Jim Norman

OBCATS February Match

Web page Obcats.com says: "Well it is February. MAYBE, just maybe we will have a match this month. Registration will open on February 17th after 7pm."  But where is the link, I must be having brain disconnect as I cannot find the registration link.

Ain't gonna be too much Runnin' and Gunnin' in 2 FEET of snow.......and Parking will be NUTZ!

I hope for lots of golden sunshine to melt all this white stuff so you guys can have some FUN!

Dave

Supposed to be pretty warm all week and some rain thrown in.

I think a lot of snow will melt.

I'm more worried about mud than snow.  

Yeah it will likely be a sloppy mess. I'm out anyway,hoping to make it out to CJ in March. Gotta work on a stage design.

If the snow doesn't melt there is any chance to make this a rifle match? Just an idea....

The primary obstacle is parking. That has to be viable to do something. Even if it all melts, the ground may be too soft. 

OK, When I put the info on OBCATS I GOOFED! It was supposed to be the 18th. Soooooo, as of five minutes ago the link is up.

Now that said, I was at the range yesterday and I could NOT plow the road. The heavy snow lying on top of the ice was too much. THe pits are supposedly 18-24" deep in the pits. I do not think that this will melt sufficeiently to have a match. We will update you all Saturday. Trust me on this. I AM SICK OF SNOW!

Might be a good excuse to have another Classifier event.  If it's too icy, we can shoot classifiers from the fixed positions.   :icon_eek:

A classifier match requires approval. Probably could get it, but like I said previously the primary obstacle is access and parking. If it is still remotely like my back yard, we aren't getting people parked and the buggy moving. 

With the location of the outdoor range, surrounded by woods, temps are a little bit cooler than in most Central Jersey areas. I doubt we will have a rapid snow melt in the next few days.

Has anybody ventured to the range to take a peek?