Sign in to follow this  
Junior

Public Dump In Passaic County

What about those waste management bags you can buy?

Bags cheap, hall away, not...

I recently had a guy pick up a lot of construction material and was reasonable. Found them on this new service called Thumbtack...

Sort of like Angies list but free.

You can get quotes from there by locals that are willing to do the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can take it to the Lafayette dump.     Sorry, that's the only one I'm familiar with.  Probably 40 miles from Wayne.   23 north to 94, turn left on 94 south and it's about 1/4 mile before you get to RT 15.   Pull up on to the scale, get a weight, drive over to the dumpsters and shove it in.   I do at least 2 trips a year.

Thanks! It's a mixed lot. Can't burn it and it's too much to bag up and leave at the curb. I caught a flat on the trailer so I'll have to head out tomorrow after I replace the tire.

I'm going to try either of those places in Paterson.

There should be a wast transfer station for you county some where.

If you local town can't figure it out, call the Public Works dept from a different town in your county.

You go to the transfer station, get weighed, dump the crap, get weighed again, and pay the man.

Around here, you are allowed to go one or twice per year.

When I was in construction we used to use Veolia waste service 301 Maltese dr. In Totowa. Not sure if you need a DEP sticker though. We used to have one but we were commercial.

I tried to look for a number for that place. Couldn't find one listed and their old number is Out of service. I think they went out of business?

theres a transfer station in totowa off of riverview it the light just before you go under route 80. make the right off riverview if you are coming from vally rd. then its another right off that rd i forget the name of the street. Pretty sure you will see it. Generally generated waste must go to a transfer station where the waste was generated from.i could be mistaken on that

The one in totowa is called Covanta now. And they never answer the phone.

I wound up going to Gaeta in Paterson at 6:30 this morning. In and out pretty quick and only charged me $36 for 800lbs of construction and demolition waste. Minimum charge I guess.

One of the things I will never understand is making difficult or expensive to get rid of garbage. It just leads to people dumping trash in the side of the road or woods.

One of the better ideas my town has is a town transfer station where residents can bring almost anything they want free of charge (paint, gasoline, etc excluded).

The one in totowa is called Covanta now. And they never answer the phone.

I wound up going to Gaeta in Paterson at 6:30 this morning. In and out pretty quick and only charged me $36 for 800lbs of construction and demolition waste. Minimum charge I guess.

That was a good deal. Got to remember that. Sad part is I forgot all about them being in Paterson considering they had the contract here in town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea junior that's the min I think up to half a ton. Then around $80 a ton they charge. Vlad some towns do that but they then pay to get rid of garbage, scrap any metal and cardboard, recycling any other material. Realistically that's what all transfer stations do like gaeta. They pull any recyclables out and sell them. Charging to dump is the way they turn a profit though.