njpilot

True Mental Illness

So I go to the store in the shopping center where Chris Smith's Freehold office is located and there's a small group of people standing there with Obummer signs and the "Bus for Progress" bus.

I got out of my car and walked over to see what was on the easel and saw it was a list of names of people signing, I guess, a petition to pressure Smith to vote for gun control.

A woman asked me to sign as I turned to walk away and I said for what? She started to say gun.... and I said yeah, I'm for guns, I'm for gun rights.

She followed me and called to me and asked if she could talk to me and ask me about guns because she never met anyone who owned guns.

She said she lived in Asbury/Neptune and there were a lot of kids with guns. 

As you can guess we couldn't have a reasonable conversation because no matter what I said to try and educate her, her mental illness would come out.

When i mentioned what the 2A guaranteed us, she said "what about my right to life?" 

When I tried to educate her about why gun registration is bad and what has happened in history with Germany, Russia, China and Burma, no answer.

I told her of how people have saved themselves or others from harm by have a firearm and she said she never heard of such a thing. I told her she gets her news from the wrong place.

When I told her more kids die every year in pools and more people die in car accidents, but we don't advocate getting rid of cars or pools, her only answer was, well, your car is registered, isn't it? Why not your guns.

She said the only things guns are for is for killing or hurting people. I said I have lots of guns for many years and have never shot anyone. She kept saying "your guns kill people". I said, "no, my guns never killed anyone".

As I went to leave, she said she wanted to speak to me cause she never spoke to anyone who owned and gun and the only reason I owned guns was to kill someone.

I told her that was her mental illness talking and walked away.

Unbelievable. Anyone who says it isn't a mental illness is clueless or in denial.

post-1236-0-87553300-1378489440_thumb.jpg

MDA were in Flemington this past weekend doing their lemonade stand thing and some NJ2AS members set up a counter ice tea stand and one of the MDA ladies told one of the NJ2AS guys she "hoped his kids get shot."

I never met a "nice" Progressive.  Scratch them a little and they go fascist on you.

Interesting.  I took a look at their website,  They state that:

We asked our members to help us determine the agenda. They voted on a host of issues, and identified the following top 7:

1. Fight back against climate change. Support policies to reduce carbon emissions. Tell the scientific truths! Fight Fracking, Tar Sands, Mountain Top Mining and other destructive and carbon intensive activities.
  2. Limit the influence of money in politics. Fight to reverse the Citizens United. Support campaign finance reform.
  3. Protect a woman's right to reproductive choice. Supporting family planning, education and easy access to health services.
  4. Protect the environment, including clean air, water, wildlife habitat and land preservation. Protect the EPA, and prevent the weakening of environmental regulations.
  5. Support health care reform. Implement ObamaCare. Fight for real health care reform with universal single payer or public option.
  6. Protect civil liberties. Strengthen oversight of the NSA. End the Patriot Act.
  7. Protect voting rights. Stop the laws that make it difficult for minorities, elderly and poor citizens to vote. Require electronic voting machines to have verifiable, paper backup.

I am having a tough time understanding how they want to "Protect Civil Liberties", yet deny the Second Amendment.  

I guess the woman you were talking to was free-lancing   :)

Interesting.  I took a look at their website,  They state that:

We asked our members to help us determine the agenda. They voted on a host of issues, and identified the following top 7:

1. Fight back against climate change. Support policies to reduce carbon emissions. Tell the scientific truths! Fight Fracking, Tar Sands, Mountain Top Mining and other destructive and carbon intensive activities.
  2. Limit the influence of money in politics. Fight to reverse the Citizens United. Support campaign finance reform.
  3. Protect a woman's right to reproductive choice. Supporting family planning, education and easy access to health services.
  4. Protect the environment, including clean air, water, wildlife habitat and land preservation. Protect the EPA, and prevent the weakening of environmental regulations.
  5. Support health care reform. Implement ObamaCare. Fight for real health care reform with universal single payer or public option.
  6. Protect civil liberties. Strengthen oversight of the NSA. End the Patriot Act.
  7. Protect voting rights. Stop the laws that make it difficult for minorities, elderly and poor citizens to vote. Require electronic voting machines to have verifiable, paper backup.

I am having a tough time understanding how they want to "Protect Civil Liberties", yet deny the Second Amendment.  

I guess the woman you were talking to was free-lancing   :)

Yeah, the bus for progress group wants immigration deal. Says it will save $850M.

Progessives are progressive. Hate what the Constitution stands for.

Interesting how the left cares about children, yet #3 ensures more dead children than firearms and poison gas combined.

Funny how they are all up in arms about chemical weapons in syria when chemicals have killed more unborn babies than people in syria. 

MDA were in Flemington this past weekend doing their lemonade stand thing and some NJ2AS members set up a counter ice tea stand and one of the MDA ladies told one of the NJ2AS guys she "hoped his kids get shot."

