kirk2022

Dicks $10.00 coupon?

Has anybody had an issue using the discount couple from the mail or the survey discount at your local Dicks?    Seems the managers at the Millville store are glad to tell anyone trying to use them for ammo, That it is illegal to use A discount coupon for Ammo in NJ.

Although I have been using them all the time when I buy $50.00 or more of target shells, even when they were on sale. I called the Manager out on this and he was A dick head like always.

I'll use the replies here to call him out on this if other stores are still honoring them.

Thanks.

Has anybody had an issue using the discount couple from the mail or the survey discount at your local Dicks?    Seems the managers at the Millville store are glad to tell anyone trying to use them for ammo, That it is illegal to use A discount coupon for Ammo in NJ.

Although I have been using them all the time when I buy $50.00 or more of target shells, even when they were on sale. I called the Manager out on this and he was A dick head like always.

I'll use the replies here to call him out on this if other stores are still honoring them.

Thanks.

Call up the Dick's corporate office - tell them that the store manager is spreading misinformation about ammunition sales in NJ - making stuff up.  See what happens.

I had the cashier at the Freehold store tell me that the 20% off coupon cannot be used for ammo. So I left it with him, and walked out. Must be a Jersey thing as I had no issues using a 20% coupon in Georgia a couple weeks before.

Read the fine print on the coupons themselves - they may say "not valid for ammunition" or something like that.

I have many coupons that say that... and a scant few that don't.

That I understand and I don't attempt to use them when it is stated. But the online survey coupon does not state that, Nor does the mailer for 10.00 off or the 150 extra scorecard points coupon. they are now denying all of them.

Not that it justifies it but tack the ammo on with other items and then use the coupon if possible. Last time I was able to use it on ammo at Freehold. Also look for the cashiers that are clueless or just don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirk, there is one in Delaware right near Cabelas. Make a day trip out of it, there is a bunch of stores all in the same area, tax free. People seem a bit nicer down there too. 

The coupons mention nothing about ammo restrictions.

I was refused a coupon a few weeks ago. It had no mention of an ammo restriction on the coupon but the ,manager told me to check the website and several clicks later I fond the fine print. It's a deceptive business practice at best.

I will say that the same manager gave me an additional 20% off a Henry that was already on clearance for a scratch that my wife said and i quote. "did you give him a magnifying glass to see it"

If you think they were dicks before, wait until you see them with no competition from Sports Authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sports Authority in Union is no competition for Dick's anyway, no weapons of ANY kind unless you think of baseball bats etc.

No firearms, no bow/arrows, etc.

Oh wait, can a golf ball be a lethal weapon? Sure it can!