Well short and sweet: USMC 5 years, 2 of which was MP, 3 of which was CH-53e airframer/hazmat spec/corrosion control manager. While there I qualified Expert once (to busy to really qual again, and boot camp was high sharp shooter) with the M16A2. But sadly, Im out of practice and need to freshen up on skills/concepts. As such I am planning on joining the NRA and taking their courses/qual tests.

I finally got around (read: waited for ever because of a move 2 weeks after I waited 4 months for FID, then about another 6 because of the transfer and 2 pistol permits) to buying my first gun, a p226 (9mm). Shoots like a dream. Before hand though I rented a few guns to see what was the best fit and found my baby.

I plan on getting 3-4 more pistols over time, probably 2 .45's and another 9mm and whatever else strikes me. End game (as if Im really ever going to stop buying guns; that is as long as PRNJ doesnt take away the 2nd) is to have a good assortment of guns for home protection, target shooting, and *maybe* hunting (not likely as I have little to no patience for waking up earlier than 6am anymore).

Planned Armory

Pistols

P226 (9mm) (Currently owned)

P220 (either DA/SA or Combat, Looking for a .45 with 10-15 round mags)

Kimber 1911 Double Stack .45

P229e2 .40 (still debating it, not hearing to much to like about the .40, but then Im relatively new to the details of everything)

Rifles

HK556 Carbine (or high quality piston operated body)

M700 (.308 and .22 atm, again still researching)

Dream Additions (Availability to Civilians?)

M40a3 or a5 if I can find one

m14 DMR

TDI Vector

Masada

TAR-21

Thats about it for now not counting knives and such. Glad to see there is an actual gun community in NJ that is organized on forums like this. Gotta lot to learn fellas, a lot to learn.

Welcome to the forums, spent some time in the service myself a few years back.

Nice on the 226, and, quickly looking through your initial post again, the .40SW P229's aren't too bad. Maybe its because I'm use to the snappiness of the .40 coming out of an XD, but I hardly get the same jumpiness when shooting my friends 229.

As for the rifles, continue your research-- there are a lot of options out there for piston driven ARs and M700 models... though I'll be one to debate the necessity for piston driven AR platforms, but that's what research is for.

As for the wish list, there are some lengthy debates about the Masada/ACR/SCAR (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5155)... though I'm pretty sure we're all sick of the topic [haha]. The M40A3/5 variants can be found... just pretty darn pricey. M14's a no-no from my knowledge; though you could always spice up an M1A SOCOM or make an AR DMR system. And regarding the TDI Vector, just ask Shane45-- he's like one of a handful that has an NJ compliant model (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5575).

Again, welcome!

Lake hoptacong is home to the Hildebrandts, some of the best painters there are. They do personal are and a lot of comic art as well, all in paintings. They are great with cars and naked chicks as well. Really nice dudes, though their manager is a bitch