This is not the first time I've heard of them making those kinds of comments. Maybe those NJ2AS guys, or anybody planning on having a "conversation" with those "Morons Demand Stupid Stuff", RECORD the conversation. Voice activated pocket recorders, or even cell phone apps, work pretty well, and could go unnoticed by some of these idiots when worked up in such an emotional frenzy. I'm SURE there are plenty of media outlets that would love to get something juicy like that. For that matter, make sure to forward it to any of the politicians they are trying to influence, to let said politicians know just what kind of extremist they are contemplating "getting in bed with". Aligning themselves with people frothing at the mouth, advocating and encouraging child murder, will not look good for said politician's election efforts.

Buutttt, to be even more effective, don't "out" them right away. Wait until you have several of them, at several events, saying similar types of comments. Perhaps even one of their "leaders" can be caught in such a manner. This will make it clear that it was not an anomaly, attributable to a "rogue" "mom" moron, but rather an established and accepted belief/position representative of the whole group. This will hammer their credibility. By "outing" them all at once, it also denies them the opportunity to close ranks and warn their members not to make any further comments.

Interesting how the left cares about children, yet #3 ensures more dead children than firearms and poison gas combined.

Funny how they are all up in arms about chemical weapons in syria when chemicals have killed more unborn babies than people in syria. 

all that you have to say is I'll give up my guns when you give up your right to abortion and see what happens then.  Liken it to this, I've actually done this and it worked for me.

Uggh. This is why we can never have nice things......

Seriously, these are two totally separate issues (gun control/abortion- which is clearly what the first two quote were also referring to as well). Do you not realize that you may very well be turning off/turning away potential 2A/gun rights supporters and/or possible "converts" when you try to link 2 unconnected "hot button" issues?

Things are not so black and white, with 2 distinct "sides" with clearly defined positions that never "cross-over", despite there still being only 2 viable (having the ability to regularly get their candidates elected) political parties. There are a lot of "independents" and so-called "moderates" that can/do vote across party lines, sometimes vote for 3rd party candidates, or even choose to not vote at all for lack of an acceptable candidate.

People are often complex, with widely varying viewpoints, on a variety of subjects. They simply refuse to fit in a neat little box, no matter how hard you try to stuff them in it. Just as law makers should stop trying to sneak unrelated "attachments" onto bills, we ( as in the whole of the populace) should stop trying to connect dots that don't connect. This isn't about "abortion rights", or "gay rights", 1st Amendment issues, or "gun rights". Its about RIGHTS- period. Its about the government running roughshod and trampling individual liberty. Those at the top are loving all the arguing back and forth. Divide and conquer, pitting one group against the other. We're all too busy fighting each other to see what's really going on. "They" don'y really care about Republican vs Democrat, etc.. Those names/labels are just tools they use to keep us distracted. What "they" are really about is taking/keeping "control" for themselves, slowly but surely. What needs to happen is for everyone to "bite the bullet", and join together to fight to protect ALL rights from government intrusion. Advocating for someone else to be denied THEIR rights, while claiming yours are untouchable is disingenuous and hypocritical. Such a person is no better then the "other side". Much like the two major political parties. Its basically two different varieties of the same rotten apple. Whether the decaying rotting fruit put on the plate and served to you is a "granny smith" or a "Delicious" makes no difference. It still stinks.

Seriously, these are two totally separate issues (gun control/abortion- which is clearly what the first two quote were also referring to as well). Do you not realize that you may very well be turning off/turning away potential 2A/gun rights supporters and/or possible "converts" when you try to link 2 unconnected "hot button" issues?

Things are not so black and white, with 2 distinct "sides" with clearly defined positions that never "cross-over", despite there still being only 2 viable (having the ability to regularly get their candidates elected) political parties. There are a lot of "independents" and so-called "moderates" that can/do vote across party lines, sometimes vote for 3rd party candidates, or even choose to not vote at all for lack of an acceptable candidate.

People are often complex, with widely varying viewpoints, on a variety of subjects. They simply refuse to fit in a neat little box, no matter how hard you try to stuff them in it. Just as law makers should stop trying to sneak unrelated "attachments" onto bills, we ( as in the whole of the populace) should stop trying to connect dots that don't connect. This isn't about "abortion rights", or "gay rights", 1st Amendment issues, or "gun rights". Its about RIGHTS- period. Its about the government running roughshod and trampling individual liberty. Those at the top are loving all the arguing back and forth. Divide and conquer, pitting one group against the other. We're all too busy fighting each other to see what's really going on. "They" don'y really care about Republican vs Democrat, etc.. Those names/labels are just tools they use to keep us distracted. What "they" are really about is taking/keeping "control" for themselves, slowly but surely. What needs to happen is for everyone to "bite the bullet", and join together to fight to protect ALL rights from government intrusion. Advocating for someone else to be denied THEIR rights, while claiming yours are untouchable is disingenuous and hypocritical. Such a person is no better then the "other side". Much like the two major political parties. Its basically two different varieties of the same rotten apple. Whether the decaying rotting fruit put on the plate and served to you is a "granny smith" or a "Delicious" makes no difference. It still stinks.

