Newtonian

Another setback for the 1st Amendment

A judge (who else?) has ordered the Patent and Trademark Office to cancel the Washington Redskins' trademark registration. 

Article here

The team evidently may continue to use the logo but now anyone else can as well.

Chip, chip, chiping away at our fundamental rights.

"Even if the team were to lose an appeal, the loss of the federal trademark is more a symbolic blow than a fatal one. Legal experts have said the Redskins´ trademarks would still be protected under common law, and the team would be able to pursue legal action against anyone who used the logo or name without permission, for instance to make knockoff hats or jerseys"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pretty unbelievable where the courts stand today.... and i thought there was a chance they were getting back to principles at one time.  this does not bode well for 2A.

Posters in the NJ2AF think that can't happen.

But things happen very quickly when indignation goes viral. Look at how far gay marriage has come and how fast. Look at this confederate flag B.S. which took like 3 weeks from conception to execution. That bake shop ordered to pay $135,000 to those two lesbos who wanted a cake. Could any of that have happened even 10 years ago?

I have been shocked by how many conservative politicians and columnists, people I trusted, called for removing the flag from everywhere but museums.

It would not take more than the right tragedy, inflicted on the right group at the right time, to set off a chain of events that will eviscerate the 2nd Amendment, just as the First Amendment is being systematically dismantled. 

The pro-2A movement of the last 20 years has been fueled by legislators fishing for votes. When those votes die or decide they are really hunters and not shooters or become overcome by grief watching the flag-draped caskets carried onto the streets of D.C. we are screwed.

The left uses the courts to redefine anything they want.

They're a weapon. You can say the right uses judges as well. But the rulings on certain issues by these leftists judges aren't even remotely based on the law. They're not even trying to pretend it is anymore.

By the way. That bakery couple will be selling ship-able products at some point soon if anyone is motivated to patronize their shop that they were forced to move to their home.

The cake case will end up in the supreme court if a higher court than the one with that ruling doesn't overturn it.

This is a very dangerous time. I just read congress is going to debate a measure to prevent CSA battle flags in cemeteries.

This is no longer America, it's been hijacked by every asshole who feels they are offended and are owed the world.

Obama phone

EBT.  First of the month is something retail grocery stores plan for. Multiple cart fulls of stuff.  Hugely abused entitlement voter drive.

I think it was John Stossel or 60 Minutes that ran the story about the guy near San Diego, CA who is making a career of living off the gov't dole and being a surfer.  Perfectly capable of getting a job.  Just doesn't and isn't shy about it. Says this is his preferred lifestyle.  Why should he get a job when he gets all this free money?  ....As he grilled what he called "his EBT lobster...that tastes so much better than lobster you'd have to pay for".

Judges are like chess pieces. Presidents want as many of their guys on the board as possible. Any judge who would ignore the Constitution was likely appointed by a liberal. The obvious exception being some of Robert's decisions lately.

Judges are like chess pieces. Presidents want as many of their guys on the board as possible. Any judge who would ignore the Constitution was likely appointed by a liberal. The obvious exception being some of Robert's decisions lately.

I believe Kennedy was appointed by Reagan. He certainly flips back and forth between adhering to the Constitution and ignoring it.

i'll say it again. these guys are appointed. for life. they can, and apparently do do whatever they want. they don't care that their job is to uphold the constitution. they don't have to, 'cause there is no way to hold them accountable. until that happens, the shit spewed forth from their "opinions" will continue.

i'll say it again. these guys are appointed. for life. they can, and apparently do do whatever they want. they don't care that their job is to uphold the constitution. they don't have to, 'cause there is no way to hold them accountable. until that happens, the shit spewed forth from their "opinions" will continue.

I believe a SCOTUS justice can be "impeached and tried," albeit a very Herculean effort and would probably require very serious charges....

I believe a SCOTUS justice can be "impeached and tried," albeit a very Herculean effort and would probably require very serious charges....

i would think in that instance that supporting an illegal law would grounds for such? but....who is responsible for the process?

I believe Kennedy was appointed by Reagan. He certainly flips back and forth between adhering to the Constitution and ignoring it.

Yes, you are correct. Kennedy is what happens when you try to appease the left. Look at who Obama appointed. None of those judges will ever side with the constitution. They will always render decisions based on their activist liberal mentality, the law be damned. The right should always pick the most conservative judges out there. No compromise.

i would think in that instance that supporting an illegal law would grounds for such? but....who is responsible for the process?

Impeachment by Congress I believe. The power over the govt rests with the people. They are our reps. They should have the final say. We should have the final say.

Impeachment by Congress I believe. The power over the govt rests with the people. They are our reps. They should have the final say. We should have the final say.

I believe that is correct. Impeachment by the House, trial by the Senate, with the CJOTUS being the "judge," but s/he would most likely have to recuse if a SCOTUS justice is on trial.

how do we go about getting some of them replaced then? 'cause some of them need to be replaced.

Apache helicopters

Chinook helicopters

Tomahawk missiles

Operation Geronimo

Time for the pentagon to start renaming stuff too.

<TRIGGERWARNING>

How about the fighting Irish?

Cavaliers?

Colonel Reb (Oh, already banished)

Valparaiso U Crusaders

Hope College Flying Dutchman

Fairleigh Dickinson Knights

Golden State Warriors

Spartans

Scarlet Knights

Vikings

If this is upheld, practically any name could be challenged on the basis that someone is offended.

<\TRIGGERWARNING>