Albanian

Thread slain by SCOTUS.

Ive carried so many guns in different holsters. I am constantly changing. Started with a p250 compact, then a kahr cm9, xd sc 9, para tac 5 is my current official carry but some cycling issues have it back in the evaluation stages until I feel comfortable with iits reliability again. I want to get an xds 9 to replace my cm9 which I have up for sale. I even carry a small j frame at times in an ankle holster for a backup on duty. Have yet to find the most comfortable setup

How do you like the 250? Any issues?

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

All seriousness aside, I will hope that my Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum or .38 sp, and the experience gained by shooting 2000 rounds through it, will see me through. When that runs out (5 rounds) I'll turn to my ever-trusty, never failing German Makarov, which NEVER fails. 9 more rounds. If by some miracle we get good news in the fall I'll get a short-barrel GP100. If by then I'm still in trouble by then I'll get on my knees and pray.

I've tried every way of concealing my 3" GP. In winter clothes, it's easy to do, but too heavy for my tastes. In the summer, still doable, but even less comfortable.

My 2.25 SP101- with the holster below, appendix carried- just disappears. No print, even wearing just a white tee.

Which is why I said LCRx. Same five rounds of .38 out of a short barrel, but in an even smaller, lighter package. 

... the fact that practice time at the range for me is limited, once every two to three months usually and only a few hundred rounds each of those trips. Meaning my accuracy isn't the best and having more rounds would be better for me.

Idk if everyone is blinded by the idea of NJ CCW in this thread, but I can't believe this went un-noticed. If you're carrying, you need to be responsible and accurate with your firearm. What you said, read like this me, "I would rather have more rounds because I'm likely to miss" .

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but if that is the case it is incredibly irresponsible, reckless and potentially dangerous. If you plan to carry, you need to train, train, train. Shooting under stress is sooo much harder than shooting paper and tunnel vision kicks in instantly.

Now the argument for round count vs. Caliber size is because of the scumbags that don't go down with just a couple shots because of things like excited delirium. Higher round count aids in placing more rounds ON TARGET to stop the threat.

Having said that, I'm a G19 or G26 kind of guy. My next Glock will be a G29 and I might give that a shot.

We're talking NJ carry here. The 9mm vs .45 debate is different here because you will not be allowed any type of expanding ammunition. Modern 9mm are almost as effective as larger calibers because they expand. If you are restricted to ball ammo bigger is better I think.

You can also forget about non-hollowpoint stuff like EFMJ, they still "expand more than normal" and therefore are banned as dum-dum type bullets.

My pick at the moment is an XD-45c with the 5" barrel but I need to shoot one to be sure. The full size XD-45 5" shoots very well but is a touch too long in the grip to conceal easily with light clothes.

I think a 1911 type is going to be too heavy to lug around all day every day - to be able to put up with carrying every day it needs to be light enough to not be a obstacle.

i always liked the 250. Trigger pull was long but smooth. Very easy to break down. It just never caught on

I got one more permit and thinking something in 9.... Like a P938 or if I go smaller, a P238....

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

You can also forget about non-hollowpoint stuff like EFMJ, the still "expand more than normal" and therefore are banned as dum-dum type bullets.

Federal EFMJ and Hornady Critical Defense (as well as Cor-Bon Pow'R'Ball) have all been approved by the NJSP....

Federal EFMJ and Hornady Critical Defense (as well as Cor-Bon Pow'R'Ball) have all been approved by the NJSP....

...and subsequently deemed illegal by the courts. It is not a good idea to take legal advice from the police.

ETA: check the text from the Aitken case: Search for "expand" here: http://www.leagle.com/decision/In NJCO 20120330329

Edited by Mr.Stu

Idk if everyone is blinded by the idea of NJ CCW in this thread, but I can't believe this went un-noticed. If you're carrying, you need to be responsible and accurate with your firearm. What you said, read like this me, "I would rather have more rounds because I'm likely to miss" .

