njpilot

No Guns At Chipolte

The majority does which is why these open carriers are more or less shunned by the rest.

Unfortunately, the "open carriers" make for better MSM coverage and higher TV ratings, as well as better facilitating of their (MSM's) anti-gun agenda.  :(

I see no "reason" to carry a rifle into a restaurant.  Last time I checked, all of the animals that you can legally hunt are already dead by the time they reach the restaurant.  Unless you're hunting the elusive and swift cheeseburger gazelle...

I see no "reason" to carry a rifle into a restaurant.  Last time I checked, all of the animals that you can legally hunt are already dead by the time they reach the restaurant.  Unless you're hunting the elusive and swift cheeseburger gazelle...

LOL.

Just read the posts and saw the pics.  Anyone with common sense would say what those 2 ass clowns did was unnecessary and hurtful to the gun community. Just plain stupid

There was a recent MAG or whatever they're called standoff with OCers in a Chipotle in Oklahoma. The people in question were a local OC group of normal people, who carry handguns and most importantly don't cause a scene. The Mom group got upset and confrontational and started taking pictures of the OCers eating, resulting in the mom group getting kicked out.

I'm on my phone so you're unfortunately going to have to Google it.

FWIW, the people carrying were quietly eating. Good for them.

"Texas gun groups clash with NRA on armed protests in public spaces"  http://news.yahoo.com/texas-gun-groups-clash-nra-armed-protests-public-203030317.html

NRA is not happy with these jagasses..

"Using guns merely to draw attention to yourself in public not only defies common sense, it shows a lack of consideration and manners. That's not the Texas way. And that's certainly not the NRA way."

The people who walk around with rifles and open carry like that in public places solely to illicit some kind of negative response (so they can post on youtube most times) should have their teeth kicked in.  They do zero good for the second amendment, or to endear gun owners to the general public. 

Those clowns are assholes and are willingly smearing good gun owners reputations. 

Jackasses.

But arguments such as "why do you need to OC AR or....." sound lot like arguments in favor of all those silly restrictions that we all despise. 

I should know when to refrain a discussion, but one last item -

Another OC idiot.  Im sure the security guard wasnt enlightened or educated, he probably complained to everyone who would listen and still is.   

When you know gun owners are a minority and we are working hard to improve acceptance of second amendmnent freedom, and knowing anti gunners will use the actions of attnetion whore OC retards against us all, it's just plain stupid. 

End of story.

Why did a group show up with AR's?  Was it to make a political statement?  If that was the point i guess it worked.

These open-carry idiots were such morons, they are probably on Bloomturd's payroll.  The value of open-carry which being abused is that it allows one to carry concealed without worrying.  These idiots will ruin it for those actually living in a Republic.  I would chalk them up to either being double agents or double idiots.   And, as for Chipotle, at least gun enthusiast that are 2nd Amendment Supporters won't get the runs any longer.

Because they've had so much success in previous demonstrations... I can't tell if these guys are that stupid or if they're insane. Hell, they might as well be anti-gun people.

Because they've had so much success in previous demonstrations... I can't tell if these guys are that stupid or if they're insane. Hell, they might as well be anti-gun people.

They probably are...guns purchased by members of anti groups and "gifted" to family members (cousins, nieces, nephews, in-laws) to pull this kind of BS to show how bad the "gun nuts" are...you know, carrying around sporting goods in public, and all.  Some people should join their protest carrying tennis rackets, basketballs, football helmets and pom-poms...you know,other sports equipment.

But at least he's holding the guns correctly in a safe direction and finger off the trigger ....you gotta' give him that. There is basic knowledge :)

I dunno about that last shot (with him sitting in front of the table). What's on the other side of that table? 

(those two specific dudes are f*****g morons, no questions asked)

But what I feel more and more uncomfortable with is the extent to which "public opinion" and "public attitude" start to strongly influence even those activities that are not illegal and potentially not even wrong.

Again, I don't defend those dudes and personally I would have never done anything even close to that, but I am personally seriously scared by arguments like "that scares people" or "people feel uncomfortable". I see that it is not beyond possible that 10...20...30 years later some people (products of the Great Pussification) will start to getting freaked out by baseball players with baits in their hands, people with golf clubs, a carpenter with a huge hammer on his belt stopped at McD on his way to work, a guy walking his huge (and veeeery scaaary!!) dog or anyone having a long beard and supposedly looking like Bin Laden and so on so forth. There is no limit to what other phobias people might have or develop.

I hope I am overreacting and/or plain wrong, but I definitely don't like where it can be heading to...

the last paragraph says it all...I added the emphasis.

“More than 95% of our local press is very positive,” Mr. Grisham said. “We’re getting to the point now where really it’s a non-story. There’s no controversy in Texas. The controversy is based out of New York.

(those two specific dudes are f*****g morons, no questions asked)

But what I feel more and more uncomfortable with is the extent to which "public opinion" and "public attitude" start to strongly influence even those activities that are not illegal and potentially not even wrong.

Again, I don't defend those dudes and personally I would have never done anything even close to that, but I am personally seriously scared by arguments like "that scares people" or "people feel uncomfortable". I see that it is not beyond possible that 10...20...30 years later some people (products of the Great Pussification) will start to getting freaked out by baseball players with baits in their hands, people with golf clubs, a carpenter with a huge hammer on his belt stopped at McD on his way to work, a guy walking his huge (and veeeery scaaary!!) dog or anyone having a long beard and supposedly looking like Bin Laden and so on so forth. There is no limit to what other phobias people might have or develop.

I hope I am overreacting and/or plain wrong, but I definitely don't like where it can be heading to...

This^^^^^^^

If you don't like it, TO BAD.   Are they breaking any laws? Nope.  You have no say in how they exercise their rights.

They may look like idiots or even "Text" like morons but guess what.  Until they break a law they are free to do what they want. 

As to the "In your face" aspect, Did Rosa Parks "have" to sit in the front of the bus?  Last time I check the back of the bus gets there too.

Do Hasidic Jews  have to dress the way they do?  Do Muslim men have to wear a turban? 

To all those calling these 2, "Asshats and such" for carrying a rifle and "upsetting" people look in a mirror and point to the Hypocrite. 

Feel free to join "Moms demand action" with their "I get uncomfortable if someone may be carrying a gun" line.