NYMetsFan86

CDNN Sports has 10 and 15rd pinned mags $8.99

I'm assuming all they did was put a Rivet to stop the follower from dropping below 15 rounds..

In a perfect world that sounds great, NJ IS NOT PERFECT. I saying this is in NO WAY LEGAL.

Definately see where your coming from Steve. I guess they saw the demand and had to get there hand in ASAP cant say i blame them....If anything i would think the visible rivet is more satisfying to an LEO that wants to check your mag.

Would this mag not have to be destroyed in order to remove the pin?

....don't shoot the messanger lol

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly
therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

This is what NJ defines as a "Large cap mag" I think you might be walking a fine line if stopped and saving the couple bucks might not be worth the thousands in legal fees and losing your firearms. I wouldn't chance it.

epoxy the bottom

does not fit the legal definition and do not rely on this

or you guys could buy my metal 10 rounders in the for sale section:)

I would agree with Rutgers95 on this. If you epoxy the bottom you could still drill out the rivet you would exceed the 15 round limit. IMO you would illegal. I can vouch for the these mags. Double the price but it will keep you legal and they are good quality. http://www.colddeadhands.com/accessories.html

EDIT: Or you can buy Rutgers and make him happy.

I would agree with Rutgers95 on this. If you epoxy the bottom you could still drill out the rivet you would exceed the 15 round limit. IMO you would illegal. I can vouch for the these mags. Double the price but it will keep you legal and they are good quality. http://www.colddeadhands.com/accessories.html

EDIT: Or you can buy Rutgers and make him happy.

me too, I have a bunch of them and they are great mags!

and agree, you can make me happy too.....lol

somebody with better writing skills should drop them a line or two ...

if they were going for NJ market, they def need a better understanding of the laws here ...

So how do you all know its just a rivet?  You would think they would look into the NJ law before mass producing these right?  Educate me I'm the idiot who ordered it lol...

IF his blocking method is just a Pop rivet then hes not aware of NJ laws.  to epoxy the bottom does nothing.

if they are internally blocked then why the external rivet. They need to be blocked and sealed from being opened. Opening them would damage the magazine and render it inoperable.

I would stay away from these. but hey to save 10 bucks it might be worth it for some people.

IF his blocking method is just a Pop rivet then hes not aware of NJ laws.  to epoxy the bottom does nothing.

if they are internally blocked then why the external rivet. They need to be blocked and sealed from being opened. Opening them would damage the magazine and render it inoperable.

I would stay away from these. but hey to save 10 bucks it might be worth it for some people.

Do you have a special insight to NJ law?   The law is so vague that you cannot voice your opinion as an authority.  At least qualify your statement as saying "in your opinion"  Virtually any "NJ legal" magazine can be modified to be illegal.

Ive seen worst example of legal mags lol. I woildnt waste my time on these

I agree they look like garbage.

I use these for $16 and they are flawless, They are lanced to prevent the follower from moving all the way down...But somebody will probably say they are illegal...LOL

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/334509/ar-stoner-magazine-ar-15-223-remington-15-round-with-anti-tilt-follower-stainless-steel-black

Do you have a special insight to NJ law?   The law is so vague that you cannot voice your opinion as an authority.  At least qualify your statement as saying "in your opinion"  Virtually any "NJ legal" magazine can be modified to be illegal.

+1000000.  Any "NJ Legal" 15rd mag can be modified to hold one or two more by taking the mag apart and shaving off the follower and then reassembling.  This guessing game can be taken to extremes.  What if you cut a mag that has been welded, trim the follower and duct tape, epoxy or weld it together to hold 16 or more?  This can be done with all 15rd mags.  What is the definitive answer?  My guess is that there is no definitive answer.  

+1000000.  Any "NJ Legal" 15rd mag can be modified to hold one or two more by taking the mag apart and shaving off the follower and then reassembling.  This guessing game can be taken to extremes.  What if you cut a mag that has been welded, trim the follower and duct tape, epoxy or weld it together to hold 16 or more?  This can be done with all 15rd mags.  What is the definitive answer?  My guess is that there is no definitive answer.  

Thank you! 

The Admin Code still doesn't address permanent. Is a pin a roll pin? A pop rivet is most certainly not a pin. Has the law established that a pop rivet is a pin? I don't believe that to be the case.