Steve_G

New Springfield RO

Sweet!!  I like the upgrades.  What kind of front sight is that?  My Loaded came with 3-dot Novaks and I've been toying with the idea of changing just the front sight.

That's a Dawson fiber optic front.

Got my 1911 Dan Wesson today Steve, maybe I will find some mags and use it for Static Steel soon.

You can always share my Tripp mags or have Nick bring the mags from his Trojan.

Does the picture get the colors right because they look more brown. Love them in those shots. It's been a toss up on which ones. I was looking at those and the alien ones for my Colt gov...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Does the picture get the colors right because they look more brown. Love them in those shots. It's been a toss up on which ones. I was looking at those and the alien ones for my Colt gov... Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD Typos courtesy Apple...

That pic was off a bit, phone pic. Here is one from my camera, the color in this one is about right.

007.jpg

That pic was off a bit, phone pic. Here is one from my camera, the color in this one is about right.

Posted Image

Thanx... Nice!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I was going to ask you guys what mags to run in this gun. Maybe we should a 1911 day sometime!  :)

You're gonna have to see what mags work best in that DW. Tripps work great in my S&W, they didn't work for Jeremy's Springer. Mine came with Wilson ETM's but they were difficult to seat. They didn't work for Nick either.

By the way, everyday is 1911 day!!!

I was going to ask you guys what mags to run in this gun. Maybe we should a 1911 day sometime!  :)

Mike --  Borrow mags the 1st  time out and see what works --  Is it 9mm or .45acp?

The 9mm springer was picky  --  Finally settled on dawsons mags after trying a bunch of different ones -- steve's tripps got hung up on the mag release

In 45 I've never had problems with wilsons either 47d's or the etms

A 1911 day would definitely be better than that snubby disaster last time out

Nice gun Steve -- where the corners taken off that frame, or is the shaving an illusion made by adding the smith and alexander mainspring housing/mag well

I'll see it Sunday --  Don't have time to shoot but will stop by -- got some bullets to pick up

Mike --  Borrow mags the 1st  time out and see what works --  Is it 9mm or .45acp? We were talking about his new Dan Wesson PM9 - 9mm.

The 9mm springer was picky  --  Finally settled on dawsons mags after trying a bunch of different ones -- steve's tripps got hung up on the mag release

In 45 I've never had problems with wilsons either 47d's or the etms

A 1911 day would definitely be better than that snubby disaster last time out Anything would be better than that mess.

Nice gun Steve -- where the corners taken off that frame, or is the shaving an illusion made by adding the smith and alexander mainspring housing/mag well Just an illusion from the magwell.

I'll see it Sunday --  Don't have time to shoot but will stop by -- got some bullets to pick up IbejiHeads? Let me know how they work out, would be nice to eliminate shipping.

Great looking!  Did you change the safety?  Or is that stock?

Man the grips and magwell made all the difference.  

It's still classy with a touch of "tacticool" to it.  Congrats.

Steve, why that particular 1911? I want more, don't know what to get next............ I do like my Springfield. My Para, well, when it finally feed correctly maybe..........

Why the RO? Easy. I didn't have a black one, everybody needs a black one.

I went with the RO because it is a very good base gun for competition. A lot of hand fitting from Springfield, basically a TRP without all the bells and whistles. I was going to send the TRP in for some work but decided I didn't want to mess with that one. The RO is cheap enough that I don't mind messing with it. I chose Springfield because the very first handgun I shot was a Springfield GI 1911, loved it then and still love them now. I plan to have the front strap checkering, ambi safety, trigger work and maybe a 10-8 flat trigger installed this winter. I may also have all the MIM parts replaced while it's with Springfield custom shop. Probably a better finish as well. I need to find someone with a flat trigger to see if I like it, would also like to find someone with a gold bead front sight to try out.