Maksim

Poll, How many guns? and Is there too much?

Ok. Was reading a post on glock talk, where a poster got hammered after he suggested that some people spend toooo much on guns, and not enough on equipment, ammo and training.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1192340

What do you think?

Personally, I think anything beyond 2 pistols, 2 rifles, and a shotgun, is a luxury and not a must have. 2 Pistols just in case, a 22LR, and a bigger 223/308, and a shottie for crowd control, home defense.

Even right now, I noticed with myself, my next planned purchases would be offset by selling something else, that I just do not need, and I am sure that would leave more guns that would just be safe queens. IE, my brother has all safe queens now.

So right now, I am at... 4 handguns, a 22lr, 2 9mm's, and a 45.

and.... 5 rifles. 2 Mosins, a 22lr plinker, an AK, and a Remington 700.

I can see adding another one or two bolt actions (338 Lapua and a 223), and another 1 or 2 pistols, fine, maybe 3. (browning high power, a wheel gun of some sort, and yes... I want a 50AE, Gold Desert Eagle in Tiger camo)

ok, forgot the few ar's and ak's. so make that 2 more.

Once that is complete... I dont know. I would rather spend more time and money on magazines and reloading. lol.

so.... questions.

Can you have tooo many guns?

Do you see a limit for yourself?

And how many total do you own?

yes dan, you can have too much sex.... 3 times a day is my limit.

it was raining today.

Maks:

I think he meant with another person :mrgreen:

Hence why I didnt say masturbation. =P

IE. why i didnt make it to valley forge today.... but we digress.

No

No

What are you writing a book? Leave this chapter out!

well, here is the other thing though.

You have 20 guns, all in different calibers. the guns and purchases I have planned, are along the caliber lines I can easily get or reload for.

223/308

22lr/9mm

only oddballs are 7.62x54r and the soon to be 338 l.

But seriously, wtf are you goign to do with 100 guns? look at them? how about shooting them. unless you are really collecting them, or are a dealer.

well, here is the other thing though.

You have 20 guns, all in different calibers. the guns and purchases I have planned, are along the caliber lines I can easily get or reload for.

223/308

22lr/9mm

only oddballs are 7.62x54r and the soon to be 338 l.

But seriously, wtf are you goign to do with 100 guns? look at them? how about shooting them. unless you are really collecting them, or are a dealer.

This is America Maks, you can have as many houses, cars, kids, TV's, shoes, or whatever else you want!

I think its a personal decision ultimately. However, I do agree with the notion that without the proper amount of training/equipment, what good is hardware? (Without software.)

I know people who have 4+ handguns, a few rifles, and two shotguns-- but maybe 100 rounds/shells for each at best. I also know that aside from range time, they have no formal instruction. I don't think its a bad thing necessarily (because, like I said, its a personal decision), but I do feel that they're coming up short. I do not think it makes them irresponsible owners at all (because I feel that some may read that instead).

Then of course, if its someone prerogative to be only a collector, then I can't argue against that logic either.

Personally, I'm going to streamline my firearms and ammunition.

As long as all your other responsibilities are taken care of, then no.

Money and space dictate the limit. Sadly, I don't own any carwashes ;)