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but if that is the case it is incredibly irresponsible, reckless and potentially dangerous. If you plan to carry, you need to train, train, train. Shooting under stress is sooo much harder than shooting paper and tunnel vision kicks in instantly.

Now the argument for round count vs. Caliber size is because of the scumbags that don't go down with just a couple shots because of things like excited delirium. Higher round count aids in placing more rounds ON TARGET to stop the threat.

Having said that, I'm a G19 or G26 kind of guy. My next Glock will be a G29 and I might give that a shot.

Well, I was being realistic. I get to the range more than some cops in Clark and Hillside that I know. Still I don't have the time or money to go constantly and to get specific training while stressed. I'd also take a bet that most people with a CCW don't get the training you reccomend to not be irresponsible, reckless, and potentially dangerous. Of course I will take a CCW course before getting my CCW regardless and practice when I can.

As for the calber debate, Mr. Stu brought up a good point about the legality of carrying certain types of ammunition, which may change my decision.

You need to be precise with your language.  I think it's reckless to claim that those rounds are "NJSP approved".

I think what you meant to say was that "A NJSP internal memo from a couple of years ago offered the opinion that EFMJ/Crit. Def. rounds are not considered to be hollowpoint ammunition.  Your chances of success in citing that memo as part of your defense should you be charged with hollowpoint charges may vary."

Currently it's a Springfield XD Sub Compact in 9mm. Goes in my Crossbreed supertuck IWB holster. When funds allow I'll switch to XDm Compact in 9mm. Same height as the XD sub compact with a 3.8" barrel instead of 3". 13+1 rounds and 2 spare mags. If I need more ammo than that I should have a rifle instead of a handgun. :)

The Gen 4 glocks are super.

I heard mixed reviews man. I saw a couple videos of gen 3 v.s. 4 and some people really like the 3's better and some really dont. Not that it matters, but i saw one video that shows the gen 4 slow-mo with the shell dribbling out on extraction often resulting in stovepipes and double feeds when compared with a gen 3 side by side showing the shell clearly being ripped from the chamber every time. i understand ammo has a lot to do with this and its only one video but I have never held or shot a 4 so id like to see for myself. i would consider a pre-owned model of either because id like to put the 3.5# trigger conversion in it.

You need to be precise with your language. I think it's reckless to claim that those rounds are "NJSP approved".

I think what you meant to say was that "A NJSP internal memo from a couple of years ago offered the opinion that EFMJ/Crit. Def. rounds are not considered to be hollowpoint ammunition. Your chances of success in citing that memo as part of your defense should you be charged with hollowpoint charges may vary."

That these bullets are not hollow points is not in dispute. They are treated the same as hollow points because they are dum-dum bullets which are included in the same law.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I heard mixed reviews man. I saw a couple videos of gen 3 v.s. 4 and some people really like the 3's better and some really dont. Not that it matters, but i saw one video that shows the gen 4 slow-mo with the shell dribbling out on extraction often resulting in stovepipes and double feeds when compared with a gen 3 side by side showing the shell clearly being ripped from the chamber every time. i understand ammo has a lot to do with this and its only one video but I have never held or shot a 4 so id like to see for myself. i would consider a pre-owned model of either because id like to put the 3.5# trigger conversion in it.

I`ve seen a few of those videos myself and was making me double think my decision on getting a Gen 4 17. But, I couldn't stop thinking that maybe they didn't clean very well or not lube the slide well enough. I shot a gen 4 17 and I really liked it, (rented it for about an hour). I think I put about 70 rounds through it and I had no stove pipes or jams or anything.

But, if I were able to carry, either a G 19 or G 26.

This. It won't happen.

I'd love to be optimistic, have my hopes up, fight the good fight.. but let's face reality here..

Are you guys not aware the Drake case might go to SCOTUS? Now is likely the best chance NJ will have to get real conceal carry.

Are you guys not aware the Drake case might go to SCOTUS? Now is likely the best chance NJ will have to get real conceal carry.

I'm aware of it. The key words in your statement are "might" and "NJ". It's not happening, even if the case is heard. This is just my opinion of course.