mikeyjones

Anyone getting a spot for tesla 3

Yep looks that way, and while it is a subsidy, it's not really to the oil companies. And I'm all for it, if it costs me a Starbuck coffee a year to prevent some retiree from freezing to death, I'm ok with that.

yea, i'm absolultey in favor of helping poor and old people. but it is not a subsidy to the oil companies, as they'll sell that oil regardless if some poor people can't afford i or not......

oh yea...they need to stop calling it fossil fuel.......

I plan on getting one eventually, didn't reserve one though, I can wait. I will also be keeping my ICE car. Not like I could sell it for much but she runs and will be useful for long/odd trips.

Just gotta finish grad school and get working.

Agreed but only thing I'll say is that right now most I can get in a bank account is 1.1% that's greatly outweighed by the 7500 in federal tax incentives for getting a tesla before they sell 200k cars.

Therefore I'm willing to plunk down the money and can pull it back at any time.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

What percentage deposit is required?

Looks like the first fatality in auto pilot mode happened in May.

http://jalopnik.com/first-fatal-tesla-autopilot-crash-sparks-nhtsa-investig-1782916450

Sad circumstances but still safer statistically than human driving.  

It was very bright out, tractor trailer pulled out in front of him. The camera of the tesla saw under the body of the trailer so it didn't see the obstruction against the bright background.

• Like 1

Sad circumstances but still safer statistically than human driving.

It was very bright out, tractor trailer pulled out in front of him. The camera of the tesla saw under the body of the trailer so it didn't see the obstruction against the bright background.

These things are not ready for prime time and many more will die before they are. How are they going to figure out the lanes in heavy rain or snow or ice. What about fog? How are they going to make the decision to have a head on collision of hit the bicycle in front of you? Let's just say I won't be in line to buy self driving version 1.01.

These things are not ready for prime time and many more will die before they are. How are they going to figure out the lanes in heavy rain or snow or ice. What about fog? How are they going to make the decision to have a head on collision of hit the bicycle in front of you? Let's just say I won't be in line to buy self driving version 1.01.

Howard, there is about 1 fatality per 100mm miles traveled in the US.  Teslas made it over 140mm using autodrive before their first fatality. 40% safer....

But yeah, robots are coming and all that...

• Like 2

Howard, there is about 1 fatality per 100mm miles traveled in the US.  Teslas made it over 140mm using autodrive before their first fatality. 40% safer....

But yeah, robots are coming and all that...

I think one day these things will be mainstream, but not quite yet.  They really have only tested them in optimal situations, that is all I am saying.  Once they have to deal with real weather and real traffic and crazy drivers they will have many more accidents.  I want to see them survive the morons on the GSP or battle rush hour traffic on the LIE.

I think one day these things will be mainstream, but not quite yet.  They really have only tested them in optimal situations, that is all I am saying.  Once they have to deal with real weather and real traffic and crazy drivers they will have many more accidents.  I want to see them survive the morons on the GSP or battle rush hour traffic on the LIE.

In all fairness, the auto pilot on the Tesla drives a lot better than half of the drivers on the roads today.

• Like 1

They are ready for prime time when used correctly. Tesla's system is one of the most advanced, but the Tesla system is not meant for autonomous driving, but only to augment driver capability and enhance safety. The driver is still 100% in control and responsible. The Tesla system has about 140 MM with only one fatality, compared to about 1 fatality per every 100MM (or less) in the US-and everyone blames the machine. Now, obviously one cannot extrapolate a statistical relationship after one incident, but it looks pretty capable so far. Plus the fact that it sounds like the truck driver was in the wrong, and a fully engaged human driver may have had the same result. Edited by leahcim
  • Like 1