PD2K

Arcane NJ law prevents retired cops from carrying concealed weapon

Arthur, my friend.

Do you have any data to back up your statement" most drunk drivers make it home"

And as this relates to ccw, do you have any data of liscense carries accidental death rates vs that of drunk drivers.

These are your statements and the pretense of your current agurement. The burden of proof is on you.

I don't even know what that means?

I think we're all on the same page then..

I'm still trying to figure out why you think a citizen carrying a firearm is the same as a citizen trying to play cop...

The fact is, your entire argument is based on an irrational fear of average Joe carrying a firearm. The fact is, if your opinion had any merit you would be using empirical evidence to support your position. How many average joes put the public in danger per year? How many cops put a bullet where it doesnt belong every year? We have federal cops selling guns to criminals, we have cops loosing firearms, we have trigger happy cops.... Fact is... People accept the errors for a common good... Maybe we should re-assess giving guns to cops if your goal truely is public safety.

Cops in this country kill people at a remarkable rate compared to others... Maybe they should learn to do the job without the weapon or at a reduced rate... It might breed better cops that don't pull a gun when a suspect farts.

Are you claiming to have been in 5 gun fights?  Wow, you're a very special person!!

You don't need to call me out -- I'm right here.  Do you really expect me (or anyone) to provide personal information to others on an internet chat site? 

Look, regard me as verified credentialed or regard me as a belligerent youth - WGAS?  What difference does it make?

Attack my positions with valid counter arguments... if your able to -- if you're not, then concede.  Simple.

:good:

You continue to operate under assumptions. Im sure you aren't so illogical to draw the conclusion that the presentation of a weapon always results in a shooting. But your penchant for jumping to conclusions and speaking in absolutes makes the discussion...... tedious.

I called you out, you choose not to offer the least bit of validation or even a frame of reference for your position. It doesn't even need to be to me. Who would you like to validate to. Want a SWAT officer to verify your claim? Would you prefer a federal agent? I can provide any of the aforementioned to validate your certifiable's.

You continue to operate under assumptions. Im sure you aren't so illogical to draw the conclusion that the presentation of a weapon always results in a shooting. But your penchant for jumping to conclusions and speaking in absolutes makes the discussion...... tedious.

I called you out, you choose not to offer the least bit of validation or even a frame of reference for your position. It doesn't even need to be to me. Who would you like to validate to. Want a SWAT officer to verify your claim? Would you prefer a federal agent? I can provide any of the aforementioned to validate your certifiable's.

No one is suggesting taking away your "right to defend yourself."  Just endangering others by using a gun in public without adequate training to perform that act.

Without taking a stance on an officer expressing "concern for their own safety trumps that of my safety" I will add this: a protector cannot provide protection if he is unavailable to do so. 

Kinda like the logic on airplane safety that says, "put on YOUR oxygen mask first, then assist others."

:yes:

First, response under stress can absolutely be perfected with training -- a misnomer on your part -- and likely the part of many others.

As far as your perception of the midwest, where "almost everyone is carrying" as not being "death traps" I would offer this logic -- most drunk drivers make it to their destination without killing someone -- is that justification for a civilized society to condone drunk driving?

And firearms training is not just "shooting skills" and accuracy, as many "civilians" imagine.  There is SO much more involved with carrying a firearm.

So, how did you survive those 5 incidents without a gun?

:think:

Actually that is exactly what was being suggested, not by you, and I tend to agree that proper training is essential in safely carrying a firearm. Admittedly I did not feel that way before I began taking training, and was astonished at how little I knew before, which was the trigger for seeking additional training. The sad truth is that in most cases the protector will show up after the incident has taken place, so his safety is initially compromised not by my acting in self defense, but by his reaction to my self defense. Nothing is fool proof, not training, or practice, and not a badge. Since I am indeed my own first responder, his personal sense of safety is secondary, and always will be. That does not in any way mean that I condone a shoot first attitude, it simply means that I take my safety and that of my family very seriously.

I love how this guys thinks trained cops are like the litmus test for carrying a gun. When the fact is almost every police shooting turns into a spray and pray with little regard to where bullets end up.

How about the cop in NYC that shot some random dude in a dark stairwell? How on earth could that happen since he's trained?

And the jerkoff had the nerve to blame the gun... I guess that's what you people do.. you pass off the blame so your training isn't called into question.(I'm not referencing all LEO here, just those that think their shit don't stink)

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!stop responding to it and it will go away. Everyone just ignore it for 2 weeks and it will be gone for sure. Also for stop quoting it for those of us that have it on block PLEASE!

Let me be clear that I am a strong proponent of training. But it would not work here. Why? Because NJ would make it a tool of denial just like they do with purchase permits. I can easily see "Yes the state run CCW class is held on wed at noon and is only available on odd months the first week of the month and the waiting list is 8 months out and growing".

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!!!!!!stop responding to it and it will go away. Everyone just ignore it for 2 weeks and it will be gone for sure. Also for stop quoting it for those of us that have it on block PLEASE!

I agree 100%. You get no further arguing with this troll than you would a cranberry muffin (And, yes I am a little hungry right now) stop engaging at it will fade away.

I agree 100%. You get no further arguing with this troll than you would a cranberry muffin (And, yes I am a little hungry right now) stop engaging at it will fade away.

But it's fun. :laugh: Don't like it. Stay out of this thread.

I highly doubt AK has any type of LE affiliation due to statements that he has made. IMHO, most police have very little training with firearms. The academy and bi-annual qualifications is just that, QUALIFICATIONS. That is not training. As a NJ Police Training Commission Certified Firearms Instructor, I would rather rely on most of the posters in this thread than most of the LEOs that I have seen at the range.

But it's fun.[emoji23]Don't like it. Stay out of this thread.

I highly doubt AK has any type of LE affiliation due to statements that he has made. IMHO, most police have very little training with firearms. The academy and bi-annual qualifications is just that, QUALIFICATIONS. That is not training. As a NJ Police Training Commission Certified Firearms Instructor, I would rather rely on most of the posters in this thread than most of the LEOs that I have seen at the range.

That is EXACTLY what I said about LE qualifications once or twice a year in an earlier post to AK & he denounced what I said .......

But it's fun. :laugh: Don't like it. Stay out of this thread.

I highly doubt AK has any type of LE affiliation due to statements that he has made. IMHO, most police have very little training with firearms. The academy and bi-annual qualifications is just that, QUALIFICATIONS. That is not training. As a NJ Police Training Commission Certified Firearms Instructor, I would rather rely on most of the posters in this thread than most of the LEOs that I have seen at the range

Paul

I am not interested in getting into a pissing match with you. I like you and have used you as a vendor multiple times.

I was expressing my opinion just like you are, but thanks for telling me what to do.

I do agree with you  that this troll is no more a cop than I am the king of Siam. He is not being honest, therefore his input is neither valid or interesting to me. That is why  I do not engage him and have him on ignore.

Haha!

Okay, I'll bite.

Post the names and phone number's of the "SWAT officer" and the "federal agent."

:lol:(swat officer)