+1

Wish we had a thumbs up button.

wrong....8ts about respecting choices we dont agree with. I uses this tact to success with antis more than you can imagine

wrong....8ts about respecting choices we dont agree with. I uses this tact to success with antis more than you can imagine

I guess I misunderstood your intent. Basically this is the same thing I was trying to say.

Still, your tactic could backfire. What if they are anti-abortion as well, and respond with a "Sounds good. I'll take that deal"?

I guess I misunderstood your intent. Basically this is the same thing I was trying to say.

Still, your tactic could backfire. What if they are anti-abortion as well, and respond with a "Sounds good. I'll take that deal"?

my tactic works and has worked in negotiations for centuries.  You guys are missing the way it works here and are being every bit as narrowly focused as they are...respectfully.  You take something that they know is controversial but support and apply it to their way of thinking.  I have had countless discussions where antis have walked away agreeing, it's my choice.....

if they took it, I'd say pass it first and then we'll see....lol

So I go to the store in the shopping center where Chris Smith's Freehold office is located and there's a small group of people standing there with Obummer signs and the "Bus for Progress" bus.

I got out of my car and walked over to see what was on the easel and saw it was a list of names of people signing, I guess, a petition to pressure Smith to vote for gun control.

A woman asked me to sign as I turned to walk away and I said for what? She started to say gun.... and I said yeah, I'm for guns, I'm for gun rights.

She followed me and called to me and asked if she could talk to me and ask me about guns because she never met anyone who owned guns.

She said she lived in Asbury/Neptune and there were a lot of kids with guns. 

As you can guess we couldn't have a reasonable conversation because no matter what I said to try and educate her, her mental illness would come out.

When i mentioned what the 2A guaranteed us, she said "what about my right to life?" 

When I tried to educate her about why gun registration is bad and what has happened in history with Germany, Russia, China and Burma, no answer.

I told her of how people have saved themselves or others from harm by have a firearm and she said she never heard of such a thing. I told her she gets her news from the wrong place.

When I told her more kids die every year in pools and more people die in car accidents, but we don't advocate getting rid of cars or pools, her only answer was, well, your car is registered, isn't it? Why not your guns.

She said the only things guns are for is for killing or hurting people. I said I have lots of guns for many years and have never shot anyone. She kept saying "your guns kill people". I said, "no, my guns never killed anyone".

As I went to leave, she said she wanted to speak to me cause she never spoke to anyone who owned and gun and the only reason I owned guns was to kill someone.

I told her that was her mental illness talking and walked away.

Unbelievable. Anyone who says it isn't a mental illness is clueless or in denial.

Not sure why you are wasting your time.People have ingrained beliefs and your 5 min-ed-session isn't going to change that. It is called mass programing...On Hanity last night they had 7 libs and 7 conserves students from top universities. The libs out talked the consrv kids by quite a margin. What did the say? The same thing that Nancy Pilocy and other grown-up libs say. It was like a recoring. -To a "T". While gun control wasn't talked about, all the usual propaganda about big-gov't, big gov-programs, gov't health care, police keep us safe, high taxes are ok, social programs, etc was spouted as if the 7 colledge age libs were rofessional talking heads. While their reasoning made (no) sense, I was impressed how they articilated their message (actually it was "scarry")...Beliefs usually change in one or two ways. Gradually, over continuing development of the concious mind leading to greater awarness; or through a life changing event.

Not sure why you are wasting your time.People have ingrained beliefs and your 5 min-ed-session isn't going to change that. It is called mass programing...On Hanity last night they had 7 libs and 7 conserves students from top universities. The libs out talked the consrv kids by quite a margin. What did the say? The same thing that Nancy Pilocy and other grown-up libs say. It was like a recoring. -To a "T". While gun control wasn't talked about, all the usual propaganda about big-gov't, big gov-programs, gov't health care, police keep us safe, high taxes are ok, social programs, etc was spouted as if the 7 colledge age libs were rofessional talking heads. While their reasoning made (no) sense, I was impressed how they articilated their message (actually it was "scarry")...Beliefs usually change in one or two ways. Gradually, over continuing development of the concious mind leading to greater awarness; or through a life changing event.

Ha

My wife had to turn it off, I was out

My bil in RI called today said he wished he could smack a couple of them into reality

Glad I missed it

It's like convincing a Catholic to become a Protestant. Or Vs.Vs. It doesn't work. The best thing to do is educate your kids as to what the Bill of Rights are. I'm not sure that will work anymore, since they don't teach the Constitution in school. I give up.

you need to get involved and go to BOE meetings.  In fact, every parent ought to attend as many of these as possible.  Not only does the BOE control a majority of the funds in your town but the future direction of your child's education.  You, the parent, are the last line of defense against agendas.  Believe me, BOE listens to parents far more than they do teacher unions.