82flh

new gun regulations coming!

27 minutes ago, 82flh said:

they will ban assault rifles and probably regulate mags to 5 rounds experts are saying

I would think they will push for a general AR15 ban with HI Cap Mag - no new sales, no transfers - you die it gets surrendered.

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

Time to go boating.

That never works and is a silly logic - not slamming you  - lol - I just think that when people say that it's silly.

Kind of like, if I have to bury a gun - that is when I need it most - 

There are still out there and being found today - M1 Carbines in NJ - that never killed anyone.

I am not really an AR guy - I do not get the fascination with them, (I have built, owned, shot etc. eh )however, if you are a law abiding person, not mentally deficient and not a threat to others, shoot own a tank - don't care. 

The issue here, is that the left is not intellectually honest - no matter how many laws you have, if you are considering killing others no law is going to prevent that.

Now, that being said - restricting those that are deemed a threat for purchasing a legal weapon - yes, that should be done.

The parents for the Buffalo shooter admitted that he killed an beheaded a cat in their garage - ummm, they didn't think that was odd?

That was NOT a warning flag?  They are culpable IMO. 

Link mental health records to NICS - is that done or not done?

I saw some has said that they are willing to send 40Billion to Ukraine - why not 40B here to protect our schools?  To provide for mental health services for those in need - fix at home first - I could give a rats ass about Ukraine....(sorry a bit of a tangent)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

what will that mean for those already owned? still usable just not transferable?

Nobody knows yet as it's pure speculation right now.  Leave it to the morons in Trenton to lead the nation on this shit though.

18 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

That never works and is a silly logic - not slamming you  - lol - I just think that when people say that it's silly.

It was a joke.

3 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Nobody knows yet as it's pure speculation right now.  Leave it to the morons in Trenton to lead the nation on this shit though.

It was a joke.

Ah !  Ok then..................... :) 

30 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

no matter how many laws you have, if you are considering killing others no law is going to prevent that.

I disagree slightly.

No anti-gun law will ever prevent people killing others, 100% agree.

But if we had laws to prevent these asshats from getting publicity and a mandated death sentence. I think that would help a little.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

25 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I disagree slightly.

No anti-gun law will ever prevent people killing others, 100% agree.

But if we had laws to prevent these asshats from getting publicity and a mandated death sentence. I think that would help a little.

i'd venture to agree with what noir said on this....if they knew it was a death sentence.......

I don't know that the death penalty would even work. It seems there's a weird psychology to these mass killers in that they follow a similar pattern to people who commit suicide. In other words, they often PLAN to die as part of the attack... they're killing themselves, but also trying to take a bunch of others with them (in some twisted attempt at going out in a blaze of glory, I guess?). What can you do with sickness like that? I don't think a death penalty would phase most of these people in the slightest. Harden schools, train staff repeatedly to follow the security policies, and have MUCH better, faster intervention when these guys are poppng up on the radar screen at school, at home, etc. - and of course, for those that go on to kill, deprive them of their fame (infamy really) with greatly altered/subdued reporting therefore cutting down on copycats - I think those are the most sensible approaches. 

That said, some tiny percentage of psychopathic murderous individuals will ALWAYS be a part of society (always have been and always will be). You can't will it or wish it away entirely. And if you remove one tool from them, they'll move to another. To this day, the worst U.S. mass school killing remains the Bath School Massacre - look it up - been almost a hundred years old now and no guns were used. Determined madmen will find a way. Likewise, Australia has had plenty of mass murders since their gun ban - they just used arson and burned people to death. That's still HORRIFYING! (I don't even kill ladybugs, so this is something I can't even wrap my brain around). But, there's always going to be a few sick outliers like this.

Some people propose raising the age at which young people can buy guns. I don't know about that. You have to ask yourself, are kids today so much less mature than in the 1950's? So much less responsible? And if so, why? And should we be allowed to draft them in that case? Or, let them get abortions? Or, let them take hormone blockers, etc? It opens up a whole can of worms that no one seems to want to deal with seriously.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

i'd venture to agree with what noir said on this....if they knew it was a death sentence.......

