Zeke

Monsoon?

3 hours ago, Howard said:

The weather is crazy everywhere.  I ran into a Monsoon yesterday by I95 and International Golf Parkway in St Johns FL, it was coming down so heavy I waited almost a half hour to head home.  When I got home which is only 30 minutes north west of there it was dry and my wife said it never even looked like rain.

Florida is always like this, especially the closer you get to the ocean. I have had rain in my front yard while nice and sunny on my pool side

• Like 2

Just had the worst storm I ever saw. Winds over 70mph, rain, hail, dust. Lost a tree. Still happening.

Me: Closed blinds. Turned music up loud. Hugging dog. Sitting in corner. Shaking. The end is near. Pray for me. LOL

ETA: This was less than one mile from me.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-west-valley/buckeye/homes-sustain-heavy-damage-in-rainbow-valley-fire-district-says

5 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

If it is just a tree & some Cacti - you made out well..............

Yes I did. The wind took down 4 High Power line standards, and destroyed 2 houses. Driving in to the shop, I guestimated about half of the neighborhood trees are down. This will take the rest of the summer to repair. 

20180803_083523.mp4

I just got back from the OBX. When we showed up last week the realor said we would have to drive through some water to get to the house. We rented up the beach in Corolla, so we all had 4x4 Jeeps and trucks. We thought.. what's a little water? Well... A little water turned out to be about 4 feet deep behind the dunes and surrounded probably 2 blocks of houses. 

We made it to the house, nothing my Jeep hasn't seen before off roading, but turned out it was all shit water, and the beaches had no swimming. The well water was contaminated.. we got a full refund and found another house down in kill devil hills... Even that one was surrounded by water, at least it was road accessible and drained after a day. 

Disaster averted! Trip wound up being pretty good after a literal shit Strom. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

I thought it was in the bathtub with the mattress over you?

No bathtubs in school dude.

And seriously? Who has an 800+Page US History book to open up in the middle, and cover their head? At there home?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 2:46 PM, JT Custom Guns said:

^ No - this is the NJ compliant model, the shaft is pinned.

It's the BLACK ones that are the Evil Umbrellas..............

Check with the NJSP. It still folds. It does have a semi auto deployment lever correct?