sroc112

Black Friday AR Deals

3 hours ago, PK90 said:

I was told that PSA will not ship uppers to NJ. Can anyone confirm?

I've heard same but can't confirm.

I think the issue is it can't be "Non-compliant".  So if it comes with a regular  bird cage flash hider then it's non-compliant.  If it's under 16 inches, it's non-compliant.  

Pretty much everything they sell will be non-compliant as is.  

I think ammo is about all we'll be able to order from them now.

Screenshot_20231119-233656_DuckDuckGo.jpg

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

I've heard same but can't confirm.

I think the issue is it can't be "Non-compliant".  So if it comes with a regular  bird cage flash hider then it's non-compliant.  If it's under 16 inches, it's non-compliant.  

Pretty much everything they sell will be non-compliant as is.  

The way I read it incomplete upper receivers are GTG to N.J. (For now).

10 minutes ago, sroc112 said:

Anyone vouch for the quality of the upper I pasted above?

It'll go bang the proper way - however for NJ you'll need to remove the bayo lug and get a different muzzle device pinned on.  It also does not have a BCG/CH.  

Unfortunately due to ATF Shenanigans - NJ FFL's apparently aren't allowed to do compliance work without a Manufacturing license... So you may have a hard time getting someone to do the compliance work.  

You may be better off finding one that's NJ Compliant - your best bet may be to find a 14.5" with a pinned comp/brake.  

• Like 1

Yeah I was aware of the compliance mods needed. Is that a new rule that an FFL can't do the work without a manufacturing license? That's crazy.

I'm not opposed to a 14.5 but I do want the mounted front sight and a carbine length.

I believe that a NJ Dealer can neuter an AR upper (no assocuated lower) without needing a manufacturing license as no work is being done to a "firearm". It would be gunsmithing.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/ruling/2015-1-manufacturing-and-gunsmithing

13 minutes ago, sroc112 said:

Yeah I was aware of the compliance mods needed. Is that a new rule that an FFL can't do the work without a manufacturing license? That's crazy.

I'm not opposed to a 14.5 but I do want the mounted front sight and a carbine length.

Yeah, it's crazy.  Why front sight post/Carbine?  Midlength is softer shooting...  FSP is ok but almost always has a bayo lug.

Unfortunately most of the budget sellers like PSA will only have Pinned 14.5/14.7" with A2 FHs which is a no go.

This one's quality and comes with BCG... Though it is a lot more.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-standard-14-5-mid-length-upper-receiver-group-w-kmr-A10-handguard/

Just now, PK90 said:

I believe that a NJ Dealer can neuter an AR upper (no associated lower) without needing a manufacturing license as no work is being done to a "firearm". It would be gunsmithing.

All I know is what I heard from a couple FFLs here in NJ - you may be right, but it definitely is some shady backroom crap.

14 hours ago, PK90 said:

I believe that a NJ Dealer can neuter an AR upper (no assocuated lower) without needing a manufacturing license as no work is being done to a "firearm". It would be gunsmithing.

If you have to pin stock - need the Mfg lic.

We have NJ compliant AR's in stock!

AND can make your rifle complaint if it's a transfer - no problem!

• Agree 1

Since the upper is not a weapon - it can be shipped to your house, pinning a muzzle device on an upper is not working on a weapon. While I'm not a lawyer or an FFL holder, I read the rules and I'm sure you can pin the muzzle device yourself or have any gunsmith do it for you before you attach it to a lower and you are not breaking the laws.

• Like 1

I just got off the phone with PSA customer service. The order for the kit has been sent to the shipping department and they said they can't cancel it!  He said PSA has no restrictions on any kits to NJ. My only choice is to refuse the order when I get tracking.:mad: 

Johnny,

Looks like the kit is lacking a pistol lower (obviously), charging handle and BCG.

Good luck keeping the (soon to be cannabalized) upper kit to under 50 oz assembled to a polymer lower.  You might be able to do it.

Brian, waiting for my scheduled massage here at Hard Rock Punta Cana D.R.

9 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Johnny,

Looks like the kit is lacking a pistol lower (obviously), charging handle and BCG.

Good luck keeping the (soon to be cannabalized) upper kit to under 50 oz assembled to a polymer lower.  You might be able to do it.

Brian, waiting for my scheduled massage here at Hard Rock Punta Cana D.R.

What?

While I am tempted to put the order in with PSA, may hold off. My dilemma at current moment is that I am in between moves, therefore guns are currently at gunsitters up north. I have a complete lower and stock is not yet pinned. So I cannot have the upper sent to me as at that point I'd be transporting the upper and lower to an FFL for compliancy work and would be in possession of a non compliant set up. I'd need the upper sent to an FFL to hold for me, I'd have to coordinate a day to go pick up my lower, bring it to the FFL, have all compliancy work done on upper and lower, then transport back to storage. I live in monmouth county. So not around the corner for me. Sounds like too much coordinating that idk if I have time to handle right now.