PUBLIC death sentence in the town square so everyone can see. I am pretty sure anyone looking to copycat will think hard on if they want to be the next on the gallows.

-Jim

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Some people propose raising the age at which young people can buy guns. I don't know about that. You have to ask yourself, are kids today so much less mature than in the 1950's? So much less responsible? And if so, why? And should we be allowed to draft them in that case? Or, let them get abortions? Or, let them take hormone blockers, etc? It opens up a whole can of worms that no one seems to want to deal with seriously.

Honestly I think it might. Kids today are so emotionally fragile. I know 20 year Olds who get nervous ordering food at the drive through. I'm gunna sound older then I am but I think being raised on tv and computers is just destroying these people's perception.  

2 minutes ago, 82flh said:

wanna see netflix get squashed? my father mentioned this years ago i thought he was sick at the time now i wonder....he mentioned pay per view....lol

make a channel where you pay to watch the death penalty in action all these sick FKS and pedophiles...murderers...etc....they'll see what gonna happen to them i can grasp hanging in the street to....i think it would be real effective livestreamed

Ironically enough I can also see this adding to kids doing these shooting sprees. The amount of Netflix docs on nutjobs murderers is insane. It's essentially glorified.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I don't know that the death penalty would even work. It seems there's a weird psychology to these mass killers in that they follow a similar pattern to people who commit suicide. In other words, they often PLAN to die as part of the attack... they're killing themselves, but also trying to take a bunch of others with them (in some twisted attempt at going out in a blaze of glory, I guess?). What can you do with sickness like that? I don't think a death penalty would phase most of these people in the slightest. Harden schools, train staff repeatedly to follow the security policies, and have MUCH better, faster intervention when these guys are poppng up on the radar screen at school, at home, etc. - and of course, for those that go on to kill, deprive them of their fame (infamy really) with greatly altered/subdued reporting therefore cutting down on copycats - I think those are the most sensible approaches. 

That said, some tiny percentage of psychopathic murderous individuals will ALWAYS be a part of society (always have been and always will be). You can't will it or wish it away entirely. And if you remove one tool from them, they'll move to another. To this day, the worst U.S. mass school killing remains the Bath School Massacre - look it up - been almost a hundred years old now and no guns were used. Determined madmen will find a way. Likewise, Australia has had plenty of mass murders since their gun ban - they just used arson and burned people to death. That's still HORRIFYING! (I don't even kill ladybugs, so this is something I can't even wrap my brain around). But, there's always going to be a few sick outliers like this.

Some people propose raising the age at which young people can buy guns. I don't know about that. You have to ask yourself, are kids today so much less mature than in the 1950's? So much less responsible? And if so, why? And should we be allowed to draft them in that case?

As usual, this is the correct answer.  Don't blame the instrument, blame the intent.  In this case, it was a mentally ill person who apparently wasn't on the radar.  They were able to legally purchase firearms and use them illegally to shoot his grandmother (illegal), then proceeding to enter a GUN FREE ZONE (illegal) to commit further acts of murder (illegal).

Bad and mentally ill people will finds ways around the laws and societal norms to commit violent and other acts (flashing, rape, etc.).  Failures happen.  The AWB did nothing significant to reduce crime.  Research that.  Banning standard magazines in this state won't reduce illegal use of firearms to commit crimes.  Going from 15 to 10 will do nothing.  Why?  BECAUSE CRIMINALS DO NOT FOLLOW LAWS!!!

I'm going to log out now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Honestly I think it might. Kids today are so emotionally fragile. I know 20 year Olds who get nervous ordering food at the drive through. I'm gunna sound older then I am but I think being raised on tv and computers is just destroying these people's perception.  

Totally agree with this, I have guy’s that work in my company that if you took away their cell phones they would cry. They almost live in an alter reality with their face buried in their phones, and computer games. One guy who is one of the worst started talking about a girlfriend, his coworkers asked him if she was human.  

• Haha 2

I'm sure New Jersey will pass some useless laws as a result of this.  Colion Noir's response to Murphy's gun control rhetoric was excellent.  Wanting ammo registration now shows that gun registration is clearly not as effective as he wants....well, he wants an all out ban, lets be honest here.

