bignic83

Man killed on range by boy with trainer present.

We all know what went wrong here. People treating firearms like nerf guns. I mean she walked in front of the rifle to take a picture of the kid holding it. That's insane ignoring the fact that she didn't even check to see if it was empty.

Baloney.

1. All guns cleared and left on the table while people are downrange. No touching the guns.

2. All guns pointed downrange at all times.

Nothing strict about any of that. Anything else is bs. It's pretty simple.

Agree pretty simple, however people screw this up all the time.  Unfortunately when you have a long line like at CR can't always see what others are doing at the opposite end.  I really appreciate the job RO's do, have been there on many occations where someone walks up to the bench while the range is safe and the RO is on them.

Was at the range last week (Not CR), and had a member's guest walk out across the line while the line was hot to sweep up brass while I was about to shoot.  Caught him in corner of my eye and went ballistic....

Not to change subjects but, does anyone still think the ROs at CR are a little too strict? Now you see why....?

:D 

Exactly same crossed my mind when I finished watching this video. 

That's why discipline must be high and rules strict. 

No "it wasn't dangerous at the moment", no "just once", no "it's MEEE we are talking about..."

I was about to say was I the only guy who noticed that this happened is Russia.

Nope, tried not to critique them out of respect.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Agree pretty simple, however people screw this up all the time.  Unfortunately when you have a long line like at CR can't always see what others are doing at the opposite end.  I really appreciate the job RO's do, have been there on many occations where someone walks up to the bench while the range is safe and the RO is on them.

Was at the range last week (Not CR), and had a member's guest walk out across the line while the line was hot to sweep up brass while I was about to shoot.  Caught him in corner of my eye and went ballistic....

To be fair, there isn't actually ANY rule in regards to the benches during a cease fire. In my case getting screamed at for simply dropping a small pack of targets on a empty bench while passing it to set up the target frame. The rules are in regards to firearms during a ceasefire. They could show a little discretion. Also got yelled at for leaning the target frame against the bench... It is a pretty stupid rule when you got RO's ripping you out for such petty shit that has nothing to do with safety. If an RO has to tell you to keep away from the bench with a gun on it, you should get written up.

There is rule about crossing the yellow line. 

Wen red light is on - DON'T. Doesn't matter is someone is special and only needs to put on/take from the bench. Just  don't cross the line - it's the RULE. 

Stop making BS excuses. 

There is rule about crossing the yellow line. 

Wen red light is on - DON'T. Doesn't matter is someone is special and only needs to put on/take from the bench. Just  don't cross the line - it's the RULE. 

Stop making BS excuses. 

What? during a ceasefire you can cross any line that you want. to establish and relieve one you must be behind the yellow line. How are you supposed to change your target without crossing it?

Changing target is an exception, you walk straight without touching nothing on the bench. If you stay behind - don't cross the yellow line. 

Every time ROs announce 1 minute to target change they specifically remind to take from the bench everything you need for the change. 

Range holds new member meeting first Sunday every month, stop by and listen to the rules again. 

The rules are written right on the website, i understood what was said during orientation the first time. I didn't take anything off the bench didn't touch the bench. I showed up in the middle of a target change. I walked out to set up the stand and as i passed the bench i dropped a small pack of targets on it.. I don't mind the fact they want you away from the bench and i wouldn't argue otherwise, but the reaction i was given was equal to throwing a gun into the next lane.

The rules are written right on the website, i understood what was said during orientation the first time. I didn't take anything off the bench didn't touch the bench. I showed up in the middle of a target change. I walked out to set up the stand and as i passed the bench i dropped a small pack of targets on it.. I don't mind the fact they want you away from the bench and i wouldn't argue otherwise, but the reaction i was given was equal to throwing a gun into the next lane.

I got yelled at, at SJSC for loading a magazine at a workbench(15ft from firing bench/guns).  I started when the line was still hot(I finished shooting before everyone else), left my rifle on the firing bench, on safe, no magazine, chamber open and clear, they went cold/safe in the middle of me loading a mag over at the workbench, and the RSO came over and yelled at me for loading the magazine.  He went on try to explain some rule(that doesn't exist anywhere I've found), that you're not allowed to reload rifle magazines on the 50yd range when the range is cold, but you're allowed to reload pistol magazines on the 25yard range when the range is cold.  I told him "that doesn't make any sense..."  He told me "rules are rules" and walked away. 

I really don't see any issue with loading magazines when away from the gun, and away from the firing bench. 

To be fair, there isn't actually ANY rule in regards to the benches during a cease fire. In my case getting screamed at for simply dropping a small pack of targets on a empty bench while passing it to set up the target frame. The rules are in regards to firearms during a ceasefire. They could show a little discretion. Also got yelled at for leaning the target frame against the bench... It is a pretty stupid rule when you got RO's ripping you out for such petty shit that has nothing to do with safety. If an RO has to tell you to keep away from the bench with a gun on it, you should get written up.

They want to keep people off the bench period during cease fire even for small things like dropping targets on an empty bench. Makes people out changing targets uncomfortable when people touch the bench. I am one of them. Sorry you got yelled at, it's happened to all of us at one point in time. I got over it.

Had one scenario that I didn't catch too much hell for. A brisk wind kicked in out of no where and started to blow my extra paper targets all over. I'd like to believe that certain things should not be pissed about. Gathered them up and threw them back on the bench. Comment was made and I said give me a break for crise sakes.. heh....