Sign in to follow this  
Newtonian

Warning Point

I received a warning point for changing a couple of letters in the surname of a recently deceased U.S. Senator from NJ. It's kind of embarrassing since I don't see anyone else with a warning point. Does this mark of Beelzebub ever go away? Can I get rid of it by saying a rosary? 

SatanCapitalHill.jpg

You typically only see your own, so it's hardly a scarlet letter.  Banned under your name, that's another story.

On another forum I was a moderator on, I know that the forum would tell you your warning level (increments of 20, up to 100) or if your account was suspended, and for how long.  The first and second warning, most people wouldn't get a suspension.  When a regular member and friend intentionally misbehaved to mess with me after already having a few warnings, I suspended him for 202 years just to mess with him.  He was surprised, to say the least.  Of course, I reinstated him a day or two later...

On one of the forums I used to moderate we would just banish troublemakers to the basement.  We made them their own forum to raise hell in.  Once you did your time in the basement you where let out again.  While in the basement that was the only section you cold post in. Three strike rule applied.  After the 3rd trip to the basement you where done.  I personally think that was more fun than warning points.

Ken

There are numerous other forums to belong to being banned from one is not going to ruin my day.

As a matter of fact, i may get banned from here soon because i want to go off on some of the big mouths

on here. For now i will bite my tongue since most are ignorant to their arrogance .

Do warning points go on your permanent record?

Never know...towns Might add an additional form in the permit application process asking for lists of forums and screen names and forms similar to the employer ones sent to forum owners...lol

There are numerous other forums to belong to being banned from one is not going to ruin my day.

As a matter of fact, i may get banned from here soon because i want to go off on some of the big mouths

on here. For now i will bite my tongue since most are ignorant to their arrogance .

take it to the litterbox and go for it

Don't take it too hard.  It happens.  Only yourself and moderators/staff can see your warning points.  If you start racking up the points like crazy with abusive/improper behavior, you can get suspended or even permanently banned, depending on the severity of the incident(s)...

True but forums are a nice way to interact with others locally and nationally. 

Most places wont prevent you from voicing your opinions (though some topics are off limits), it usually just comes down to how one does it. 

Just clean up the language and do you best not to be sarcastic.  Say what you want to say and hope for a good discussion/debate. 

IMHO, its nice to have people with different opinions or perspectives. :)  

Freedom loving New Jerseyians need to stick together.  Theres strength in numbers. 

I would say stick around.  :)