That aside, the US Senate didnt pass those gun control laws in 2012-2013, so here's to our best friend the filibuster and hoping they dont pass this time around either.

2 hours ago, CMJeepster said:

The AWB did nothing significant to reduce crime

This is correct. The Clinton Crime Bill (which the AWB was a part of), did NOT statistically reduce crime at all. Pretty well outlined in the FBI Crime Statistics of that era.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I work at an engineering firm MEP & Technology..we design buildings, campuses and tenant fitouts across the country..BTW FL is exploding..........it hectic, fast moving, detail oriented and stressful.

A young fella in our group, doesn't work for me, has been with us for 8 months, out of those 8mo, he has been out 'sick' for like 5 weeks..

The last round he was out, three weeks ago, jammed us up with deliverables...when he came back I saw him that morning.  I said to him in front of everyone, its good to see him and happy he is back, and that his hangnail isn't bothering him and his monthly cycle is over, we have a lot of work to do this week.

He welled up and walked away from his desk....snowflake.

Yesterday, i decided to work remote, get an early jump to a long day...  about 10am, i get a teams message from his  to stop emailing and messaging the kid with things he has to get done, and whats the status of things to support my projects....  

Seems he had a full on panic attack in the office and started crying that, "..there is so much work to do...." and he asked to go home and was allowed.

This is a 25yr old.male electrical engineer....

I advocated that we can his sorry fragile ass and hire men and women with grit and drive....not emotional wrecks.

I probably have an email from HR in my inbox this old morning...lol

nah-i-think-ill-get-chewed-out-ive-been-

Some of these kids today are beyond weak emotionally....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, JimB1 said:

PUBLIC death sentence in the town square so everyone can see. I am pretty sure anyone looking to copycat will think hard on if they want to be the next on the gallows.

-Jim

I've been saying this for years with a slight twist. Make it a pay-per-view event with the proceeds going to the the victims' families. 

2 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

I work at an engineering firm MEP & Technology..we design buildings, campuses and tenant fitouts across the country..BTW FL is exploding..........it hectic, fast moving, detail oriented and stressful.

A young fella in our group, doesn't work for me, has been with us for 8 months, out of those 8mo, he has been out 'sick' for like 5 weeks..

The last round he was out, three weeks ago, jammed us up with deliverables...when he came back I saw him that morning.  I said to him in front of everyone, its good to see him and happy he is back, and that his hangnail isn't bothering him and his monthly cycle is over, we have a lot of work to do this week.

He welled up and walked away from his desk....snowflake.

Yesterday, i decided to work remote, get an early jump to a long day...  about 10am, i get a teams message from his  to stop emailing and messaging the kid with things he has to get done, and whats the status of things to support my projects....  

Seems he had a full on panic attack in the office and started crying that, "..there is so much work to do...." and he asked to go home and was allowed.

This is a 25yr old.male electrical engineer....

I advocated that we can his sorry fragile ass and hire men and women with grit and drive....not emotional wrecks.

I probably have an email from HR in my inbox this old morning...lol

nah-i-think-ill-get-chewed-out-ive-been-

Some of these kids today are beyond weak emotionally....

He needs to harden the fuck up. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

This is correct. The Clinton Crime Bill (which the AWB was a part of), did NOT statistically reduce crime at all. Pretty well outlined in the FBI Crime Statistics of that era.

And then you have this:  New poll shows why it's so hard to make America's gun laws more strict (yahoo.com)

Flawed for sure as the common person (can I still use that term?) doesn't know what laws are already on the books.  Hell, I had a neighbor over the other day asking how to "register" his BB gun.  I stopped what I was doing and went through the entire process calmly and concisely.  Polls like these are bullshit as they are taken (if real in the first place) by those not familiar with that which is already in existence.

Oh look.  This P.O.S. has something to say:  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/michael-moore-tells-msnbc-chris-021105614.html  Didn't they cancel him recently for some sort of shenanigans?  Maybe I'm thinking of Weinstein and his quest to take away the 2A.  Look how he turned out.  :icon_lol: