intercooler

what kind of spider is this?

IMO not a wolf spider.. we get wolf spiders in my basement here.. and they just look different than that.. they are less consistent in color and have thicker less translucent legs.. I mean maybe it was a different kind of wolf spider? but not what I am used to seeing..

It's definitely not a wolf spider. Their eyes are in different locations. If you had a clear macro shot of it I could tell you exactly what it is. From what I can see, it looks like a type of jumping spider or brown recluse. If it was a brown recluse, you might want to check that closet very closely and make sure they don't go near your family or animals!

It's definitely not a wolf spider. Their eyes are in different locations. If you had a clear macro shot of it I could tell you exactly what it is. From what I can see, it looks like a type of jumping spider or brown recluse. If it was a brown recluse, you might want to check that closet very closely and make sure they don't go near your family or animals!

def not a brown recluse.. they have a weird violin shaped design on them making them easy to identify..

black_vs_brown_habits_s9.jpg

Watched one of my NG buddies pack his would with cotton every day from a bite. (I have never been NG, "NG" and "Buddy" are independent.)

You want to say they are this, or they are that, or they are indigenous, or they are not. Fine. Not my yob. People get bit by them at Ft. Dix all the time, or at least did in the late 80s early 90s.

OK all you spider experts, what's this one? It's spun a pretty decent web out side the front door of the rental house at which I'm staying in Florida (partially attached to the screen door, I think). Every time I open the door, it moves to the far end of the web and lets me through. But it comes back to the center of the web, when I close the door.  

I think we've come to an understanding, this spider and I... We respect each other. It doesn't make any moves towards me as I pass through, and I let it keep its web.  Been that way for almost two weeks now.

One week to go.... We'll see.

-------

Florida Spider

qFiOpTC.jpg

Up Close View

J05oKeH.jpg