DJNEB

Indoor range allowing for 7.62 shooting?

I am interested in purchasing an AK style rifle in 7.62x39, anyone know an indoor range that allows for this caliber that do not require a membership?  I am in central NJ and currently go to ready aim fire in PA.  Thanks in advance! 

While on the subject, anyone know what these rounds will run me cost wise?  just curious.  Thanks!

If you can make the trip I'd highly recommend the woodland park range by gun for hire.  I shoot my wasr there all the time at the 50yd range.  

Open to the public and i think their hourly rate is $25 for the 50yd... worth every penny IMO.  I use golden tiger 7.62x39 ammo almost exclusively and they have no problems with it.

Cant wait to go try out my BCM AR goodies there when its finished next week!

Do these ranges allow for the same lane to be used across all firearms? I would like to also bring my rifle (22lr) and shotgun (12gauge)

RTSP does. They have a rifle port side (25yard) and a hand gun port room (15yard), the long gun side you can shoot anything hand gun or rifle up to .308 from one lane. No steel core rounds, tracers, or bird shot is the only restriction. But its an indoor facility so that's pretty much the norm everywhere.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Brick Armory allows walk ons and you can shoot whatcha brought.

A bit further south, but brand spanking new and super nice, is Shooters, just off of Exit 58 on GSP in Tucerton. Walk ons allowed (you must take a short safety briefing) and they allow 7.62.

Shoot what you want where you can. Dont worry about anybody else.

I agree ...but also we SHOULD try and be more courteous amongst ourselves and help grow a feeling of "community" that really is already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullet Hole in Belleville lets you shoot just about any gun. Some ammo restrictions: no armor piercing, incendiary, tracer, steal core [& maybe bird shot].

$15/hr pistol, $20/hr long gun. 1/2 hr increments available.

Lanes are 23 yards.

EDIT: I've been there when it's slow and wasn't held to the hour.

I agree ...but also we SHOULD try and be more courteous amongst ourselves and help grow a feeling of "community" that really is already there.

agreed, but lets be honest.. if you dont want to hear loud BANGS happening 20 feet from you, then you probably shouldn't be shooting at an indoor firing range.. i agree that shooting a rifle indoors is not exactly ideal though..  but just to get a feel for it, i can understand it

agreed. Brick armory you can shoot the ak, and they aren't strict about lane times and pretty laid back as a whole. 

If you cant handle the noise in a gun range then you probably should be there. go out have a good time and shoot all you can!

Handling the noise in a gun range, and having a comp blasting in your face 3 feet away are 2 completely different things..I don't think its good range etiquette to bring a firearm that specifically blasts your range neighbor indoors. Personally I couldn't care, just had one do it to me Sunday. It's just turns into a who can be louder effort, and I usually know that i'll probably end up using much more ammo.

Handling the noise in a gun range, and having a comp blasting in your face 3 feet away are 2 completely different things..I don't think its good range etiquette to bring a firearm that specifically blasts your range neighbor indoors. Personally I couldn't care, just had one do it to me Sunday. It's just turns into a who can be louder effort, and I usually know that i'll probably end up using much more ammo.

I don't know.

I get that the comp/brake directs  the noise and blast out the sides, where other people are shooting, but how loud does it really get?

AK/AR= 155dB

357 mag = 164dB

That's nearly 10x louder. Even 38, 380, 9 and 45 are louder than modern battle rifles. 

http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_gunfirenoise.shtml

I don't know.

I get that the comp/brake directs  the noise and blast out the sides, where other people are shooting, but how loud does it really get?

AK/AR= 155dB

357 mag = 164dB

That's nearly 10x louder. Even 38, 380, 9 and 45 are louder than modern battle rifles. 

http://www.freehearingtest.com/hia_gunfirenoise.shtml

When it directs gas to the sides its not bad, but to the 3 and 9 o'clock positions it gets down right annoying. I'm not the type of person who flinches easily, especially after getting accustomed to the blast in the range. But i noticed myself getting  smacked with the percussion wave pretty bad. With plugs and muffs on it's not the noise that bothers you. barrels with out comps direct all that energy forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol sorry you can't afford big boy guns! Buy double hearing protection to all the 7.62 whiners

Shoot what you want where you can. Dont worry about anybody else.

Exactly why Nj is one of the worst states in the nation. Not only corrupt dishonest politicians but the people in general are rude ,inconsiderate and self absorbed.

There is no cohesiveness even in the pro 2A crowd. Absolutely shoot what you want, but keep in mind you may be on the other side of the fence one day in some aspect of life.

You get what you give.

Exactly why Nj is one of the worst states in the nation. Not only corrupt dishonest politicians but the people in general are rude ,inconsiderate and self absorbed.

There is no cohesiveness even in the pro 2A crowd. Absolutely shoot what you want, but keep in mind you may be on the other side of the fence one day in some aspect of life.

You get what you give.

+1

When it directs gas to the sides its not bad, but to the 3 and 9 o'clock positions it gets down right annoying.

Umm, aren't 3 and 9 o'clock the sides ?

Personally I like it, guy was shooting a ported DE .50 next to me a couple of weeks ago , I swear it was worse than an AR, just made me smile

You get what you give.

You forgot whining too. If i do something and it gets done back to me at some point which will happen then i cant complain. Shooting options are limited and most people can only shoot indoors so they have to do what they do. People complain about everything so stop worrying and enjoy your shoot session.