SYakoban

You baaaaad baaaad boys...

I came upon this article about the 5,000% increase in NJ concealed carry permits since the Supreme Court decision:

https://www.njspotlightnews.org/2024/03/nj-concealed-handgun-permits-soared-after-bruen-ruling-scotus-second-amendment/

It talks about the soaring increase in carry permits. It's (to no surprise) seriously implying that carry permits are out of control.

Before seeing this, I learned that there are now 33,000 permits. I could not believe it was that few in a state of 9M+. So this article is fear mongering with its 5,000% bullshit. It's a total fear manipulation.

Also, follow this link if you want to learn town by town where the permits are: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/nj.office.of.justice.data/viz/PermittoCarryDashboard/Intro

Fight the bullshit!

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Hmmmm… in 2023 shootings in NJ dropped below 1000 - that’s around a 30% decrease… I wonder if there a correlation.

Da yah think? LOL So much for Murphy's and Platkin's "blood in the streets if we allow carry permits." Permits up 5,000%, shootings down 30%. Let's go for 100,000 permits!

Thanks for noting that @High Exposure

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Yeah, my reaction was... holy cow! I gotta apply SOON... do my part to help pump those numbers up.

I may have to join you there Emma!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hmmmm… in 2023 shootings in NJ dropped below 1000 - that’s around a 30% decrease… I wonder if there a correlation.

it was the first time since 09, wasn't it? i'd venture correlation and causation.

• Like 1

Most likely.  Nobody.knows.whos.armed and.whos.not.

Polite society.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Vdep217 said:

I belive his report is going to work for us.  33000 permits no issues with ccw holders and the correlation of shootings violent crime dropping

The state admitted in court that they had no data showing CCW holders commit more crimes.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Quote by Bob Viden!  I guess he was wrong!

Here’s a companion video to that NJ Spotlight News article in the OP.

Interesting stuff…

www.pbs D O T org/video/nj-spotlight-news-marxh-19-2024-1710862630/

It’s about 25 minutes long

(I broke the link so it doesn’t track back here. Cut and paste into your browser and add a https:// in the front and replace the D O T with a . )

3 hours ago, voyager9 said:

The state admitted in court that they had no data showing CCW holders commit more crimes.  

Skip to 14:25 to hear Col Callahan speak on this a bit.

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Guess none of those doom and gloom predictions came true. 

They don’t need them to come true.  They just need to make it sound like they could and let the media and sheep slurp it up.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

They don’t need them to come true.  They just need to make it sound like they could and let the media and sheep slurp it up.  

You’re right about that…FACTS mean nothing to them. 

It’s all about the narrative. 

• Agree 1

Remember that it took over 6 months for NJ to get their permit requirements finalized and classes had to be changed and approved so last year a large number of people were also waiting for that to all get ironed out.

• Agree 3

On 3/23/2024 at 1:27 PM, JimB1 said:

Remember that it took over 6 months for NJ to get their permit requirements finalized and classes had to be changed and approved so last year a large number of people were also waiting for that to all get ironed out.

Including me. Now that the dust has settled I'll be going for mine this year.