MidwestPX

Ruger Precision Rifles

Here's a link to the thread at SnipersHide.

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5514-bolt-action-rifles/13955138-new-ruger-precison-bolt-action-rifle?page=16

A lot of people bought one. A lot of good reports.

Here's a link to the thread at SnipersHide.

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/forums/5514-bolt-action-rifles/13955138-new-ruger-precison-bolt-action-rifle?page=16

A lot of people bought one. A lot of good reports.

Thanks, lots of positive feedback!

So has anyone seen one in a store in Nj?

I saw 2 at Cheyenne Mountain on Monday, but they were both spoken for.  A 308 and the other a 243.  I've been looking for a 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor and everywhere I've checked is out of stock.

Are there any vendors on here expecting to have any , Id rather support buying local then on GB,

I checked with Monmouth Arms and Hopewell Gun Works. Steve at Monmouth Arms is trying to locate 1 for me. Not sure about any of the other vendors.

My local shop has .308's on order.  They're not sure when they'll see them.  They plan on stocking .308... but a 6.5 would have to be special order.

I'm thinking I might Cerakote it in Flat Dark Earth... when I finally get one.

We had three of these in our last long range course.   

I've withheld any recommendations on them until I had a chance to go hands-on with more than one of them.  

The balance was a little front heavy for me.  Other than that it was an impressive rifle and I had no trouble busting clays @ 500Y with it.  

These are 100% NJ legal, and so would the magazines, except if you got the big 20 rounders.  I would stick with the 10's anyway.  

We had three of these in our last long range course.

I've withheld any recommendations on them until I had a chance to go hands-on with more than one of them.

The balance was a little front heavy for me. Other than that it was an impressive rifle and I had no trouble busting clays @ 500Y with it.

These are 100% NJ legal, and so would the magazines, except if you got the big 20 rounders. I would stick with the 10's anyway.

Why the concern with weight? These are mostly setup for prone or bench.... But anywho, I want a 6.5.... Most rarest it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why the concern with weight? These are mostly setup for prone or bench.... But anywho, I want a 6.5.... Most rarest it seems.

Not the weight but the balance.   In long range sniper comps you will spend most of the time NOT shooting prone or from a bench.   

Not the weight but the balance. In long range sniper comps you will spend most of the time NOT shooting prone or from a bench.

Not most folks around these parts. Ya still can't beat the price.

I'm going to start checking the local stores. I'd really love to handle it before buying. I ordered two guns sight unseen and lucked out (LaRue) but this will be a first bolt gun for me and I want to make sure I like it.

Thanks guys!!

My buddy bought one in 6.5c, sight unseen.  We shot it a couple weeks ago and it was dead on, right out of the box, shooting 140gr Winchester match ammo. He literally had shot about 20 shots, getting his scope zero'd and met me at teh range.  The RPR makes me almost regret building my custom Defiance 700 short action.  Almost.

BTW, my friend bought his off Gunbroker and paid $1500.

Eric

My buddy bought one in 6.5c, sight unseen. We shot it a couple weeks ago and it was dead on, right out of the box, shooting 140gr Winchester match ammo. He literally had shot about 20 shots, getting his scope zero'd and met me at teh range. The RPR makes me almost regret building my custom Defiance 700 short action. Almost.

BTW, my friend bought his off Gunbroker and paid $1500.

Eric

Like I said. Price gouging fooks. I can wait till they are more widely available.

Like I said. Price gouging fooks. I can wait till they are more widely available.

Yep, agreed, but thats how things work around here.

Look at it this way; if ya got to have one now, its only a couple hundos over retail list price. For that matter, yiu are getting a rifle that would cost about $2500 or more, if you built it yourself...

Eric

Yep, agreed, but thats how things work around here.

Look at it this way; if ya got to have one now, its only a couple hundos over retail list price. For that matter, yiu are getting a rifle that would cost about $2500 or more, if you built it yourself...

Eric

1500 is way over what pricing should be, they should be around a grand with the store still making a good profit.