Sign in to follow this  
orangesolo

Buy/Sell firearm inside police station?

Title basically states it all. Is it illegal for me to purchase a firearm from another owner inside a police station? It will be later at night and no LGS or range will be open  near him. Well not illegal but like will the cops go nuts that there's a firearm inside the building? Obviously will tell them before hand and give them a time frame of us being there.

Somehow I would find another place! Don't know why..........But I would!

Nothing is open around the guy lol.. I mean obviously other stores and such but no LGS or range. I'm all up for meeting anywhere, to me it's not a big deal but I don't know how he is. I haven't asked him lol..

OP, what do you mean by "inside the building" ? Does buyer or seller work there ? Did you already tell "them" and did they agree ?  Do you have it in writing ? At some point during the transaction, I assume the buyer (you) would like to take the firearm out of the box to inspect. Something tells that will NOT end well.

There was post sometime back, of someone here purchasing from a LEO, literally from the back of the police car. Is this similar situation ? 

Strictly speaking, under what NJ exception is the seller transporting the firearm to this building ? 

OP, what do you mean by "inside the building" ? Does buyer or seller work there ? Did you already tell "them" and did they agree ?  Do you have it in writing ? At some point during the transaction, I assume the buyer (you) would like to take the firearm out of the box to inspect. Something tells that will NOT end well.

There was post sometime back, of someone here purchasing from a LEO, literally from the back of the police car. Is this similar situation ? 

Strictly speaking, under what NJ exception is the seller transporting the firearm to this building ? 

My scenario was call them up, let them know it will be a private party transfer, ask them if we can do it inside the police station. Like how police stations have a "reception area" in the front. But anyways we decided to not meet near or at a police station lol. 

I wouldn't even think about it. If it is a long gun meet at a convenience store parking lot. If handgun private residence.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's a long gun ( Mossberg 590a1) and we found a LGS that is open past 6/7pm ( for some reason they all close at around that time frame in central NJ ). If it's too late then we agreed upon well-lit parking lot with obvious security measures.

• Like 1

My scenario was call them up, let them know it will be a private party transfer, ask them if we can do it inside the police station. Like how police stations have a "reception area" in the front. But anyways we decided to not meet near or at a police station lol.

It's a long gun ( Mossberg 590a1) and we found a LGS that is open past 6/7pm ( for some reason they all close at around that time frame in central NJ ). If it's too late then we agreed upon well-lit parking lot with obvious security measures.

Monmouth Arms doesn't open til 6pm.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Title basically states it all. Is it illegal for me to purchase a firearm from another owner inside a police station? It will be later at night and no LGS or range will be open  near him. Well not illegal but like will the cops go nuts that there's a firearm inside the building? Obviously will tell them before hand and give them a time frame of us being there.

I would rather do it in a men's bathroom stall on the Turnpike's rest area.

• Like 2

I do not think taking a firearm into a government building is a good idea, and besides, it is against the law, permission or not.

Have the buyer go to the seller's house. What are you afraid of? They'll have your address on the form anyway.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 2

I do not think taking a firearm into a government building is a good idea, and besides, it is against the law, permission or not.

Have the buyer go to the seller's house. What are you afraid of? They'll have your address on the form anyway.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

agree

that said, when are you going to make some 15 round metal 308 mags :)

No. no. no. no.

Every LEO I know is pro gun and pro 2A.   But...it just takes one who isn't for you to end up arrested.   There is no exemption to the "possession is illegal" rule that lets you bring a gun to your local police department.

• Like 1

No. no. no. no.

Every LEO I know is pro gun and pro 2A.   But...it just takes one who isn't for you to end up arrested.   There is no exemption to the "possession is illegal" rule that lets you bring a gun to your local police department.

And it took 17 posts for the correct answer to your question. No need for anymore answers.

LOL Okay I guess no police station. I will consider valuing my life inside of dying by a hail of bullets. :p

Orangesolo, I can vouch for seller if this is the one from mewe, he's friend of mine. I have done transactions with him.

Yeah it's the same shotgun post you sent me on the other topic. It's not really about security and such but I obviously don't know the guy well enough to know if he would freak out if I asked to do the exchange in a parking lot lmao. It might have to go to that though, doesn't look too well right now in terms of the LGS he stated ( Legends Firearms )

All kidding aside, I bought a gun once in a parkway rest area. Nobody died.

Just don't be a douche about it, be discrete and you'll be fine.

And remember when you are the buyer, every place the transaction is conducted is an exempt location for you, except for the fed gun free zones.

This thread is still going? Dude you can meet at my house lol people on here and mewe have been 100% straight in my experience(except bugsy lol). I've met people in a variety of parking lots and rest areas to buy all kinds of guns and parts

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count