Sign in to follow this  
Zeke

Christmas drinks

My wife's co worker makes cogito ( sp?) which has won awards. It's Puerto Rican eggnog. We a buy bottle every year.

When I was a child we would have gin fizzies.

A drip of gin, grenadine,and 7 up. It was supposed to knock us out for Santa. Lol

101.5 's Scott has a butter rum I'm going to try next few days.

http://nj1015.com/we-have-your-new-favorite-holiday-drink/

Your ideas/traditions etc.

And Merry Christmas!

It is called coquito. My buddy's wife (also puerto rican) makes this and its outstanding. Its basically a spiced, very slightly coconut-ey, rum drink made with rum, condensed milk, coconut milk and coconut cream, evaporated milk(i think?) and some sweetened condensed milk...with some cinnamon and other spices. Now i want some....

• Like 2

Mmmm... I had never heard of this Coquito before! Coconut eggnog? Damn... what's not to like? It sounds delish. Here's a recipe for any holiday bartenders out there: http://www.latintimes.com/coquito-recipe-how-make-puerto-ricans-favorite-christmas-drink-360981

Unfortunately, it totally doesn't go with the meal I'm preparing for Christmas day (baked ziti, hot & sweet sausage, meatballs, etc. - gonna make my Italian grandmother look down proudly from Heaven) - but hey, maybe I'll whip some coquito up for New Year's instead.

Happy Holidays, Everyone! I hope your holiday season is a good one... and that Santa brings all the guns, ammo and holsters you could possibly wish for! :xmascouple: 

I make coquito every holiday season. It's delicious. I've mixed my grandma's recipe with my own twist. The real secret is creating it thick like a milkshake but not so thick it barely pours out of your bottle. Also, pouring it in an empty bacardi or Don Q liquor bottle is traditional but Poland spring bottles are easy to get and transport as well. My uncle makes his so strong some people can't drink it but I make mine strong enough that it has a nice bite but not too strong (roughly 1.5 shots per serving).

I make coquito every holiday season. It's delicious. I've mixed my grandma's recipe with my own twist. The real secret is creating it thick like a milkshake but not so thick it barely pours out of your bottle. Also, pouring it in an empty bacardi or Don Q liquor bottle is traditional but Poland spring bottles are easy to get and transport as well. My uncle makes his so strong some people can't drink it but I make mine strong enough that it has a nice bite but not too strong (roughly 1.5 shots per serving).

This stuff my gets is pretty muscle. I don't have to much. It will burn if so, learned that the hard way.

. joyeux Noël

Yeah, I've sampled a lot of different coquito (my uncle, grandma, family friends') and most of them make it very very strong. I enjoy liquor and I like a stiff drink but for some reason I don't like really strong coquito. Also, most people don't drink a lot of it in a sitting (it's sweet and has terrible ingredients in it) so having one or two servings of some that's really strong will give you a buzz fairly easily. I want to say my uncles ends up being aorund 2 shots per serving.