t.... and to please turn in your Spelling Police badge immediately.

As for the topic....

Does Dicks sell only the ammo that applies to the rifles that they sell there, or do they also stock 5.56 there too?

Although maybe I should be more store-specific, since on a recent visit to the Paramus store I didn't really notice any rifles that shoot 5.56 there (then again, I wasn't there for rifle gear, so I only did a quick drive-by past the gun counter).

Anyone know about the Paramus store specifically?

The Grammar Nazi called. He said it's apostrophe + t.... and to please turn in your Spelling Police badge immediately.

As for the topic....

Does Dicks sell only the ammo that applies to the rifles that they sell there, or do they also stock 5.56 there too?

Although maybe I should be more store-specific, since on a recent visit to the Paramus store I didn't really notice any rifles that shoot 5.56 there (then again, I wasn't there for rifle gear, so I only did a quick drive-by past the gun counter).

I don't know about Paramus, but the ones around me get 556, 223, 762x39, etc. regularly

As for the topic....

If they only sold ammo for what they sell it would just be .22LR &12ga. May be a slight exaggeration but not by much. Gun selection is awful. Have seen some strange ammo for sale at the one by me. For example .30cal M1 carbine ammo, LOL. Buyers are really in tune with the state that their store is in...not

I just picked up 1,500 rounds of .22LR from Dicks for $24 per. 500. If you talk to the kids in the firearms department, some are apathetic ("It's just a job") but many are hunters and shooters, and have some good industry gossip.

So, #1 yes, it's a real thing, and #2, everyone please keep boycotting Dicks because have some good deals these days.

If they only sold ammo for what they sell it would just be .22LR &12ga. May be a slight exaggeration but not by much. Gun selection is awful. Have seen some strange ammo for sale at the one by me. For example .30cal M1 carbine ammo, LOL. Buyers are really in tune with the state that their store is in...not

There's a single action revolver that shoots .30 carbine... just saying...

I'm at the ammo counter at Dicks today and an employees says "sorry, we can't sell ammo today." So I ask why and he says "no one working has a license to sell ammo."

WHAT?

Is this a real thing?

Welcome to the "Real World", lol!  Apparently you're showing your lack of gray hair..........and got an edumacation in the process.